Go on record: what does MB do with #3?

What does MB do with #3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hopefully the Coyotes really want Zadina... enough to pony up something good. Imo the only way they'e getting Zadina is by trading up. I agree that there's no chance the Sens pass on Zadina.

Hopefully MB can be smart and take advantage of being in a position of power for once.
It's been said that Chayka isn't going to overpay. Bergevin does have the advantage here, hopefully he doesn't f*** it up.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Svitov, Lethonen, Bouwmeester, Horton, Barker, Jack Johnson, Jordan Staal, Turris, JVR, Bogosian, Duchene, Gudbranson, RNH, Yakupov, Murray, Drouin, Sam Reinhart, Strome...

17 players out of 45 choosen top 3 from 2001 to 2015. I'd take Koivu before any of them.

I sure hope we can draft a better player than Koivu at 3, but a Koivu would be fine.
so 28 out of 45 players chosen top 3 are better than Mikko Koivu, that's 62%. I sure hope we do better than Koivu. We need first line, star talent. By all accounts this is a good draft. The talent is there. it's up to Timmins to find it.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Also Zadina is 5'11 barely 6 foot, not 6'1
Kotkaniemi is 6'2 and a center

Like f*** off with the wingers already, we have way too many.

Galchenyuk >> Zadina

What kind of magical player do you guys think Zadina is? He's nothing special.

Yeah this team shouldn't take Pasternak, Patrick Kane, or Radulov if they're offered to us for free. Look at how little of an impact losing Radulov had on our team.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Yeah this team shouldn't take Pasternak, Patrick Kane, or Radulov if they're offered to us for free. Look at how little of an impact losing Radulov had on our team.
Radulov WAS our team.

Those 3 guys you mentioned >>>>> Zadina's potential, get real. He's nothing special. He's a good player.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Galchenyuk >> Zadina

I disagree that Zadina isn't special. He is going to be one heck of a goalscorer, and if we trade Pacioretty, we will eventually need one. It's still unknown if Gally can repeat, Drouin can improve, Galchenyuk can improve, others come close...etc. However, Kotkaniemi does have an excellent shot.
10:08

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Radulov WAS our team.

Those 3 guys you mentioned >>>>> Zadina's potential, get real. He's nothing special. He's a good player.

Sounds like all the scouting you've done has allowed you to make projections of players that are better than those that do it for a living.

As for me, I just want Timmins to find elite talent, I don't care what position it's at. I'll be happy if he does that. All reports are there will be such talent at no. 3.

I don't want to hear 6 years down the line "we missed player x, an elite talent, because at the time we needed a center so we had to draft player y, and he turned out to be a Nathan Beaulieu level center. What can you do, the draft is an imprecise science."

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007

Galchenyuk >> Zadina

Player Facts
  • Position
    LW
  • Height
    6'1" / 185 cm
  • Weight
    192 lbs / 87 kg
  • Shoots
    L

He's light years better than your 10 goals scoring oaf.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Kotkaniemi, he scored 10 whole goals last season. Just what we need, another freakin' floater.
giphy.gif

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Bergevin must know that he has the advantage here. Arizona would CERTAINLY want Zadina. Their RW depth is pretty awful. Now, obviously the Habs would want Kotkanimei too, so both teams benefit. However, if all they offer is Minnys 2nd, just stay put and take Kotkaniemi. Sens will take Zadina and Arizona misses out on both guys. Getting ANOTHER 2nd is not worth risking the Yotes taking Zadina and the Sens taking Kotkaniemi. I do believe that the tier is very close, but if you like one guy more than the other, don't risk it, take him and we don't need a 5th 2nd in this case.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Woah @Cobra Commander and @Rickkins It's like the two of you just kicked in the door and started throwing trash all over the walls. Cobra, Zadina is a good player saying he is nothing special can't be determined but by all accounts he will be a good player. When all the scouting agency are projecting Zadina as a top five player out of hundreds of potential draftee's I'll take there word for it over a guy who just bursts in here trashing the player because " we have too many wingers"

Kotkaniemi is also a good player. He is also a center. He is also this drafts top center. This team needs centers. But the stars haven't aligned for us, we would have to reach for him because there are a lot of good wingers and Defenseman I'd rather take a chance on at the #3 pick instead of reaching for Kotka.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just pick Zadina, trade Max, get a 1st in the process and draft 2 C in the 1st round next year?

I like the idea. Even if there is no way to know where those first round picks would be, next year, there are teams to target who are likely to provide a top 10 pick. We need to be in that action.

As Kyle Woodlief said yesterday -- in the 25 years he's been producing a scouting report, this is the first time that he has not ranked a center prospect within his top 10 list. Now, that's his take and he doesn't value Kotkaniemi the same way some others do.

However, one thing is certain -- we're not going to have that situation repeat itself next year. We need to be in that top 10 draft pick list by hook or by crook to finally be able to nab that potential no. 1C candidate.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I like the idea. Even if there is no way to know where those first round picks would be, next year, there are teams to target who are likely to provide a top 10 pick. We need to be in that action.

As Kyle Woodlief said yesterday -- in the 25 years he's been producing a scouting report, this is the first time that he has not ranked a center prospect within his top 10 list. Now, that's his take and he doesn't value Kotkaniemi the same way some others do.

However, one thing is certain -- we're not going to have that situation repeat itself next year. We need to be in that top 10 draft pick list by hook or by crook to finally be able to nab that potential no. 1C candidate.
I see Kotkaniemi as a potential #1 C, but if we stay in the top 5 again next year, we will likely get a better C. I like the idea of getting another 1st next year too. I would really be looking at Vegas and offer Pacioretty and get a LHD/C+1st in return.

Reactions: Runner77

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Trades the 3rd pick to Arizona for pick #5 and #55. Arizona drafts Zadina and we take Kotkaniemi at #5. If Ottawa messes us up and takes him at #4, then we take Tkachuk. We package some of those seconds into another first.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Trades the 3rd pick to Arizona for pick #5 and #55. Arizona drafts Zadina and we take Kotkaniemi at #5. If Ottawa messes us up and takes him at #4, then we take Tkachuk. We package some of those seconds into another first.
That is a horrific gamble. Zadina can very well be a 40 goalscorer and Kotkaniemi can very well be a 65 point 2way center. Tkachuks offensive potential is nowhere near those guys. What are the odds that #55 becomes anything to make up for this gamble?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
That is a horrific gamble. Zadina can very well be a 40 goalscorer and Kotkaniemi can very well be a 65 point 2way center. Tkachuks offensive potential is nowhere near those guys. What are the odds that #55 becomes anything to make up for this gamble?
I highly doubt Ottawa takes Kotkaniemi (they may even make a similar deal with Detroit in which case we lose out on JK), so I threw Tkachuk's name there. Replace him with any other player if you wish. The most likely scenario is we take Kotkaniemi but ideally we make it so Zadina goes west.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I highly doubt Ottawa takes Kotkaniemi (they may even make a similar deal with Detroit in which case we lose out on JK), so I threw Tkachuk's name there. Replace him with any other player if you wish. The most likely scenario is we take Kotkaniemi but ideally we make it so Zadina goes west.
I mean if Timmins and the crew feel that there is no separation between a group of guys that will make it to the 5th then I 100% agree, but if it's either Kotkaniemi or Zadina, it's a stupid gamble to take.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
40 goal scorer? really? could also be a 25 goal guy or a bust like Yakupov.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Woah @Cobra Commander and @Rickkins It's like the two of you just kicked in the door and started throwing trash all over the walls. Cobra, Zadina is a good player saying he is nothing special can't be determined but by all accounts he will be a good player. When all the scouting agency are projecting Zadina as a top five player out of hundreds of potential draftee's I'll take there word for it over a guy who just bursts in here trashing the player because " we have too many wingers"

Kotkaniemi is also a good player. He is also a center. He is also this drafts top center. This team needs centers. But the stars haven't aligned for us, we would have to reach for him because there are a lot of good wingers and Defenseman I'd rather take a chance on at the #3 pick instead of reaching for Kotka.
He's a good player, he's not a special player was my point, he's no Svechnikov. I prefer taking the center over another winger, it wouldn't be reaching that far because he has climbed big time and is now close to top five. If i'm GM i'm trying to move down a couple spots at worst to take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad