Goal Song

BendItLikePeckham

Jul 4, 2018
I know there's a music sharing thread, but I wanted to talk about the ever-changing goal song.
This year we have "Hell Yeah" by Rev Theory, which isn't so bad after dealing with a damn Pitbull song.

I was wondering what you guys would love as our permanent goal song or if you're happy with the current one?

I'm a gigantic Japandroids fan so I vote either the chorus from "The Nights of Wine & Roses" or "Near to the Wild Heart of Life".

Last edited:
Reactions: Little Fury

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I’ve always wanted players to have goal songs like they have walk up music in baseball.

Step 1: Goal is scored. Blow the horn for a few seconds. Enough time for the DJ to cue up the players chosen goal song.

Step 2: If it’s not obvious who scored then play the generic team goal song (not Pitbull).

Step 3: Profit

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I’ve always wanted players to have goal songs like they have walk up music in baseball.

Step 1: Goal is scored. Blow the horn for a few seconds. Enough time for the DJ to cue up the players chosen goal song.

Step 2: If it’s not obvious who scored then play the generic team goal song (not Pitbull).

Step 3: Profit
Still DRE for Draisaitl would be so awesome.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Anything...and I mean ANYTHING is better than that gross-ass "Stadium Love" song which precluded the seizure inducing song they had for the past two two seasons (and this year's pre-season iirc) prior to changing it to Rev Theory, which I like for a goal song.

The fans at Rogers need to clue in and chant "HEY HEY HEY!" during that part of the song when the Oilers score. I have not noticed that yet from the crowd.

Maybe in the playoffs. :naughty:

Reactions: BendItLikePeckham

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Son of a Bitch (chorus) by Civet with a giant finger that bobs up and down with the replay of the goal inside it and on the bottom of the scoreboard a scrolling FU Chiarelli. Instant hit and would make every highlight reel on the planet forever.

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
"Walk" by Pantera....also on the subject of music, they need to replace whatever the hell is that awful techno circus music that they play before the opening faceoff....might be the worst pump up to start a game music I have ever heard!

Reactions: BendItLikePeckham

BendItLikePeckham

Jul 4, 2018

I'm partial to hearing the intro of this song after a goal and having a bunch fans going along with it.

Edit: Plus were a festival city so it's a good combo.

I would love the chorus for Festival Song or I may raise you Rosenstock's labelmates PUP for the hook in Reservoir which would sound killer after a Klef-BOMB

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
They should have a different goal song for every player the way MLB players have personalized walk up music.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I know there's a music sharing thread, but I wanted to talk about the ever-changing goal song.
This year we have "Hell Yeah" by Rev Theory, which isn't so bad after dealing with a damn Pitbull song.

I was wondering what you guys would love as our permanent goal song or if you're happy with the current one?

I'm a gigantic Japandroids fan so I vote either the chorus from "The Nights of Wine & Roses" or "Near to the Wild Heart of Life".

The Canucks used the House that Heaven Built as their intro song a few years back. JPNDRDS are a Vancouver band so that makes sense. If they want to go local for a goal/intro song they should hit up Slates. "Orange Light" would be perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad