Pre-Game Talk: Goalie controversy? Panthers start 9 game homestand with Chris Driedger's 1st nhl start

Florida is in a playoff spot but close to falling out. How happy are you with the season so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
My issues are if he's bad, it's fair to question why he started. Florida needs this W. If he's good, well I guess Bob's confidence can't be much lower... Driedger's numbers were bad until last year, but he may well be playing for a longterm NHL gig, hopefully that's enough motivation.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Gotta like we have a coach like Q who isn't afraid (and waiting too long) to bench the highest-paid player on the team.
Well, he tried to bench Bob for Monty but Monty was sucking just as bad as Bob so you can't go with that option. Driedger has been red hot in the AHL so he earned a shot. If he plays well, then we'll see how much cajones Q has.

My issues are if he's bad, it's fair to question why he started. Florida needs this W. If he's good, well I guess Bob's confidence can't be much lower... Driedger's numbers were bad until last year, but he may well be playing for a longterm NHL gig, hopefully that's enough motivation.
He has been red hot in the AHL and Bob is struggling, there are no questions why Driedger is getting a shot even if he let's 15 in like Vokoun did in his first start.

Reactions: I am not exposed

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Let me save you the suspense, they're big.
joelballs.gif

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Gotta like we have a coach like Q who isn't afraid (and waiting too long) to bench the highest-paid player on the team.

If I was Q I would have benched Bob for the Winnipeg game. Maybe he didn't trust Monty with that start, I'm not sure why he didn't. There's probably a reason, especially since he has 900 + career coaching wins and I have zero.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
@Beezer you are on for the GDT but I was depressed seeing the Caps thread still.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with where Florida is. I'm expecting Toronto and Tampa to pass them shortly, putting Florida in 9th, but only 2 points back from Philly, and I'm not concerned about them. And Montreal is a mess. 6 of the 9 teams Florida is facing on this homestand are out of a playoff spot right now, and Nashville is struggling and will be on the 2nd of a b2b and 3rd game in 4 nights this game, Florida will have had 3 days off . Florida then faces bottom feeding Minny and CBJ. Good spot to make up lost ground.

working on it now....

just got home little while ago from black Friday shopping....

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’m so anxious to see how he does. I’m really happy that Q decided to let him start, I just wanted him to get a shot, at least one game, that’s all. They have nothing to lose.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Not his first nhl start but first in awhile. Hope the team steps up their play for him. He deserves the chance. Don't think this should matter with respect to bob in the long run. He's a professional, he'll be fine.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad