GM Joe and Russians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Vishnevskiy wanted nhl time or he'd go home. Plus dallas drafts fairly conservatively.

aloonda*

so is it mostly post playing career thinking behind this? or mostly khl being held captive by people that can deal with the lure of more money from the other league?

aloonda*

thanks for the response
a little background for me to keep a look at

aloonda*

Which is a stupid reason to be terrified of Russians.

It isn't like it is this guy eh?

mvc2-omega-red.jpg

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Its not just GMJN who has a problem with Russians. The KHL has a big pull for these guys. Making millions and staying where you are comfortable is not a bad thing at all. We've also seen a recent rash of highly talented Russians who can't or won't adjust to the NHL game. Being leery of Russians right now seems like a perfectly reasonable position to me.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
He tried to make a bargain with Baba Yaga to get Brad Richards to resign. In exchange she wanted him to kill his prize goat and bring it to her. He killed the goat, but since her house had run away on its chicken feet, he was left with nothing but a dead goat, plus Ivan Vishnevsky got in Baba Yaga's mortar and pestle and flew away to the Russian 2nd division.

You could have asked this in the general stars talk thread, or also put the word Russian in the title, so that it makes sense.

The team couldn't afford to take draft risks with no owner and a bad farm system, now maybe the time is right to draft a player with more risk but higher reward potential.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
1. Does whatever device you're using allow you to capitalize?

2. Not every player or situation needs its own special thread. Some forums prefer each little issue to have its own special thread, this Stars board is not one of them. We have a handful of threads that are oft-read and which house questions like this.

3. Yeah, the mods can merge and delete stuff but the idea is that it's better to police ourselves than having someone else do it; it's also a lot of needless work for them.

4. If you think you've got a question or something to add to or spark a discussion you might try posting an actual post to start things off. Asking a question in the title (an impartial one btw missing the key word "Russians") and finishing the question in your OP is lazy and unimaginative. "blahblahblahblabh, discuss" is not worthy of its own thread. If you have a theory or something to point out then go for it.

5. Does your mobile device not have a capitalization option?

Last edited by a moderator:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's a legit question, but could've easily been asked in either the General Stars Talk thread or the Fire Nieuwendyk thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

aloonda*

It's a legit question, but could've easily been asked in either the General Stars Talk thread or the Fire Nieuwendyk thread.

that's fine
hey
a simple--hey aloonda buddy---can you put stuff like this in the such and such thread?----that's how we do stuff around here-----

ok

no big deal, I can ask my questions there, or talk about stuff there

there was never any sort of general rules---written or unwritten---that explained anything of the sort

other forums I am on---don't work that way

thanks latvian

MetalGodAOD*

Posting this again because it might have gotten missed:

Aloonda, there's nothing wrong with starting a new thread about a topic like this. People generally find it lazy when you just start a thread and tell other people to discuss however. You're not really contributing anything, just asking for other people to provide opinions for you. It's like begging people for a homework answer or something.

Also just because one person questions your post doesn't mean the entire forum/mods are against you. Gotta drop the persecution complex if you hope to be a regular contributor around here. You get reallllllllllllly defensive when someone disagrees with your opinion or says something you don't like.

As for the discussion at hand, I think its Les Jackson who doesn't really like them. Gotta be after the Ivan incident I'd imagine.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1. shift key---whatever
2. are you ok? you need to go to the trainer?
3. I had a question, I asked, sorry I am not the hockey geniac you are mr "oak"
4. I am quite a bit older than the whippersnapper you appear to be

your point with any of these things is?
it's a forum........discuss stuff
or don't respond

it isn't that difficult

Oh, I'd love to discuss stuff but not with you.

Why? Your posts are illegible. They basically frighten away any possible discussion because you type at the identical level to that of a Grade 3 student.

Sure, you asked a question. Congrats! You have a question. You are now thinking for yourself. Take the time to format the thread title so I know what I'm going to read about prior to entering the thread. None of this "a wild fan said it best" or "what is gm nieuwendyks problem with" run on sentences that give me no clue as to what you're talking about.

Most of your questions can be answered in the 2013 Draft, General Stars Hockey or other threads. There's no need to clutter the board with useless threads that are answered in about 2 or 3 posts when they can be discussed in others.

aloonda*

and once again
back to the topic at hand
for the umpteenth time I will redirect

will the russian factor impact certain teams more than others in the coming years? the khl being around--and some teams being more willing to deal with russian players or not?

well, obviously it will, but how do you foresee it affecting the stars?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The search button is on this forum for a reason.

MetalGodAOD*

and once again
back to the topic at hand
for the umpteenth time I will redirect

will the russian factor impact certain teams more than others in the coming years? the khl being around--and some teams being more willing to deal with russian players or not?

well, obviously it will, but how do you foresee it affecting the stars?

How do YOU forsee it affecting the Stars? Tell us what you think before giving us high school essay questions to answer for you.

aloonda*

Posting this again because it might have gotten missed:

Aloonda, there's nothing wrong with starting a new thread about a topic like this. People generally find it lazy when you just start a thread and tell other people to discuss however. You're not really contributing anything, just asking for other people to provide opinions for you. It's like begging people for a homework answer or something.

Also just because one person questions your post doesn't mean the entire forum/mods are against you. Gotta drop the persecution complex if you hope to be a regular contributor around here. You get reallllllllllllly defensive when someone disagrees with your opinion or says something you don't like.

As for the discussion at hand, I think its Les Jackson who doesn't really like them. Gotta be after the Ivan incident I'd imagine.

how did les get burned here metal?

MetalGodAOD*

how did les get burned here metal?

I'm speculating, but when one of your first round picks threatens to bolt if he doesn't get the play time he wants, it's natural to avoid Russians in the 1st round going forth.

aloonda*

How do YOU forsee it affecting the Stars? Tell us what you think before giving us high school essay questions to answer for you.

If it isn't managed right, then we will be missing out on a wealth of talent. If we stick our head in the sand and ignore it, then we will lose out. The problem is the high risk/high reward nature of the dealings. We need to make it worth those youngsters while to come over and learn within our system. In the meantime, when they don't pan out, others will keep spending and snatch them up and will find more diamonds in the rough.

Detroit perhaps?

aloonda*

I'm speculating, but when one of your first round picks threatens to bolt if he doesn't get the play time he wants, it's natural to avoid Russians in the 1st round going forth.

Just trying to make sure that was how I read what went down. Other folks can't use the same tactics though? When the admin shows weakness in their dealings, they will get taken advantage of in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad