GM Game 8 Discussion Thread

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Here’s the thing though. When you have teams that give up their entire future and you know they’ll be awful as soon as next season but are absolutely stacked the first season, it takes the fun out of it for everyone else.

Exactly. Guys having six 1st rounders is a bit insane.

I tried playing that game where we threw everything to the wind, and somehow people found my trades veto worthy.

Like, there is a line or there isn't. I didn't like that game, but I participated to keep it moving.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Again, that's just me. Enjoyment is good, but if you're gonna play a GM game, be a GM, not a trade monger.

I'm not really disagreeing with you even. Just saying that we've done so many games in a short time span that having 1 of the 5 of them being more on the unrealistic side wasn't too much of an issue for me. There were times in the others but nothing too major.

Here’s the thing though. When you have teams that give up their entire future and you know they’ll be awful as soon as next season but are absolutely stacked the first season, it takes the fun out of it for everyone else.

This is a valid point, but I guess that's where for me personally (and I know this won't apply to everyone) when I took the more realistic approach with my Leafs team, it just didn't really matter to me if I won so who cares what other teams are doing. I can see that perspective though, for sure.

Reactions: OB5

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I'm not really disagreeing with you even. Just saying that we've done so many games in a short time span that having 1 of the 5 of them being more on the unrealistic side wasn't too much of an issue for me. There were times in the others but nothing too major.

Respect! I just got thrown off when I made deals as CHI and went balls to the wall, and made trades in a draft year where I've had a ton of experience and know how deep it is, only to get shut down.

At the end of the day, it's all about balance - fun, real, and good guys. I think we have that.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
For what it's worth, I love when these games are a bit slower moving and more realistic. Obviously people can come on and play however they want but any game going forward that tries to limit some of the more "out there" moves, I'm all for.

My 2 cents :laugh:

Reactions: Dichow Stopper

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m down for either I like realistic, but going gung ho is also really fun. The one thing I thing I’m not huge on is trading 1st rounders after 2021. I can’t remember a team ever trading a 1st more than a year before the next draft

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I can try to help out if we do another one of these. Missed the last one but from quickly reading through here, Matthews and Crosby were traded?

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I can try to help out if we do another one of these. Missed the last one but from quickly reading through here, Matthews and Crosby were traded?
Matthews, Draisaitl were traded for each other. Seth Jones and Hesikanen were traded for each other. Werenski was moved. It was a pretty wild “offseason”

But to be fair, we have done 8 of these in a couple months time. Generally with all the same guys playing. So if once in a while one gets out of hand, I say f*** it and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad