News Article: GMJR HAS RESIGNED

Status
Not open for further replies.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
just remember the HC & GM jobs were not wanted before the SC's They had to take GMJR as GM & He hired Mike Johnston after the 1st 2 targets went elsewhere. Sid, Geno & the core was looked at as HC & GM Killers. rightly or wrongly

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
GMs can't be traded and that still isn't the same. This isn't just PLD asking for a trade, half assing it on a couple shifts and getting benched. This isn't when a player holds out for a better contract. It is more equivalent if PLD showed up for a couple games then quit or retired.
Except we have no idea how long things have been going on for behind the scenes. It could have been an issue for a year or so.

Also you're right, GM's can't be traded. All they can do is resign if they aren't ok with how upper management is taking things.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Malkin was going to be traded in the offseason
No he wasn't.

Malkin was the Penguins' best player for large stretches of last season. He has a full no trade clause. Yeah, he wasn't good against Montreal and has struggled early this season, but that's not all that unusual in the league right now.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Turin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I would be amenable to trading Letang or even Geno, but it would have to be for a significant return. And if ownership questions JR's ability to extract reasonable value, I can't blame them.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
No he wasn't.

Malkin was the Penguins' best player for large stretches of last season. He has a full no trade clause. Yeah, he wasn't good against Montreal and has struggled early this season, but that's not all that unusual in the league right now.
You sure he wants to be here? He spends a lot of time in Florida, as does his family. No state tax either.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
I would be amenable to trading Letang or even Geno, but it would have to be for a significant return. And if ownership questions JR's ability to extract reasonable value, I can't blame them.
BUT If they think he lost something on his Fastball kick him upstairs or Out

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
You sure he wants to be here? He spends a lot of time in Florida, as does his family. No state tax either.
So?

When has Malkin given any indication that he wants to leave Pittsburgh? He's repeatedly said that he wants to sign a short extension to finish his NHL career here. He has shown no ego to get paid a max contract, followed Sid's lead with his last contract.

The only person who has seemingly entertained the idea of Evgeni Malkin not playing in Pittsburgh is Jim Rutherford.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
BUT If they think he lost something on his Fastball kick him upstairs or Out
Maybe they wanted to just get to the offseason and not make waves now. And if he was to make a trade, maybe they'd allow him some secondary moves that don't have a huge impact one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->