GM Game 7 Discussion Thread

Expansion Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Voting thread is up: GM Game 7 Voting Thread

Reminder you can start sending votes at noon EST.

Lots of missing/incomplete rosters at this point. I'll go through them again in the morning but if they aren't updated by the time people start voting that is your problem not mine.

List of those missing either the roster as a whole or are missing players:
@Peter Griffin - Calgary
@TribalPhoenix - Los Angeles and Chicago
@OB5 - Vegas, Washington, and Florida
@Hasbro - Colorado
@Blinny - Dallas and Winnipeg
@forsbergavs32 - Nashville
@Llamamoto - St. Louis and Philadelphia
@5cotland - New York R
@AveryStar4Eva - Pittsburgh
@Carl182 - Detroit
@EvilDead - Ottawa

Remember that 2-3 scratched skaters are mandatory.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Voting thread is updated to the rosters page/rosters sent to me. Anyone missing theirs from this post on, it is completely on you to message me to get it updated as I'm not going through the rosters page again myself. Your votes will likely suffer until then.

Still Missing:
@TribalPhoenix - Los Angeles and Chicago
@Hasbro - Colorado
@forsbergavs32 - Nashville
@5cotland - New York R
@Carl182 - Detroit
@EvilDead - Ottawa

You can begin to send votes to @AveryStar4Eva now. How you evaluate missing/incomplete rosters is up to you.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Same here! Haven’t done a gm game in a while but they were a whole bunch of fun and I’ve always been wanting to get back into them

OB5

May 2, 2015
I would run a fantasy draft if there was interest (Enough for 10-20 teams in a super draft or 31/32 full draft) but i don’t think I can run one of these
We have beat fantasy drafts to death. I'm game but we need a twist.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Well I can set up a fantasy draft but here are the potential ideas, I'll run whichever has the most interest (tell me which you favour). These are in my order of preference:
  • Super team style (10-20 teams) <-- my preferred
  • "Scramble" style, every team is awarded ONE pick steal throughout the draft, but to use it you have to give the team you stole from, a player you selected one round earlier
  • GM game style, a fantasy draft but if you pick an RFA or UFA you have to negotiate contract with agent, thus for 2020-2021 season, if you can't come to terms you can risk drafting the player but you have until games over to sign or there is a signing period
  • Classic fantasy draft style (31 or 32 teams)
  • Future style, you're building for the next 3-5 years
Feel free to throw out other ideas, like I said if theres enough interest in anything I can run it (may need a bit of help for number 3

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Well I can set up a fantasy draft but here are the potential ideas, I'll run whichever has the most interest (tell me which you favour). These are in my order of preference:
  • Super team style (10-20 teams) <-- my preferred
  • "Scramble" style, every team is awarded ONE pick steal throughout the draft, but to use it you have to give the team you stole from, a player you selected one round earlier
  • GM game style, a fantasy draft but if you pick an RFA or UFA you have to negotiate contract with agent, thus for 2020-2021 season, if you can't come to terms you can risk drafting the player but you have until games over to sign or there is a signing period
  • Classic fantasy draft style (31 or 32 teams)
  • Future style, you're building for the next 3-5 years
Feel free to throw out other ideas, like I said if theres enough interest in anything I can run it (may need a bit of help for number 3

Both are good ideas, although I prefer the classic ones.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Both are good ideas, although I prefer the classic ones.
I just wanted to change it up cause we did so many classic and they're a lot of work to run, I got a new job so I have a bit less time. If it was a normal one I'm changing something, probably eligible players.

Reactions: Llamamoto

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If no one really says which they prefer I’ll just throw up a thread for a new game with a poll of a few options sometime today, decide on game by Thursday/Friday, start on the weekend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->