GM Game 6 Discussion Thread

ZanTheMan

Jun 6, 2013
:flames

Calgary lost half a dozen Ds to expansion and free agency, but managed to replenished their defence and goalie position

Tkachuk - Monahan - Lindholm
Gaudreau - Backlund - Bennett
Mangiapane - Jankowski - Dube
Lucic - Ryan - Pelletier

Hanifin - Andersson
Dillon - Shattenkirk
Gustafsson - Gudas
Gardiner - Kylington
Valimaki - Mermis

Rittich
Dell

Projected Cap Space: $360,834

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
As the game finishes up, what did everyone think of the changes? Does anyone have any ideas about how to improve it?

Also are people interested in squeezing in one more game before the league restarts?

OB5

May 2, 2015
As the game finishes up, what did everyone think of the changes? Does anyone have any ideas about how to improve it?

Also are people interested in squeezing in one more game before the league restarts?

I want to do another one for sure.

I think this one worked well, next one should be without expansion though. I also think we could do better with the UFA process...not that it was bad...I just think we can improve it.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I want to another one for sure.

I think this one worked well, next one should be without expansion though. I also think we could do better with the UFA process...not that it was bad...I just think we can improve it.
I did like the expansion element because one it helped make voting a lot easier and two it helped change it up from all of our normal games. I’m definitely open to cutting it though.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I’m not going to make the cap higher because it’s already set for next season. For the most part everyone had 23 man rosters. If I were to raise the cap it would be max of 83.
I'm kinda leaning towards starting one more 16 team fantasy draft or something, or some kind of change to require it to use players in the playoffs

I would likely play again tho, change up the team again

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester

I am absolutely up for another one. I like the idea of requiring a 22-23 man roster. It would’ve made my team a different approach. Big fan of these style games.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
@SJSharks39 if you want to do another, want to get that thread up while there's still interest from this one? I did quite like the expansion aspect, being Seattle was a ton of fun

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I would say. Keep the Seattle expansion, Keep the salary cap at 81.5 but make it have at least a 22 man roster. It would help keep UFA salaries down

Reactions: hockeynorth

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I would say. Keep the Seattle expansion, Keep the salary cap at 81.5 but make it have at least a 22 man roster. It would help keep UFA salaries down
I like the 22 man roster because I know at least for my teams, the second forward would never play (Letunov, Robinson, and Marchment)

Reactions: hockeynorth

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
no team is capable of playing the exact same twelve forwards every game of the season

maybe you were being hyperbolic when you said they would never play while expecting them to actually get in to 35-50 games

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
no team is capable of playing the exact same twelve forwards every game of the season

maybe you were being hyperbolic when you said they would never play while expecting them to actually get in to 35-50 games
I’d expect them to play around 30-40 games each and then add Grigorenko to that mix.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I’d expect them to play around 30-40 games each and then add Grigorenko to that mix.
poor Grigorenko

brought in by Jarmo as a middle six option so that Jenner would be able to play on his wing, and so that Texier/Bemstrom could be sheltered :(

btw grigs can play all three forward positions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad