GM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Ohio Jones said:
Toronto, Dallas, as well as a couple of teams that may have their GMs bounced due to lack of participation. More to follow.

It looks as though the teams "on the bubble" have been given one last chance to demonstrate some commitment. Let's hope to see them active and posting shortly, otherwise there will be as many as two more openings.

You know who you are.

In the meantime, there is the question of what to do with Toronto. It's not exactly the richest enticement for an incoming GM, given that it has no money, few players and fewer prospects of note...

Perhaps an established and committed GM who is feelign a little stale with his current team would be interested in this unique long-term challenge. I did it three years ago (four?), jumping ship from Washington to take over the (then) sad-sack Columbus Blue Jackets, and I've never regretted it.

Any takers?

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Claudio Mannarino said:
Tough getting any Maple Loaf fans to take over the franchise. They only like to take and root for winning programs.

Oh what brilliantly masked sarcasm..

Poke away Claudio.

I truely hope the Leafs make the playoffs if only to knock out the Sens once again - and lets stress the 'once again'. And there will be no shoot-out to decide those matches...

Kruegs

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Easy Cowboy!!! :)

The shootout only proves that the Leafs have been built for what was formerly known as wrestling or the pre-lockout NHL. Mr. Lindros, who by the way I've been a big fan of, has a very short "good until date". Once that expires, the Loafs will quickly fall out of the playoff scene and then can focus on participating in playoff pools.

Krugs, I agree the Leafs were better wrestlers and having Lalime on their payroll secured their success, it also didn't hurt that the "old" NHL used the 2 blind mice ref system.

I digress, no sour grapes, we were beat by what back then passed for a better team.

C.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Bah the Leafs beat the Sens because of heart and Belfour or Joesph stood on his head. Ottawa's always been the more talented team and always beats Toronto during the season...they just got no heart. If you think beating Lalime in the playoffs was something wait til they do it again to Hasek.

This coming from a guy who is fed up with Toronto and its organizations lack of drafting good young guys and building with youth.

Go Spezza!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I must say, I'm pretty excited about the improvements we've seen to Toronto's drafting and development record... having Stajan, Steen and Wellwood all up with the big club is gratifying, and Colaiacovo, Wozniewski and Kronvall will all see time on the blueline this year. The depth of young defencemen in the organization is really impressive, although there isn't that bona fide blue-chipper, but then our last early 1st rounder was Antropov, so perhaps that isn't surprising. And with young guys like Mitchell and Williams set to pressure for spots in the next couple of years, I'd say the organization has turned a corner with its youth. Still a ways to go, but now they're investing well in scouting and player development, so good signs all around.

As far as knocking off the Sens in the playoffs this year, I'll be happy for Montreal and Ottawa to fight an opening round matchup to see which team gets to lose to us in the second round... :p

But I believe a gauntlet has been thrown down, and if only Mr. Krueger wasn't of the belief that he would challenge for the cup this year, perhaps he might pick it up. As it stands, however, I don't see him making that move this year. Any other interested parties?

Last edited:

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Roberto,

You could always prove Claudio wrong by taking over the Leafs? Actions speak louder than words when it comes to team loyalty...

Nicolaiovitch,

Oi vey - both you and Claudio stuck with your respective HFNHL franchises when the HFNHL Sens came up a few years ago...so lets not have the pot call the kettle black.

My preferrence to stick with the HFNHL Bruins has nothing to do with where my loyalty exists wrt the NHL. I really don't have to prove anything - my blood is still literally Blue and White - seriously! My arteries pump white, and my veins return blue - I am not joking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad