GM's making mistakes early in the FA frenzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
moneyp said:
I think the teams that are standing pat and waiting for next year's free agent crop are the ones that are going to make out like bandits. Remember, it's been a year since anyone has played. A player's value can improve or decrease dramatically over that time. Signing players (especially older players) based on what they did in 2004 is risky. It's better to actually play a season and see where everyone is at and then make roster decisions accordingly.

Of course that's one way of looking at it, but on the other hand somebody's going to win the Stanley this year as well...

I bet the coach/GM/team fans etc. who do win it, are going to boast about their shrewd signings and good management, when it's for the big part luck, really (no injuries etc.)...as always, I guess...

...so some teams will opt to go for it this season, this might be as good a chance for them as any other year in the near future, with all the questionables you brought up. And then deal with the player personnel problems and possible lean years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad