Management GM Pierre Dorion BEST moves #7

Which move was the best? #7

• Marián Gáborík + Anders Nilsson (LTIRs) for Braydon Coburn + Cédric Paquette + 2022 2nd (TBL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyler Ennis (30 y/o) first contract (1 year x 0.800) : 33 pts in 61 GP, then traded for a 5th (#148)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
GM Pierre Dorion (2016-present) BEST moves

#1 - Erik Karlsson (28 y/o) for 1st round pick (#3 OA Tim Stützle) + Josh Norris + Rudolfs Balcers + Chris Tierney + Dylan DeMelo + 2nd round pick (#37 OA Mads Sogaard*) + 2nd round pick (#39 OA Zack Ostapchuk)
#2- Drake Batherson (23 y/o) extension (6 years x 4.975)
#3- Derick Brassard (30 y/o) for 1st round pick (JBD + Tychonick) + Gustavsson + 3rd round pick (via Ian Cole)
#4- Artem Zub (25 y/o) first contract (1 year x 0.925)
#5- Thomas Chabot (23 y/o) extension (8 years x 8.0)
#6- Ryan Dzingel (26 y/o) for Anthony Duclair (23 y/o) + 2020 2nd round pick (#52 OA) + 2021 2nd round pick (#37 OA)
#7-
#8-
#9-
#10-

* Ottawa traded up using the Panthers 2nd round pick and the Penguins 3rd round pick (swapped with Ottawa's 3rd in the Brassard trade)

Of course all of this is with the benefit of hindsight, we are starting to look at the end results of these moves

Some moves to add later

- Dzingel for Paquette + Galchenyuk : good trade to repair 2 mistakes
- Victor Mete (22 y/o) claimed on waivers
- 5th round pick for Mike Reilly then traded for a 3rd round pick
- 4th round pick round pick for Austin Watson
- 4th round pick for Namestnikov then flipped for a 4th round pick
- Phaneuf + Thompson for Gaborik (contract dump)
- Hiring Boucher coaching staff

- Brady Tkachuk extension (7 years x 8.2) : was it a good move?
- Artem Zub extension (2 years x 2.5) : was it a good move?
- Zack Smith (31 y/o) for Artem Anisimov (31 y/o) : was it a good move?
- Logan Brown + 4th round pick for Zach Sanford : was it a good move?
- 5th round pick for Mike Condon : was it a good move? he was on waivers like the week before and we ended up overpaying him

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Agreeing to take on Coburn and Paquette for a 2nd was very good asset management for a change and would have got my vote, but it resulted in losing Balcers on waivers, so I'm not sure what the net gain was there.

Dumping Dadonov and actually getting something in return gets my vote. No idea what Vegas was thinking on that one.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I voted Pageau but I honestly don’t think we should have traded him to begin with. Oh well, I’ll take Ridly Greig and Kleven!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Agreeing to take on Coburn and Paquette for a 2nd was very good asset management for a change and would have got my vote, but it resulted in losing Balcers on waivers, so I'm not sure what the net gain was there.

That's the problem with Dorion, does something good one day then completely screws it up the next day. The Balcers waivers loss to NOT waive Paquette is just ridiculous

Dumping Dadonov and actually getting something in return gets my vote. No idea what Vegas was thinking on that one.

Not a really good move in the optics but Vegas is loaded so they don't care much about Dadonov's salary. 5.0 AAV though so they are banking on some kind of rebound from him. Currently has 9 pts in 21 GP.

They didn't need Holden anymore and a 3rd is not a big deal. From our side, a very good deal. Problem though is we didn't really invest the money saved. It was just used for Tkachuk/Batherson raises

Lol at you guys bumping this thread on the day Murray clears waivers. Well done!

It wasn't a bump! I created the 7th poll today

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad