GM Game #3 (hosted by LT, OB5, JG, & m0pe) - Discussion

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
I was thinking about a game that starts few years earlier. We can play it longer time for several seasons until 2020. But would need at least 15 active GMs (two teams each). It is comitment for GMs but if we find core players I think we can do it.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Always down for game but we have a limited number of committed people which would make it rough unless we do a smaller game with less people.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I think it is a good idea to have everyone give 4 teams, known active players get priority. Nobody knows their team until we have all 31 teams filled. That way trades don't happen before the game starts and everyone is on a level playing field.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Yeah I would say the best way to do it is give the people that are active 3-4 teams. It’s a lot to manage, but I think we could have ten members be decently active.

One method I’d be down for is a 2020/21 season. Start us off at the draft, go through UFA, the deadline, playoffs, and end it with the expansion draft?

OB5

May 2, 2015
That’s cool but that’s like a quarter of the league that can’t trade with itself

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Yeah I would say the best way to do it is give the people that are active 3-4 teams. It’s a lot to manage, but I think we could have ten members be decently active.

One method I’d be down for is a 2020/21 season. Start us off at the draft, go through UFA, the deadline, playoffs, and end it with the expansion draft?
I'm fine with that. I'd honestly be cool with randomly being assigned teams.

I like both these ideas.

I like the idea of starting in offseason as maybe for once it would give us a good free agency.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I like both these ideas.

I like the idea of starting in offseason as maybe for once it would give us a good free agency.

I’m down for this too. We can start with a draft using current standings (by points percentage) in reverse order. Then FA, and begin with the 2020-2021 season.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So keep teams a secret until all are taken, and start in the offseason?

Not even a secret, just randomize them. 7 GMs get 4 teams and 1 GM gets 3. I'd even be down for an expansion after the season.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
This sounds awesome should be a good switch up can’t wait to get started. If I can help in anyway let me know

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Yeah I was going to suggest expansion team for whoever gets only 3 teams to start. Good idea.

Was going to suggest randomizing by division so everyone has 1 team from each division.

Problem now is I think we already have MORE than 8 people so might have to limit it more :laugh:

Reactions: Llamamoto49

OB5

May 2, 2015
Yeah I was going to suggest expansion team for whoever gets only 3 teams to start. Good idea.

Was going to suggest randomizing by division so everyone has 1 team from each division.

Problem now is I think we already have MORE than 8 people so might have to limit it more :laugh:
The more the better

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
The more the better

yep as long as the people signing up are committed, the more the better.

personally i would be willing to take less teams (1-2) to focus more on helping run it (would be hard to offer to be FA Agent and other things with 4 teams needing to focus on)

Reactions: Llamamoto49 and OB5

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Not even a secret, just randomize them. 7 GMs get 4 teams and 1 GM gets 3. I'd even be down for an expansion after the season.
I'd rather be the one who gets 3, doing two teams can be a bit difficult. I also think we should utilize Discord if we plan on doing this much each player. HF I find is much harder to keep track of multiple team conversations sometimes.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

How many people do we know will be active? To me it would ideally be 10-15 people who we know will be active.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad