GM Game #2 by TP, RR, and IR4

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
:devils

The Devils ae looking to rebuild. Everyone except Herique and Larsson are available.

Actively looking to move:

Zajac
Clarkson
Elias
Volchenkov
Salvador
Greene
Tallinder
Brodeur

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:ducks2 GETZLAF HEADING TO BUFFALO

The Anaheim Ducks have traded forward Ryan Getzlaf to the Buffalo Sabres for forward Cody Hodgson, defenseman Mark Pysyk and Buffalo 2013 first round pick.

Comments to come later.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
:wild

Actively looking to add an impact player on our roster. Willing to move our 2013 1st Round pick, Matt Dumba, and a core piece like Setoguchi/Clutterbuck to get attempt to get it done. Certainly willing to add more depending on the quality (and length of contract) of the player coming back my way.

If something like that interests you, please send an offer my way if I haven't contacted you already.

Price for Setoguchi or Clutterbuck individually, for those asking, is right around a quality young defenseman not yet in the NHL.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
:ducks2 GETZLAF HEADING TO BUFFALO

The Anaheim Ducks have traded forward Ryan Getzlaf to the Buffalo Sabres for forward Cody Hodgson, defenseman Mark Pysyk and Buffalo 2013 first round pick.

Comments to come later.
:sabres confirm. It was a high price to pay, and we know we overpaid, but we are delighted to add a player like Getzlaf, while only losing Hodgson from our roster. It was tough to lose our 1st and Pysyk, but it was worth it.

Looking to package players like Stafford, Regher, Leopold, and Gerbe, with prospects like Grigorenko, Armia, Girgensons, Brennan, Tropp, Leduc, McNabb, and Knapp for upgrades. Mainly looking for a partner for Myers, and a top 2nd line winger. Will listen to offers on Miller, but he is still an elite goalie, so be prepared to pay a lot. Not actively looking to move him. Offers only please. Leino also can be had for a 6th round pick if anyone wants him. Same goes for Adam Pardy.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:cbj

So far, lots of interest in some of my players, most notably:

-Jack Johnson
-Fedor Tyutin
-James Wisniewski
-Brandon Dubinsky
-Jared Boll
-RJ Umberger

I just accidentally deleted all my messages in my inbox, so inquire within - EVEN IF WE'VE ALREADY TALKED!

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:pens

Wow, going into this game I wasn't sure of the level to which people were familiar with/valued the Pens prospects, but I'm happy to see we are getting massive response to their availability. I'm a big fan of some of these guys and I know many of them have great NHL careers ahead.

As a team that does not wish to entirely sell the future for the present benefit, we will only be moving a select few of our prospects.

Available:
Derrick Pouliot
Joe Morrow
Simon Depres
Olli Maata
Scott Harrington
Brian Dumoulin
Beau Bennett
Pittsburgh 1st 2013
Eric Tangradi

Roster players being shopped:

Paul Martin
Tyler Kennedy
Chris Kunitz (unlikely he is moved)

We are looking to acquire a Top 6 winger to play with Sid the kid. We'd also like to add a 3rd line winger and a 2nd pairing blueliner.

PM if you got someone on the block that fits the mould, I'm in the midst of writing a lab so I should be in and out all night.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:sabres confirm. It was a high price to pay, and we know we overpaid, but we are delighted to add a player like Getzlaf, while only losing Hodgson from our roster. It was tough to lose our 1st and Pysyk, but it was worth it.

Getzlaf will be a great fit in Buffalo, but that is a risky price to pay for a pending UFA. The team will be gutted if he leaves in FA.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Getzlaf will be a great fit in Buffalo, but that is a risky price to pay for a pending UFA. The team will be gutted if he leaves in FA.

Here in Buffalo we are not to concerned about the future...since it does not exist ;)

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
:wild

Clutterbuck is involved in a potential deal for an impact player so his availability may be in question unless I get something I really valued while the deal is on stand-by.

Setoguchi is very much still available at this stage and will entertain offers for him.

Matt Cullen could also be had for a mid round draft pick. Very good PK player, 2nd unit PP QB, that's reliable in the dot and in the defensive zone. Limited NTC could be an issue for some teams, though.

Last edited:

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
:isles

Okposo unlikely to be moved now, as it looks like the deal has fallen through. So, if you asked me about Okposo before, feel free to ask again, and this time, you will probably get better results.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Hawks looking to add pieces to make a deep playoff run. Looking to deal mainly futures right now to add a 3rd line winger and a good 4th line center. All prospects and picks are in play

Guys on the roster who can be moved are

- Montador
- Hjalmarsson ( has recieved a lot of interest, want a top 6 F in return)
- Frolik

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:ducks2 BLOCKBUSTER DAY

The Anaheim Ducks have completed the biggest trade in recent years sending forwards Corey Perry, Andrew Cogliano, Chris Wagner and defenseman Sami Vatanen to the New York Islanders for forwards Kyle Okposo, Nino Niederreiter, Ryan Strome, defenseman Calvin De Haan and Islanders 2013 first round pick.

Press conference to come tomorrow.

Last edited:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island

The Anaheim Duchs have completed the biggest trade in recent years sending forwards Corey Perry, Andrew Cogliano, Chris Wagner and defenseman Sami Vatanen to the New York Islanders for forwards Kyle Okposo, Nino Niederreiter, Ryan Strome, defenseman Calvin De Haan and Islanders 2013 first round pick.

On Long Island we trade half of our future top 6 and half of our future top 4 for a couple months of a star winger.

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:avs

The Colorado Avalanche have acquired defenceman Michael Del Zotto from the New York Rangers for center Paul Stastny. We believe this is a really good hockey deal for both teams, and are excited to have a d-man of MDZ's calibre join our team.

That said, all d-men on on our squad are available with the exception of MDZ and Erik Johnson. Chuck Kobasew is also on the block. Our biggest needs are a right handed defenceman and a 3rd line center.

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York

The Anaheim Duchs have completed the biggest trade in recent years sending forwards Corey Perry, Andrew Cogliano, Chris Wagner and defenseman Sami Vatanen to the New York Islanders for forwards Kyle Okposo, Nino Niederreiter, Ryan Strome, defenseman Calvin De Haan and Islanders 2013 first round pick.

:isles confirm. We originally had a simpler deal, however the acquisition of Vatanen made this all the worth. In short; Kyle Okposo looked as if he was playing in a 15 year olds body last season, and had his stats padded by a late season burst. Niederreiter, looked to have his development stunted last season, and despite his current AHL numbers, did not impress as much as we would have hoped. Calvin as well, suffered another long term injury, an appears to have contracted a severe case of DiPietro. We felt confident in being able to deal away Strome, as due to the rapid development of Brock Nelson, who looks poised to become a #2C.
In return, we receive a top 5 RW in the game, as well as Sami Vatanen, a young Finnish puck moving defenseman who oozes potential. Perry, will obviously add a knockout punch to an already potent top line, and we hope to re-sign him long term.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That borders last game's craziness. Strome+Nino+Okposo+De Haan and a 1st?

It isn't like he is going to take the newly gutted Isles to the cup, he will follow the money to a new team in the summer.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:avs

The Colorado Avalanche have acquired defenceman Michael Del Zotto from the New York Rangers for center Paul Stastny. We believe this is a really good hockey deal for both teams, and are excited to have a d-man of MDZ's calibre join our team.

That said, all d-men on on our squad are available with the exception of MDZ and Erik Johnson. Chuck Kobasew is also on the block. Our biggest needs are a right handed defenceman and a 3rd line center.

Good deal for the Avs, but now the Rangers have a 6M$ second line centre?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad