NHL 20 GM Mode Logs & Conversation

JLFGoNicsGo11

Apr 21, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
You forgot brad Lambert

Have outlined a rough draft of who needs to be created for Franchise Mode. Let me know if I'm missing anybody, or have anybody listed that is already in the game. Please!

Created players, NHL20:

Year 1 Draft, 2020:
Goalie - Askarov
Dylan Holloway
Alexander Pashin
Rodion Amirov

Year 2, 2021:
Aatu Raty
Luke Hughes
Kasper Puutio, Swift Current
Martin Chromiak, Kingston
Joshua Roy, Saint Johns
Aito Iguchi
Jesper Wallstedt, G (Sweden)

Year 3, 2022:
Shane Wright - Kingston
Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg Ice
Brandt Clarke

--------

NHL players to be created:

Anaheim - Trevor Zegras
Arizona - Prosvetov, Ivan
Boston - Shen, Pavel
Calgary - Philp, Luke, Zagidulin, Artyom, Martin Pospisil
Colorado - Bowers, Shane, Alex Newhook
Chicago - Alex Vlasic, Chad Krys
Columbus - Vlad Gavrikov,
Dallas - Ryley Tufte
Edmonton - Ilya Konovalov
Florida - Spencer Knight, Grigori Denisenko,
Los Angeles - Alex Turcotte
Minnesota - Matthew Boldy, Karill Kaprisov,
Montreal - Cole Caufield, Jayden Struble, Alex Romonov, Cayden Primeau,
New Jersey - Nikita Gusev
New York Rangers - Adam Fox, Vitali Kratsov, Igor Shestyorkin, K'Andre Miller
New York Islanders - Olivier Wahlstrom, Ilya Sorokin
Philadelphia - Cameron York, Joel Farabee
Ottawa - Josh Norris, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Jonny Tychonick
Toronto - Ilya Mikhelev, Egor Korshkov, Joe Woll,
Vancouver - Vasily Podkolzin, Tyler Madden

Again, let me know. Thanks!
Bra
Have outlined a rough draft of who needs to be created for Franchise Mode. Let me know if I'm missing anybody, or have anybody listed that is already in the game. Please!

Created players, NHL20:

Year 1 Draft, 2020:
Goalie - Askarov
Dylan Holloway
Alexander Pashin
Rodion Amirov

Year 2, 2021:
Aatu Raty
Luke Hughes
Kasper Puutio, Swift Current
Martin Chromiak, Kingston
Joshua Roy, Saint Johns
Aito Iguchi
Jesper Wallstedt, G (Sweden)

Year 3, 2022:
Shane Wright - Kingston
Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg Ice
Brandt Clarke

--------

NHL players to be created:

Anaheim - Trevor Zegras
Arizona - Prosvetov, Ivan
Boston - Shen, Pavel
Calgary - Philp, Luke, Zagidulin, Artyom, Martin Pospisil
Colorado - Bowers, Shane, Alex Newhook
Chicago - Alex Vlasic, Chad Krys
Columbus - Vlad Gavrikov,
Dallas - Ryley Tufte
Edmonton - Ilya Konovalov
Florida - Spencer Knight, Grigori Denisenko,
Los Angeles - Alex Turcotte
Minnesota - Matthew Boldy, Karill Kaprisov,
Montreal - Cole Caufield, Jayden Struble, Alex Romonov, Cayden Primeau,
New Jersey - Nikita Gusev
New York Rangers - Adam Fox, Vitali Kratsov, Igor Shestyorkin, K'Andre Miller
New York Islanders - Olivier Wahlstrom, Ilya Sorokin
Philadelphia - Cameron York, Joel Farabee
Ottawa - Josh Norris, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Jonny Tychonick
Toronto - Ilya Mikhelev, Egor Korshkov, Joe Woll,
Vancouver - Vasily Podkolzin, Tyler Madden

Again, let me know. Thanks!

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Anyone else have the issue where all RFAs don’t want new contracts? Both CPU and user in GM mode....

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
So, I just realized Colorado's Defence Prospect Conor Timmins isn't in the game (at least that I've seen). So, I was wondering what other players are missing from '20, that should already be in the game?!

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I am absolutely struggling to come up with a lineup that works for my Blackhawks franchise.

I want to keep it mostly realistic, but no matter what coach I have, it seems the real life lineup is severely flawed for his systems.

So I'm forced to either drop Toews or Kane to the second line to reduce their ice time and production which causes morale problems. It seems that no matter what combo I try on any of my lines that I come anywhere close to the coveted "+5" boost. Doing so means at least one of my franchise cornerstones has either a statistical or morale attribute decline the following offseason, essentially prematurely accelerating their decline. (I will do practice sim throughs the I don't save in order to see how line combos impact my production and players).

I'm so frustrated and at a loss with this game that I already don't enjoy playing it.

I guess I'm looking for tips on how to break through the analysis paralysis I'm facing, and tips on how to actually enjoy this game again.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Are you able to change how many games are in a regular season, or does it have to be 82?

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
This game was such a waste of money. Most of the new features they added are not intuitive at all, and the interface for old features somehow feels more clunky. When I pressed the button sim to free agency, it blasted right past July 1st and toward the next season. By the time I realized, it was August and there weren't any quality FA's left. I tried to stop it but by the time I did, it was already August. The gameplay also feels more laboured. Even just in pro mode, the AI is so unbalanced. The CPU somehow intercepts everything and controls the puck so cleanly, while everything just bounces off of my players, when the CPU AI jumps in on a faceoff tie-up, my players just stand there, etc. I don't know how they managed to do it, but this is the least I've enjoyed a GM mode and NHL game in general to date.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
I am nearing the trade deadline of my first season with the Dallas Stars.

I have a owner goal of getting top 4 defensemen which i was looking into.

I was offered a trade from the New York Rangers that i took. They offered Kreider 2020 3rd and 2021 3rd for Caamano 2020 1st and 2021 2nd. I took this offer as Kreider has a higher trade value than my 2020 1st.

I want to move Kreider again for a defensemen as my owner goal states. The 3 dmen that i am looking at are listed below. All three teams want them gone.

Justin Faulk, 27yrs 4.835@1yr with a 4.950@4yr extension. Team does not want Kreider

Jared Spurgeon, 30yrs, 5.190@1yr with a 4.850@5yr extension, team wants Kreider

Jake Muzzin, 30yrs, 4.000@1yr no extension. Team wants Kreider

Who do I try and trade for?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
This game was such a waste of money. Most of the new features they added are not intuitive at all, and the interface for old features somehow feels more clunky. When I pressed the button sim to free agency, it blasted right past July 1st and toward the next season. By the time I realized, it was August and there weren't any quality FA's left. I tried to stop it but by the time I did, it was already August. The gameplay also feels more laboured. Even just in pro mode, the AI is so unbalanced. The CPU somehow intercepts everything and controls the puck so cleanly, while everything just bounces off of my players, when the CPU AI jumps in on a faceoff tie-up, my players just stand there, etc. I don't know how they managed to do it, but this is the least I've enjoyed a GM mode and NHL game in general to date.

I’m feeling the same way. This new coaches feature basically forces you to change your team. While coaches work well for certain core Players, they clash with other core players.

also, even when you achieve a +5 for one line, they can still have total shot production. So what’s the point in bending over backwards to match the system?

Seems like the coaching system only exists to limit your players’ production and does little to boost it.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
so im in like 2025 as edmonton

calgary just went to game 7 of the cup finals with a like 60 overall goalie and lost

gaudrea has 19 goals (ties record) and 40 points (only gretzky and lemieux ever did this and mario only managed it once)

closest thing ive seen to record breaking in a long time of franchise mode without majorly editing stuff in the game or playing games with the intention to break the sim

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
so im in like 2025 as edmonton

calgary just went to game 7 of the cup finals with a like 60 overall goalie and lost

gaudrea has 19 goals (ties record) and 40 points (only gretzky and lemieux ever did this and mario only managed it once)

closest thing ive seen to record breaking in a long time of franchise mode without majorly editing stuff in the game or playing games with the intention to break the sim

I drafted a Franchise PLY C and he had 41 points in 22 games in the playoffs when we lost in the finals in game 6. Brandon Saad had 17 points and won the Conn Smythe....

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The new roster update is a joke.

So many key prospects removed from the game.

It shouldn't be this f***ing hard for us to play franchise mode, EA.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Learned something new and dumb about the morale system. after losing in the finals, my players got gigantic ratings drops. 89 rated goalie drops to 84. Of course one year after I gave him an 8 year 10 mil deal. He played great too. And 91 rated Cole Perfetti drops to 86. What the f*** is that. He was our leading scorer in the playoffs and for the last 2 years. Half the team dropped but those were the biggest offenders (literally the 2 best players on the team)

retr0

May 7, 2018
Learned something new and dumb about the morale system. after losing in the finals, my players got gigantic ratings drops. 89 rated goalie drops to 84. Of course one year after I gave him an 8 year 10 mil deal. He played great too. And 91 rated Cole Perfetti drops to 86. What the **** is that. He was our leading scorer in the playoffs and for the last 2 years. Half the team dropped but those were the biggest offenders (literally the 2 best players on the team)

Never happened to me and if it did they usually bumped back up before the preseason.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Never happened to me and if it did they usually bumped back up before the preseason.

Weird. None of my guys went back up. Everyone who dropped had a good season and the only morale drop was for losing in the finals. Seems like the game gave me a big middle finger

retr0

May 7, 2018
Weird. None of my guys went back up. Everyone who dropped had a good season and the only morale drop was for losing in the finals. Seems like the game gave me a big middle finger

Things like that will make people lose all interest in said franchise mode save. Hopefully they will soar back up next season.

Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I am having a really hard time with the sim. I think I’ve had just a couple playoff caliber seasons in a ton of attempts, and that’s with incredibly stacked teams.

The sim just feels so random and not rewarding at all... it’s almost like the better my team gets on paper, the worse my team performs.

Has anyone figured out good ways to conquer the broken sim?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I am having a really hard time with the sim. I think I’ve had just a couple playoff caliber seasons in a ton of attempts, and that’s with incredibly stacked teams.

The sim just feels so random and not rewarding at all... it’s almost like the better my team gets on paper, the worse my team performs.

Has anyone figured out good ways to conquer the broken sim?

Look deeper into the stats. Ignore player types & put players who shoot a lot with players who dont shoot a lot, so that they arent all hogging the puck and can create offense.

Pay attention to takeaway/giveaway ratios.

+/- is a much for valuable stat in this game than it is in real life.

Reactions: mantha39

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Can you leverage cap space in 20, the way you could in 19?,

In 19, teams were always desperate to get rid of bad value contracts (Kesler, Ryan, Staal), and you could make sure clever deals & get draft picks back in return (similar to how Carolina got a 1st for acquiring Marleau).

I'm struggling to make similar trades in NHL 20.

Anyone else?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Learned something new and dumb about the morale system. after losing in the finals, my players got gigantic ratings drops. 89 rated goalie drops to 84. Of course one year after I gave him an 8 year 10 mil deal. He played great too. And 91 rated Cole Perfetti drops to 86. What the **** is that. He was our leading scorer in the playoffs and for the last 2 years. Half the team dropped but those were the biggest offenders (literally the 2 best players on the team)

This happened in the past too - you can track it in the player growth section.

Natural growth is good. Statistical growth is always temporary, though I've seen temporary last several seasons.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Good Job, EA Sports.... (Year 3 in Franchise).

73537307_10158926082764418_7001132095066079232_o.jpg

Reactions: SPV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->