Goalie Advice: What to do with Fasth?

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Not sure what's considered obvious or not (league info): ESPN, league manager, H2H. Goalies: wins= 5, GA= -1, SO= 10, losses= -2, SV= 1.

As the title suggest, my fantasy goalie situation may be getting ugly. In my league we're allowed to use four goalies.

My goalies:

Fasth
Rask
*M. Smith
Varlamov

Currently the following (decent) goalies are available via FA:

J. Allen
J. Bernier
R. Lehner
R. Luongo
J. Markstrom

Smith may be dealing with a head injury. Fasth on the other hand is receiving fewer starts due to Hiller's exceptional play and i'm worried his performance tonight could impact his starts. He already doesn't play as often.

Would it be ridiculous to drop Fasth for Allen or Lehner? He seems to be in more of a back-up role so it seems unlikely I could trade him for another goalie.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
I think after last nights performance Fasth will be getting dropped by many owners, it was his night to prove Anaheim can rotate both goalies, he had a bad game and I see Hiller starting the majority of the season from now on in, Fasth will still get a couple starts to give Hiller a break and unless he plays lights out they will go back to rotating. I dropped Fasth and picked up Bobrovsky over Allen, Lehner, Emery, Markstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad