goal scorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
I think Fehr will be.

According to many articles I've read on him, he seems like he has a nose for the net. Not a big physical player, but he ducks in there gets the garbage goals and has some skill to boot. He also seems to have good hockey sense, esp in the offensive end. He reads the play well, and gets to where he needs to go, so that his teammates can get him the puck.

Goal scoring edge goes to him out of these players, but overall ability I'd probably go with Carter.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
G said:
I would like to know who do you think will be the best goal scorer ?

Semin
Stewart
Carter
Fehr
O'Sullivan
Horton

Thanks

Semin
Horton
Fehr
Carter
O'Sullivan

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Vasyunov!!

oops, it's not 2007 yet ;)

I'll have to go with Semin. The kid has soft hands, slick moves, can pass, but is more of a sniper with a quick release.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
G said:
I would like to know who do you think will be the best goal scorer ?

Semin
Stewart
Carter
Fehr
O'Sullivan
Horton
Thanks

1. Semin scoring goals like Datsyuk/Kovalchuk
1A. Horton like Nash...
However the pucks go in, they still count. Those would be my top picks for now, since we've already had a chance to see what they can do in the NHL.

2. O'Sullivan is the Wildcard...

3. Fehr and Stewart are maybe a little too smart to get big totals... their coaches might like to see them backchecking and doing more cornerwork than a really big goal scorer might.

4. Carter... not so much a finisher.

:dunno:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Blind Gardien said:
1. Semin scoring goals like Datsyuk/Kovalchuk
1A. Horton like Nash...
However the pucks go in, they still count. Those would be my top picks for now, since we've already had a chance to see what they can do in the NHL.

2. O'Sullivan is the Wildcard...

3. Fehr and Stewart are maybe a little too smart to get big totals... their coaches might like to see them backchecking and doing more cornerwork than a really big goal scorer might.

4. Carter... not so much a finisher.

An article was written about Fehr a week ago, about scoring 50 goals in the WHL, having just turned 18, and having a knack for scoring the "big goals". He should be clutch.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
EroCaps said:
An article was written about Fehr a week ago, about scoring 50 goals in the WHL, having just turned 18, and having a knack for scoring the "big goals". He should be clutch.

Maybe my mind is just stuck on last-year's pre-draft Fehr too much, I dunno. But I think he's the kind of guy who is smart, fearless, hard-working, and a good skater in ways that might see him get saddled with defensive responsibilities that will detract from his scoring totals. He'll want to make the team so bad that he'll actually listen to his coaches and concentrate on defense if they ask it of him. (And in the NHL, they usually do ask).

I agree, he'll score "big goals".... clutch goals... but not necessarily enough meaningless little goals to be thought of as a really big sniper.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Blind Gardien said:
Maybe my mind is just stuck on last-year's pre-draft Fehr too much, I dunno. But I think he's the kind of guy who is smart, fearless, hard-working, and a good skater in ways that might see him get saddled with defensive responsibilities that will detract from his scoring totals. He'll want to make the team so bad that he'll actually listen to his coaches and concentrate on defense if they ask it of him. (And in the NHL, they usually do ask).

I agree, he'll score "big goals".... clutch goals... but not necessarily enough meaningless little goals to be thought of as a really big sniper.

I see where you're coming from, and you're right on about the kind of player he is. I think his coaches were considering his youth, and potential size once he fills out (6'3), and made off-hand comparisons to Bertuzzi, and powerfowards with great shots and touch down low.

I wouldn't call Fehr a "sniper", but he's going to score a lot. I've heard shades of young Andreychuck. :propeller

MartinStLouis

Sep 3, 2003
DC Metro area
Visit site
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Horton, the guys is a natural goal scorer! Although Fehr has some of the nicest hands I've seen.
Pat O'Sullivan has the best hands of them all, if he can handle his off ice situations he will be leading scorer no doubt, playing with him I could see he has an uncanny nose for scoring

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
MartinStLouis said:
Pat O'Sullivan has the best hands of them all, if he can handle his off ice situations he will be leading scorer no doubt, playing with him I could see he has an uncanny nose for scoring
agree completely.....i'm anxious to see what he can do on a team that has some guys that can play at the same level....I don't think he's had that in Juniors...no offense to anyone intended...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad