GM Game #4 by RR & IR4

Status
Not open for further replies.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
yeah i had to wait a couple games to finally get in, but if you check out the other gm games like the hockeyrulez one going on those trades are all absolutely horrible. you have complete rip offs, and star players being traded like 4 times. it's understandable why he only lets in a few new people at a time.

I had to sit out some as well but I've now been in 4 of 5... And HockeyRulez game is fun because it's more of a fantasy game while this is more realistic... But the funny thing is there still is/was teams available when he went on his rant :)

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
i'm just saying it makes sense, like not to be an ass but most of the people in those other gm games clearly don't watch hockey because the trades they make are just ridiculous and having guys like that just ruins the game for everyone so why would he take a chance and let in like 8 new gms at a time when he can fill it with people he knows are good. anyways i'm just trying to calm the situation lol, just my two cents.

Steve Varmalov

And Then....
Dec 11, 2007
Boulder
I had to sit out some as well but I've now been in 4 of 5... And HockeyRulez game is fun because it's more of a fantasy game while this is more realistic... But the funny thing is there still is/was teams available when he went on his rant :)

Agreed. This will be more realistic which makes it more fun BUT HockeyRulez game is kind of fun to see so many team blow up their own team!

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
Agreed. This will be more realistic which makes it more fun BUT HockeyRulez game is kind of fun to see so many team blow up their own team!

Agreed. Those trades would never happen in here. Also, I've been in 2(?) of IR's GM games, but not this one, I think. No biggie Nevermind, forgot to check the sign up thread

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
That is a case of letting anyone in, not a case of letting new people in.

You seem to be active and dedicated to the games. Noticed you in the other one and your here again so that is good (maybe not the whinning ;) )

But you have to understand what IR already mentioned. It's not easy to run these games and it can get out of hand and we (the core guys) don't want that.

Keep a eye on the game, maybe post constructive remarks of the game, maybe even be a agent (if IR wants to), we always seem to need some (UFA after the playoffs mostly). That will help you show you are active and a good sport about the game and will make you a shoe in for game 6. From there, it doesn't take much to become a core guy.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I'm not an *******. If I feel a person deserves a chance, they'll get it. Just have to be patient.

Game 5 will be starting up tomorrow.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We only need one crazy GM a game, preferably none. No offense if you want to play the game that way it's totally up to you... it's pretty clear that it is unavoidable.It's not exactly going to lend well to the workings of the game if 5/6 guys join that no one has a handle on how they play and all of a sudden there are 6 teams trading away every piece on their roster for no reason.

That being said there are about 5/6 new guys in this one, so prove me wrong.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
We only need one crazy GM a game, preferably none. No offense if you want to play the game that way it's totally up to you... it's pretty clear that it is unavoidable.It's not exactly going to lend well to the workings of the game if 5/6 guys join that no one has a handle on how they play and all of a sudden there are 6 teams trading away every piece on their roster for no reason.

That being said there are about 5/6 new guys in this one, so prove me wrong.

There's only 2 that haven't played in any of my games before. That's pretty much my limit.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Crosby Malkin Staal Letang and Fleury all available from Pittsburgh!! Looking for any player with with good knees/heads/necks!! Send in your offers!

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I just want all the new guys to use proper English. Capitalize your sentences, type like you actually went/are in school, and spell words right.

Hell, I'm from the south and I know how to type.
I realize somebody will probably find an error in what I just typed.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I just want all the new guys to use proper English. Capitalize your sentences; type like you actually went/are in school; and spell words right.

Hell, I'm from the South and I know how to type.

Swap some commas with semi-colons, and capitalize S in South. I think you did alright for a Southerner. :laugh:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Well then why hold sign ups? Why not just message everyone who keeps playing over and over again? It doesn't make sense, especially for people like me who have been trying to get in since Game 3.

Why not be smart about it, and have people message you what their intentions for the teams would be, so that it actually matters who you pick, instead of just carelessly picking the same people and holding a sign up thread without advertising you're just going to generalize all the people who haven't been in it, REGARDLESS of whether they've tried to, or have experience elsewhere.

Im not "new" i just haven't gotten the chance to play on HFBoards. Everybody is new to something at some point.

Since apparently IR missed it and everybody is misinterpreting my message...

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Since apparently IR missed it and everybody is misinterpreting my message...

As seen on this boards... creating and managing these games isn't easy, there are tons that are full of inactive GMs, bickering and general craziness. It sure isn't anyone's duty to host them either (particularly IR4/RR who seem to be the constants this year) They do a top-notch job of keeping things in line, enjoyable, and doing so has created a nice community of posters in this section of HFboards.

They're not about to change the way they do things because it has worked for years. It's no one's goal to leave new people out. A ton of us have been around for a long time and it's fun interacting with one another. These games are time consuming enough as is when running them, having to keep an eye on the game and posts within gets a whole lot harder when there are a ton of unknown posters. People wait, and get in when there is an opening. Also, no one wants to sift through 30 PMs of people's plans, it's a game, not a job.

These games are not some part of HF that is run by the site, just some posters who enjoy doing it.

Last edited:

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
As seen on this boards... creating and managing these games isn't easy, there are tons that are full of inactive GMs, bickering and general craziness. It sure isn't anyone's duty to host them either (particularly IR4/RR who seem to be the constants this year) They do a top-notch job of keeping things in line, enjoyable, and doing so has created a nice community of posters in this section of HFboards.

They're not about to change the way they do things because it has worked for years. It's no one's goal to leave new people out. A ton of us have been around for a long time and it's fun interacting with one another. These games are time consuming enough as is when running them, having to keep an eye on the game and posts within gets a whole lot harder when there are a ton of unknown posters. People wait, and get in when there is an opening, if not...it's just a game. Also, no one wants to sift through 30 PMs of people's plans, it's a game, not a job.

These games are not some part of HF that is run by the site, just some posters who enjoy doing it.

:clap: Very well said TL.

I imagine this is what IR looks like right now...:pullhair:

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
BC all you need to do is wait your time. No new guy makes it in the first try barring extreme luck and some one endorsing you. Once you get your turn just dont be that guy who makes the craziest offers to everyone, that wont keep you owning teams for long.

And NEVER trade all your prospects, thats IRs job.

Dong-If you sign Stoll for 5 mil a year for LA again youre donezo;).

Edit-Dong youre playing Moreau? I cried when I saw that and Voynov not on roster

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I just want all the new guys to use proper English. Capitalize your sentences, type like you actually went/are in school, and spell words right.

Hell, I'm from the south and I know how to type.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->