Speculation: Goal horn/goal song

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
I’ve always wanted Lithium to be a goal song since forever. With Forslund being the Kraken’s PBP guy and this goal song it’s quickly becoming a favorite franchise of mine. Now just get Dach and DeBrincat out of Chicago and I can pledge full allegiance. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Le Cobra

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Are the crowd singing "Let's Go Kraken" during the goal song, to line up with the "i'm not gonna crack" ???

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
it stands out and its pretty catchy. Seattle became the loudest fans in the NHL by far in their inaugural season. Gonna be tough to beat them at home.

Soul Rebel

Aug 19, 2019
Are the crowd singing "Let's Go Kraken" during the goal song, to line up with the "i'm not gonna crack" ???

I gotta say, it's catchy and I really like it. Went to the game last night and I hope this sticks. When Kurt hits the 'I like it....." the fans chant "Lets. Go. Kraken." along with the chorus so it kinda lines up with him saying "I'm not gonna crack."

As a teen when Nevermind came out, I really didn't think Nirvana's music as an arena goal scoring kitchy thing would be something that Cobain would have wanted. It reps our city way too much and it's done well by the Kraken fan engagement team. There's something about 17k folks chanting it while Lithium plays that makes my soul happy.

Reactions: golffuul

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I gotta say, it's catchy and I really like it. Went to the game last night and I hope this sticks. When Kurt hits the 'I like it....." the fans chant "Lets. Go. Kraken." along with the chorus so it kinda lines up with him saying "I'm not gonna crack."

As a teen when Nevermind came out, I really didn't think Nirvana's music as an arena goal scoring kitchy thing would be something that Cobain would have wanted. It reps our city way too much and it's done well by the Kraken fan engagement team. There's something about 17k folks chanting it while Lithium plays that makes my soul happy.

I'm guessing the org may have checked with Novoselic, Grohl and Cobain's family before using it to make sure there weren't any objections or something he/they'd have hated. Given the effort they made with the stuffed salmon to make sure it didn't upset anyone and just generally consulting relevant parties on decisions.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
I'm guessing the org may have checked with Novoselic, Grohl and Cobain's family before using it to make sure there weren't any objections or something he/they'd have hated. Given the effort they made with the stuffed salmon to make sure it didn't upset anyone and just generally consulting relevant parties on decisions.
Grohl was there with his band the Foo Fighters a couple nights before the home opener, I’m sure if he would have been against it he would have said so.

Reactions: Scomerica

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad