GM Game #5 Sign-ups

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
With the fantasy drafts wrapping up, activity is high, now is the best time to start Game #5 sign-ups. Rules will be similar to game #4.

GM Game #5 Rules
  • Teams will be randomly assigned. Players will be allowed to trade their teams ONCE if they do not like their assigned teams. Three way trades will not be allowed for team trading.
  • We will begin in the 2020 offseason.
  • The first thing that will occur is the 2020 NHL Entry Draft. The order will be decided based on current 2019-2020 standings via points percentage. There will be no draft lottery. But teams who have conditional picks that include a choice between current or future drafts will get to choose for themselves. Example: Vancouver does not have to give up 2020 1st to New Jersy, they can give up 2021 instead.
  • After this, free agency will occur. All teams will have a chance to sign UFA's before the draft starts. All RFAs are automatically qualified. Offersheets will be allowed. Teams may sign RFA's before Free Agency.
  • After a brief UFA period, trading will open and the 2020-2021 season will commence. Trading will continue for roughly 5-7 days. A precise timeline will be decided upon in game.
  • All players you sign in UFA are UNTRADABLE for the remaining duration of the game, including those signed before Free Agency.
  • The salary cap will be 85M. The cap floor with be 65M.
  • There will not be any NTCs in this game. Feel free to go wild. But if someone feels a trade should be blocked, the game commissioners will determine if the GM's need to redo their trade.
  • DO NOT SEND IN ANY TRADES. PLEASE.
  • All trades are subject to commissioner approval and can be vetoed if the value is believed to be too far off by a unanimous vote.
  • Voting will occur immediately after the trade deadline. You will rank the teams in each division and send us your rankings. From there, we will determine the final standings and playoff match-ups which will be voted on afterward.
  • Voting will also occur for rebuilders. The worst team will get a bye, and every other team will go through a first-round bracket.
  • There will NOT be a 2021 NHL Entry Draft. This does not mean that 2021 picks are not valuable, as the amount of 2021 picks a team has SHOULD BE CONSIDERED when voting for the best rebuilder.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to PM the commissioners.
  • PLEASE READ THE RULES IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

Last edited:

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I would love a team but don’t have the time to commit properly to a commissioners role.

I am excited for the game though.

Last edited:
Reactions: EP to Kuzmenko

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Sounds like a fun game, but I'll probably be more focused on Joey Moss's category fantasy draft and a potential mock entry draft, so I'll sit this one out.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Sounds like a fun game, but I'll probably be more focused on Joey Moss's category fantasy draft and a potential mock entry draft, so I'll sit this one out.
Joey doing another Fantasy Draft after? Mock Entry drafts you can usually half ass and do a fine job. You just need your initial list of players and then choose BPA when it is your turn.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Does this take place over the entire year..?

Are free agents a case where highest bid wins?

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Does this take place over the entire year..?

Are free agents a case where highest bid wins?
We will "Sim" next season via voting. So the game will hopefully only last a week and a half or so.
Free agents will go to whoever the agent deems wins. Some may go to the highest bidder, others may take less money for a chance at the cup.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Can we request teams?
I am thinking to have people give a 3 team list so they can at least get a team they would want to be.
If anyone wants to be a commissioner let me know and we can discuss how we want to do team randomization.

Reactions: Blinny

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'll do this though I don't fully understand it (yet, I'll read through the other ones)

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I'll do this though I don't fully understand it (yet, I'll read through the other ones)
Basically you GM a team exactly as it is today. Then you choose if you want to rebuild or compete and try to trade with other GMs accordingly. Everyone votes at the end and those that make playoffs go in to brackets to win the competitor cup and the rest go in to brackets to win the rebuilder cup.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad