GM Game #2 by TP, RR, and IR4

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I most likely would walk out the door of the fanbase if the Isles ever made that trade. Love the Okposo "padded his stats". Maybe he just found his game? No, doesn't count. Nino was brutal last year but you can't just give up on a 20 year old top 5 pick like it's no big deal. CDH is as big a question mark as any and getting Vatanen back is a good tradeoff there. But then you trade Strome, the top player in the OHL. So what if Nelson can be the number 2 center? Put Strome at wing! And then giving up the first which was Seth Jones in the last game...dear God. I hope you re-sign Perry.

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
That borders last game's craziness. Strome+Nino+Okposo+De Haan and a 1st?

It isn't like he is going to take the newly gutted Isles to the cup, he will follow the money to a new team in the summer.

de Haan = Out for the season (Shoulder injury)
Nino = Stunted development
Okposo = 40-60 PT forward

Perry isn't the only piece of the deal, Vatanen has a huge ceiling, and is already doing very well.

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
I most likely would walk out the door of the fanbase if the Isles ever made that trade. Love the Okposo "padded his stats". Maybe he just found his game? No, doesn't count. Nino was brutal last year but you can't just give up on a 20 year old top 5 pick like it's no big deal. CDH is as big a question mark as any and getting Vatanen back is a good tradeoff there. But then you trade Strome, the top player in the OHL. So what if Nelson can be the number 2 center? Put Strome at wing! And then giving up the first which was Seth Jones in the last game...dear God. I hope you re-sign Perry.

Had I wanted to continue rebuilding, I obviously would have kept Strome. But, I prefer to roll the dice.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

The Isles are a lot better with Perry and should be able to be in the mix for a playoffs spot this season.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I thought you win the Stanley Cup with players, not prospects.

Hard to win a Cup with a player that won't even be there. Perry won't be enough to win you the Cup in this game and I find it absolutely doubtful that he'd be sold enough to re-sign longterm.

Call me hypocritical, but the big prospect trades I've made in these games got me into Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Finals. And they were not for UFAs.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Not sure if I really under-valued Del Zotto or like Stastny more than most but that deal seems weird to me. Admittedly, I see the Avs a lot more than the Rangers...

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
GM games are serious business.

Next game I might be the Isles and trade away the future for a crappy player just to make IR rage.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I'm done with that. I'm not vetoing the trade or anything.

Because of the good market for rebuilding teams right now, I'll be commencing a rebuild with the Red Wings. It's a totally different atmosphere with Lidstrom gone. Datsyuk only has a couple years left on his contract and he and Zetterberg are not getting younger.

Most of the team will be available, but I'd like to keep Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Nyquist, Helm, Abdelkader, and my prospects. Will listen to Franzen, Filppula, etc but mostly looking to hear inquiries for the two big centers.

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
So far one person likes the deal for me, and another for the Rangers... that's a good sign of a fair deal in my opinion.

But yeah, that Isles trade is brutal. I don't even give up Strome alone for 2 months of Perry. I just don't see him signing there.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
These games would be mighty boring if we didnt comment on trades.

It just so happens most think poorly of this one. I see a pending UFA joining a brink playoff team that just gave up many of the pieces that would grow to make it a contender.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:avs

The Colorado Avalanche have acquired defenceman Michael Del Zotto from the New York Rangers for center Paul Stastny. We believe this is a really good hockey deal for both teams, and are excited to have a d-man of MDZ's calibre join our team.

That said, all d-men on on our squad are available with the exception of MDZ and Erik Johnson. Chuck Kobasew is also on the block. Our biggest needs are a right handed defenceman and a 3rd line center.

I think it's a pretty even trade.
If I was Colorado, I would have tried to get a bit more for Stastny, but his very high cap hit lowers his value.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not sure if I really under-valued Del Zotto or like Stastny more than most but that deal seems weird to me. Admittedly, I see the Avs a lot more than the Rangers...
I'm not sure if Del Zotto is what the Avs exactly need, I think Staal would have been a far better fit, but its still a decent deal. They Avs get a very good top 4 D.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:cbj

We're packing it in for the night - I will be driving one of the cars tomorrow for the Argos Grey Cup victory parade so am up early!

Johnson, Tyutin, Umberger all going to be dealt tomorrow. Sleeping on solid offers.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
:sabres

Looking to trade some of Regher, Leopold, Gerbe, Kaleta, Sekera, plus prospects like Grigorenko, Tropp, Armia, McNabb, Brennan, Leduc, and Girgensons for a very good 2nd line LW. Pm me if interested.

Oh, and last call for Ville Leino!! Pm me before he gets trad....I mean, goes on waivers. A 6th or the worst prospect you have will get him. Adam Pardy also available for scraps.

Last edited:

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:leafs FIRE SALE

That's right...it's time we kicked out Burke and did this rebuild right!!

The only guys NOT on the block are: Kessel, Gardiner, Reilly, JVR (and even them i might consider it if involves a STAR coming back...anyone offering a UFA + a 3rd will be ignored and/or mocked)

Everyone else is in play, especially our UFAs that are a little older. Lots of good rentals and veteran NHLers for a playoff team or a team looking to part with their youth (IR, i'm looking in your direction) for some veteran talent

NEEDS:
#1 Centre
#1 Goalie
Scoring on the wing
Young NHL talent
Picks (especially high ones)
Prospects (especially higher-end ones)

Send a PM! Will be taking offers, but guys could start moving out of town very soon (UPDATE: Already getting good action on Lombardi, Kadri, C-Mac, Lupul....)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
:sabres Miller could also be had, but I would need an elite winger in return, possibly+

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Hemsky, Whitney, Paajarvi, Gagner, along with most prospects and all picks besides this year's 1st are available. I'm looking for a top-6 C first and foremost.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
:bruins

Receiving a lot of interest on David Krejci. If he is moved we will require a top-6 RW or a top-3 defender coming back.

We will also look to move former Vezina, and Conn Smythe winner, Tim Thomas. I'm not entirely sure of how he is considered in this game, but he is more then capable, and would solidify a lot of teams goaltending. We would consider a good prospect in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad