goalie arm and chest protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
a friend of mine is a goalie and he is looking for something to put under his arms and chest protector. He says that he feels the pucks too much and doesn't feel his arms protected enough . And with our geographical situation, you guys, are among the only who can give him some tips :handclap:

anyone??

PS. the buy-another-protector tip won't be considered :D

Avant-Gardien

May 6, 2005
Cambridge, MA
medmed said:
a friend of mine is a goalie and he is looking for something to put under his arms and chest protector. He says that he feels the pucks too much and doesn't feel his arms protected enough . And with our geographical situation, you guys, are among the only who can give him some tips :handclap:

anyone??

PS. the buy-another-protector tip won't be considered :D

He may be better-served by beefing up his existing unit on the outside as opposed to layering another set of padding inside. Consider taking protective pieces from elsewhere (old thigh boards, shoulder floaters, knee lifts, etc) and stitching them on top of weak points in the chest protector. You can create some hilarious frankenstein units by doing so.

Alternatively, a few padded goalie jerseys exist (I know Brian's makes one) which can take a little more force off of the puck before it hits the body.

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
thanx, beefing his acutal protector is a nice idea.

parle tu français? ça me serait utile pour des explications détaillées :)

edit: forget this question, i didn't notice you were from boston (or maybe you speak french anyway :dunno: )

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
Ruhollah Khomeini said:
You can create some hilarious frankenstein units by doing so.

That's a hilarious expression! :biglaugh:

Are goalies allowed to put pillows under their jersey? Not only they could use in case that he does not get too much work during the game, but he could use them to make himself bigger?

I have another question: There are those cheap pads for street hockey. Would you recommend for ball hockey goalies? As they very light, you can move around much faster. I understand that the ball will rebound much more, but isn't a good thing to have the ball rebound much further than they would with ice hockey pads?

Merci!

aerialis

Oct 7, 2005
toronto & pittsburgh
im a goalie too, and i did something similar to what ruholla is suggesting. i have a low end vaughn model thats beefed up with a heart guard from the belly pad of a player shoulder pad, and bicep pads to beef up the arms. i also cut up my old child hockey pants, and sewed them on so that they wrap around to cover the rib cage under the arms (they hurt like hell when you get hit there)

hope it helps

by the way heres a picture of my "frankenstein" protector. gotta love the little loops that hold up the jersey ;)

DSCF2149.jpg

unfortunately i like my gear on kind of tight so i dont billow out as much as i could ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad