Rumor: GM John Chayka kicking tires on Alexander Barabanov

txw

Feb 2, 2018
This happened a little while ago, but curious if anyone has heard or seen anything else to do with the possibility of Barbanov signing with Arizona.

From Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts:
"11. Most GMs who go overseas try to stay in Stealth Mode. Arizona GM John Chayka was photographed with Dan Milstein, who reps many Russian players. That is believed to be the third time Chayka’s visited winger Alexander Barabanov. The Coyotes are his most ardent pursuer."

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
We talked about it in a thread re: his agent and Chayka visiting. Won't happen until the summer if it happens at all.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If it was going to happen this season, it'd be in the next five weeks. I believe overseas signings after 1 Jan still have to hit the waiver wire. So we'll find out soon, either way.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I've always wanted us to ay Russian roulette with one of these KHLers. Maybe we get a Panarin, maybe we get a Shipachyov.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I've always wanted us to ay Russian roulette with one of these KHLers. Maybe we get a Panarin, maybe we get a Shipachyov.
I think that now that we have an owner who can stomach a bad contract or two we can actually play Russian roulette. Before Meurlo took over, we couldn’t afford to miss on a contract.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I have to say I don't really get the attraction here. Another diminutive player. He also isn't some kind of superstar. I would not expect him to make the top two lines so it seems like we would just be adding to a group we already have lots of. But Chayka must see something that stat papers and so on don't reveal. I am glad that he is out there looking for options to make the team better.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I have to say I don't really get the attraction here. Another diminutive player. He also isn't some kind of superstar. I would not expect him to make the top two lines so it seems like we would just be adding to a group we already have lots of. But Chayka must see something that stat papers and so on don't reveal. I am glad that he is out there looking for options to make the team better.
Cost certainty for the bottom 6 that isn't a kid. It's the new found wallet in the Cap world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad