goalie c/a matrix pro questions

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by jjma14, May 17, 2011.

1. jjma14

jjma14 Registered User

Does anyone know anything about this c/a? I haven't been playing too long but the shots are starting to heat up. I can't find much on this one. My current c/a probably couldn't handle a punch from a 3 year old, so I need to upgrade soon. I'd like to be under 300 bucks. Is this a good option? https://www.donsimmons.com/ecom/product/1108 Also considering the 995 or the ultra light 5.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. Kayen

Kayen SLAPPAPPYSHEV

Matrix 4 if you want good protection.
    The 996 sacrafices some protection for mobility. Can't go wrong with either.

3. MetropolisPt31

MetropolisPt31 Registered User

In terms of protection, they're basically identical. What C/A do you use now? What have you worn before? Generally, the 996 fits more like a Vaughn C/A whereas the Matrix fits like a Koho/Reebok/Heaton C/A.

4. jjma14

jjma14 Registered User

I'm pretty new to hockey so all I've worn is a Brian's c/a. Not sure what it is. Says kevlar and pro on it, but it's got tons of weak spots. Shoulders, elbows, stomachs not great, and chest sucks against slapshots. I just ordered the 996. Should come tomorrow. Thanks guys.