Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Wait are you saying Stepan can do all of the above? Because I'm only advocating the next guy is better than Stepan which is a pretty low bar.
Yeah, I'm saying Stepan can do the above and is what we need as a 13th forward next season. I'm not saying he's a world beat, I'm saying "find me a guy who can do those things better than Stepan"

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, I'm saying Stepan can do the above and is what we need as a 13th forward next season. I'm not saying he's a world beat, I'm saying "find me a guy who can do those things better than Stepan"

Well, there's your problem. Because Stepan only fits 2 of your stipulations. You have a misguided view of Stepan. There are a bunch of C's which will be UFAs this offseason which would take a one year deal that are definitively better than Stepan.

BTW, you can already tell that I don't have a very high view of the guy. I bet you if we don't sign him there is a good chance he doesn't play in the NHL next season.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Well, there's your problem. Because Stepan only fits 2 of your stipulations. You have a misguided view of Stepan. There are a bunch of C's which will be UFAs this offseason which would take a one year deal that are definitively better than Stepan.

BTW, you can already tell that I don't have a very high view of the guy. I bet you if we don't sign him there is a good chance he doesn't play in the NHL next season.
I'll take that bet. If Ottawa doesn't re-sign Stepan, he still gets an NHL contract

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'll take that best. If Ottawa doesn't re-sign Stepan, he still gets an NHL contract

Sure but I think you are confusing players. Stepan is not good at draws and cannot play in the top 6 for sure, and was quickly playing himself out of the bottom 6 as well. I mean just look at his slow progression from 1C to 4C to being a scratch as the org realized he can't play anymore.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't think anyone wants him here, I think some are scared of the alternative... Trading a pick for a different vet that's just as useless.
Is it just me or are we not in a position where this isn't necessary anymore?

Seems like if we want to keep rolling and battle for a playoff spot, we ought to start moving on from the character off the ice, but detriment on the ice vets and either running with what we've got or bringing in a needle mover.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I really think PD just politely says he will “explore options” with guys like Stepan and Dzingle. He knows they want jobs in the league and he isn’t go to say “we have no interest”.

PD said Arti was moving on and Arti ha slickly made that clear.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Some posters in here are perpetually on a different page from what the team is doing and where we’re going. That must suck.

But after years of listening to it I have zero sympathy. This team on the ice now, and the moves we have done and are doing are right down my alley.

Love this Sens.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Will the real "Sens Insider" please stand up!
If and when Brady signs an extension who do you think will get the scoop and report it?
Friedman, Lebrun, Dreger, Garrioch,
others?
Not a big deal just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->