GM Game #3 by T_Cage, RR, and IR4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Just wondering, if a player has a modified NTC and he was traded, if he gets traded again is the NTC still in place?

Nope. Once a player with a NTC or NMC is traded, the new team can either let the player keep their NTC/NMC, or they can say tough luck.

For example, Keith Ballard had a NTC when he was traded to Vancouver. Now Ballard doesn't have a NTC anymore.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Nope. Once a player with a NTC or NMC is traded, the new team can either let the player keep their NTC/NMC, or they can say tough luck.

For example, Keith Ballard had a NTC when he was traded to Vancouver. Now Ballard doesn't have a NTC anymore.

That's good and all, but the NTC remains in these games.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Yep, because I can do whatever I feel is best for the game.
Also - a player could potentially refuse to be traded if his NTC wasn't going to be extended by the new club. Otherwise teams could just use three-way deals to run circles around NTCs. So you'd have to go back and review all the previous trades for NTC-owning players.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
I hope this doesn't come across too mean, but....
If you were patient and stopped repeatedly asking you would have been fine and you could have probably gotten one of the teams you wanted...and by the way, this does not show that you'll be active, it just shows that you'll be annoying...what if someone doesn't answer a trade proposal ten minutes after you send it, are you gonna keep re-sending the same thing?

reminds me when Swedish Meatball was here :laugh:

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Just wondering how long do these kind of games go on for?

Typically they end a few days after FA starts. Once most teams are done signing and the activity wanes.

Normally we'd probably start GM 4 about now, but it sounds like wemight be breaking for the holidays

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Alright crew I need your opinion.

Need a fill in D for my pool (1 year) but it costs 5 bucks for a waiver wire so it can't be too short-term (Letang on IR)

Kaberle
Wiz
Carle
Kulikov
Wideman
Niskanen
McDonagh

Thoughts?

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Alright crew I need your opinion.

Need a fill in D for my pool (1 year) but it costs 5 bucks for a waiver wire so it can't be too short-term (Letang on IR)

Kaberle
Wiz
Carle
Kulikov
Wideman
Niskanen
McDonagh

Thoughts?

straight points league? No cap? Id probably lean toward Kulikov, but depends on if +/-, hits and all those other fun categories count

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Definitely Kulikov or Wideman.

Carle... Pronger leech; No Giroux for Flyers for however long (symptoms got worse apparently?) so I'd be hesitant.

I'd give you swagger points for McDonagh though. :naughty:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Guy dropped Goligoski...taking a chance onhim.

He's only been back 3 games from a broken hand, but Dallas' PP is already much better. I don't think he's picked up a point yet, but it will come. He's playing a ton, and his partner right now is Philip Larsen (another great skating offensive savvy D). The pair had a rough night as far as stats go Goli's first game back and the first time they played together. I think Goli had a -3, but I actually thought they worked well together. You can attribute that mess of a game against the Sharks to Rayrcroft more than the team in front of him. His recent play and Bachman coming on strong hopefully is a recipe for Razor making his Texas Stars debut soon ... hopefully really soon.

Larsen and Goli also looked extremely good against the Kings and Rangers. If they stick together, I think they'll start picking up points. Goli is probably an excellent pickup IMO. I think he'll probably return to a point every other game pace very soon, and he should have ample opportunity on the PP. I also think he'll earn you plus or even performances much more often than minuses. He's not going to get you too many PIM though.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He's only been back 3 games from a broken hand, but Dallas' PP is already much better. I don't think he's picked up a point yet, but it will come. He's playing a ton, and his partner right now is Philip Larsen (another great skating offensive savvy D). The pair had a rough night as far as stats go Goli's first game back and the first time they played together. I think Goli had a -3, but I actually thought they worked well together. You can attribute that mess of a game against the Sharks to Rayrcroft more than the team in front of him. His recent play and Bachman coming on strong hopefully is a recipe for Razor making his Texas Stars debut soon ... hopefully really soon.

Larsen and Goli also looked extremely good against the Kings and Rangers. If they stick together, I think they'll start picking up points. Goli is probably an excellent pickup IMO. I think he'll probably return to a point every other game pace very soon, and he should have ample opportunity on the PP. I also think he'll earn you plus or even performances much more often than minuses. He's not going to get you too many PIM though.

Raycrofts been that bad hey? Haven't been paying much attention to Dallas tending since Kari went down. He was fairly serviceable in Vancouver.

PIMs are OK with Clowe/Briere/Bieksa. I figured Goli was worth a shot, Letang will be off IR then I can make up my mind what to do next, probably drop a PIM guy like Bieksa for Kulikov.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->