GM Game 9 Interest Thread

OB5

May 2, 2015
@m0pe and I are open to running a new GM game so we're looking to gauge interest here.

We're thinking of doing one last GM game before the turnover of the draft/free agency makes this off-season moot.

If anyone has any ideas or twists they'd like to throw our way please share.

Some ideas/features for this potential game:

-NTCs/NMCs enforced
-Awards for Stanley Cup, best rebuild and most Consistent Contender among others.
-Wildcard In-Game situations EG: Player requests trade, player will only sign for these 3 teams etc.
-Trading away a player's rights

Post here if you are interested or have any alternatives.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
@m0pe and I are open to running a new GM game so we're looking to gauge interest here.

We're thinking of doing one last GM game before the turnover of the draft/free agency makes this off-season moot.

If anyone has any ideas or twists they'd like to throw our way please share.

Some ideas/features for this potential game:

-NTCs/NMCs enforced
-Awards for Stanley Cup, best rebuild and most Consistent Contender among others.
-Wildcard In-Game situations EG: Player requests trade, player will only sign for these 3 teams etc.
-Trading away a player's rights

Post here if you are interested or have any alternatives.

I like the idea of realism with the wild card.

I will say that CapFriendly has since changed from last season to next. So using their database for contracts and who has what picks is gone

OB5

May 2, 2015

I will say that CapFriendly has since changed from last season to next. So using their database for contracts and who has what picks is gone
Well that certainly complicates things.

OB5

May 2, 2015
We can do a mock draft, or take one of the 7 round mocks from the mock draft forum as a baseline and the start with free agency and work our way to the trade deadline.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

It’s still there, you just have to search for it a bit. Not hard to find. I’m on mobile or I’d post the link.

I’d be down to start in the 2020-2021 offseason with the 2020 Entry Draft, and play through for the 2021 season.

Reactions: OB5

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

It’s all still there for next season. We normally start with the draft anyway so this seasons cap hits aren’t as big of a deal. I’m in as well.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
I'm in. How about an EHM sim for the season after the drafting and FA? Is there going to be a Seattle expansion draft in this as well?

OB5

May 2, 2015
I'm in. How about an EHM sim for the season after the drafting and FA? Is there going to be a Seattle expansion draft in this as well?
Someone would have to run this but this could be cool

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
I co-ran a GM Game that used EHM. But, if we use it, we would have to use the rosters on the sim. The game we ran, we used real NHL rosters at that time. Making all the changes in the sim was a nightmare, too much unnecessary work.

Reactions: OB5

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I co-ran a GM Game that used EHM. But, if we use it, we would have to use the rosters on the sim. The game we ran, we used real NHL rosters at that time. Making all the changes in the sim was a nightmare, too much unnecessary work.
Excuse my ignorance, but doesn’t that defeat the point of the GM Game? Like the trading aspect in particular?

I might just be understanding what your saying wrong. I am not familiar with Sim games

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
Excuse my ignorance, but doesn’t that defeat the point of the GM Game? Like the trading aspect in particular?

I might just be understanding what your saying wrong. I am not familiar with Sim games
I actually like the different feel it gives over the voting we always do. There are database files that can be downloaded into the sim, with updated rosters. Hopefully, we can find one with rosters up to the 2020 playoffs or so. Then from there, when trades happen on these forums, the commish can make the trades in the sim for the teams. Kind of cool, to see point leaders during the season and stuff like that.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I actually like the different feel it gives over the voting we always do. There are database files that can be downloaded into the sim, with updated rosters. Hopefully, we can find one with rosters up to the 2020 playoffs or so. Then from there, when trades happen on these forums, the commish can make the trades in the sim for the teams. Kind of cool, to see point leaders during the season and stuff like that.
I love the idea of the sim and truly it was just me not understanding what your meant. Your original post was about the downloaded rosters and my brain didn’t put it together. I am really on board for this

OB5

May 2, 2015
I love the idea of the sim and truly it was just me not understanding what your meant. Your original post was about the downloaded rosters and my brain didn’t put it together. I am really on board for this
I’m still confused about this I’d it’s an EHM I definitely cannot be the one in charge

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
What he is saying is that we will have to use one of the downloadable rosters. It’s far to much work to try and overhaul every teams roster and farm system in the game

OB5

May 2, 2015
What he is saying is that we will have to use one of the downloadable rosters. It’s far to much work to try and overhaul every teams roster and farm system in the game
Alrighty, well if someone can do that then great but I can’t do that.

OB5

May 2, 2015
It doesn't look like we're going to get the buy in here so maybe we do something smaller or another draft type game?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It doesn't look like we're going to get the buy in here so maybe we do something smaller or another draft type game?
I wouldn't want to do a draft game. I could possibly be in for another type of game, but it would depend on what it is.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ok so how would I go about running a game on the board with this file?

You’d have to buy and download EHM and then go through the Steam community to update all of the rosters.

They usually drop a new roster update before the beginning of a new season, so we’re stuck with the mildly outdated one.

I have the capability of doing so, just dunno if I have the time and patience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad