[fieldset=MIN/PIT]

:wild

D - Brooks Orpik ($1M Retained by PIT)
D - Scott Harrington

:pens

F - Mike Rupp
F - Jason Zucker
[/fieldset]

The Minnesota Wild are happy to bring in a steady, hard-nosed, veteran defender like Brooks Orpik. He plays a strong defensive game, is an excellent shot blocker, and he knows what it takes to win. Our young group can learn a lot from a guy like him. We also are very happy to bring in an extremely solid young defender in Scott Harrington. With some contracts expiring at the end of the season, we fully expect Scott to compete for a full time job next year.

We thank Mike and Jason for their time in the organization. And wish them, and the Penguins franchise the best of luck in the future.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I can't believe that people have something better to do on a Friday night than discuss trades in a fantasy game.

Times change.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Ughhhhhhh

Instafail.

Noboby will ever debaucherize the Oilers again if I have my way.

That was a bold trade for EDM. It has the potential to be a big win for them if Tarasenko Schwartz and Allen turn out......but wow that's an awful gamble.

Sorry, I guess it's cause I've never been a big fan of Hall and that's probably why I don't value him as high as some of you but I still feel this deal wasn't bad for the Oilers. Yes, I understand Hall was a former 1st overall draftee and his ceiling is high but the package I got in return wasn't all that bad. Steen @ 2.7M is a great cap for someone who can play anywhere from the 1st-3rd line, Schwartz and Tarasenko are both very promising young players that will most likely be playing top-6 minutes in a year or 2 (both already playing in the top-9 for the Blues), and Allen is a young developing goalie that could quite possible take over the starting job for St Louis in a year or 2.

I'm actually pretty surprised by the reaction from the trade. I felt it help my team depth wise and allow me to have more options in trade, including some that are in progress/pending.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
[fieldset=MIN/PIT]

D - Brooks Orpik ($1M Retained by PIT)
D - Scott Harrington

:pens

F - Mike Rupp
F - Jason Zucker
[/fieldset]

The Minnesota Wild are happy to bring in a steady, hard-nosed, veteran defender like Brooks Orpik. He plays a strong defensive game, is an excellent shot blocker, and he knows what it takes to win. Our young group can learn a lot from a guy like him. We also are very happy to bring in an extremely solid young defender in Scott Harrington. With some contracts expiring at the end of the season, we fully expect Scott to compete for a full time job next year.

We thank Mike and Jason for their time in the organization. And wish them, and the Penguins franchise the best of luck in the future.
:pens confirm this deal. Brooks was the longest tenured Penguin in the organization and a steady D-man for the most part. We will surely miss his presence, but we feel a youth movement was needed. Zucker will be a mainstay with Sidney Crosby in the near future. His playing style fits perfectly with what Sid is used to and he provides a ton of hockey IQ so that he and Sid can feed off each other. We were also in major need of size and toughness on our 4th line and we have acquired that with Mike Rupp. Our full roster and cap situation will follow, but we expect this to be our playoff starting lineup:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Zucker-Sutter-Kobasew
Rupp-Jokinen-Adams/Vitale

Scuderi-Letang
Stuart/Murray-Martin
Maatta-Bortuzzo
Stuart/Murray

Price
Zatkoff

In the grand scheme of things, at this point in their careers, Mark Stuart is not too big of a dropoff from Orpik. Zucker is a vast improvement over Vitale in the lineup, and Rupp offers a huge size advantage on the 4th line that we were sorely missing. He is an upgrade over Dustin Jeffrey.

The biggest upgrade, however, is in net. We had decided to part ways with Marc-Andre Fleury and we are thrilled to bring in a goaltender who we feel can keep his composure with a team that is loaded in front of him. Carey Price will be a big-time asset for us.

Tomas Vokoun unfortunately will spend the season on LTIR.

888 98 twins

Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Sorry, I guess it's cause I've never been a big fan of Hall and that's probably why I don't value him as high as some of you but I still feel this deal wasn't bad for the Oilers. Yes, I understand Hall was a former 1st overall draftee and his ceiling is high but the package I got in return wasn't all that bad. Steen @ 2.7M is a great cap for someone who can play anywhere from the 1st-3rd line, Schwartz and Tarasenko are both very promising young players that will most likely be playing top-6 minutes in a year or 2 (both already playing in the top-9 for the Blues), and Allen is a young developing goalie that could quite possible take over the starting job for St Louis in a year or 2.

I'm actually pretty surprised by the reaction from the trade. I felt it help my team depth wise and allow me to have more options in trade, including some that are in progress/pending.
I actually didn't think it was a bad trade at all, to be honest. Even though it didn't really fill any needs for you, you still got a great package in return. I was just amazed at how big of a deal it was. Hell, for all we know, Tarasenko may have a career that isn't much worse than Hall's. Plus you got Steen, Allen, and Schwartz- all great assets.

It's gravy if you can re-sign Steen, but still Allen, Schwartz, Tarasenko and picks is nothing to scoff at.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Glass has passed waivers. We will assign him to the AHL and eat the $200k he'll still cost on our cap. May God have mercy on his soul.

Edit: Also, we waive Matt D'Agostini with the intention of sending him to the minors.

Just saw that SR, you can't send down two guys on a one-way contract.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

With a few deals nearing completion, we will have a surplus of defenders on our roster. As such, the following players are readily available:

- Marco Scandella ($1.025m)
- Jared Spurgeon ($2.667m)
- Clayton Stoner ($1.050m)
- Nate Prosser ($0.825m)

Stoner or Prosser can be had for picks or prospects. Scandella or Spurgeon I'd prefer to add a low-ish salary RW.

Still this.

In addition, we may look to move players like Kyle Brodziak or Torrey Mitchell for cheaper options. Dany Heatley is also on the block. He has one year remaining on his contract so he's not a substantial risk to take on. Goaltender Josh Harding has garnered some interest. We are not actively shopping him, but if we can find a deal that helps our franchise, we won't hesitate in making a trade. Looking to add some wingers to our line up and shed some cap.

Last edited:

888 98 twins

Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Just saw that SR, you can't send down two guys on a one-way contract.

Even if he's a fringe NHLer on a minimum contract? Thought wr mad provisions about that. Either way, if I have to I'll just send Zucker down til the playoffs. Or keep D'agostini on LTIR like he is now.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs UPDATE

Still listening to offers for Andrei Markov but we feel that we have a very competitive team right now. At the same time, he will likely not be re-signed next season so we don't like the idea to lose him for nothing. If we get an offer we like, he might move.

Nathan Beaulieu, Sebastian Collberg, MTL 2014 1st round pick, PIT 2014 1st round pick, other picks and most prospects are available for a young core player.

PM!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs UPDATE

Still listening to offers for Andrei Markov but we feel that we have a very competitive team right now. At the same time, he will likely not be re-signed next season so we don't like the idea to lose him for nothing. If we get an offer we like, he might move.

Nathan Beaulieu, Sebastian Collberg, MTL 2014 1st round pick, PIT 2014 1st round pick, other picks and most prospects are available for a young core player.

PM!

Now that we have plenty of cap space, we are willing to retain 50% of Markov's salary for teams tight against the cap. Of course, the offer needs to be REALLY good (think top prospect and 2014 1st).

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:wings

Samuelson and bertuzzi and eaves available for low pick/low prospect/pick upgrade

Need to make room for nyqvist (and get out of the bonus cushion..)

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
to :sabres
Luca Sbisa
Nick Bonino
Andrew O'Brien
ANA 2nd '14

to :ducks2
Christian Ehrhoff

Ducks confirm. Sbisa is a talented young defenceman that unfortunately has never takent he next step. With Lindholm and Vatanen being NHL ready we took the opportunity to move Sbisa+ out for a legitimate #2/#3 defenceman who will help anchor our 2nd pairing. We wish all three players luck in the Sabres organization, and welcome Christian to Anaheim.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Ducks confirm. Sbisa is a talented young defenceman that unfortunately has never takent he next step. With Lindholm and Vatanen being NHL ready we took the opportunity to move Sbisa+ out for a legitimate #2/#3 defenceman who will help anchor our 2nd pairing. We wish all three players luck in the Sabres organization, and welcome Christian to Anaheim.

Really like this trade for the Ducks and pretty good trade for the Sabres too considering that they are rebuilding and a lot of teams are so close to the cap.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Really like this trade for the Ducks and pretty good trade for the Sabres too considering that they are rebuilding and a lot of teams are so close to the cap.

Yeah its a win win. Buffalo wins value wise, but Anaheim upgraded a key position, because sometimes a quarter is actually more useful to you than 3 dimes

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Still looking for that 3rd line C and a bottom 6 rental.

Picks, Prospects (Jensen, Gaunce, Sauve, McNally, Subban), Schroeder, Booth, Alberts and more all available to get it done.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:coyotes

If you need veteran defensive help, Rusty Klesla is a left-handed D with a year left on his deal at $2.975M. Looking for a prospect or a pick.

And if anyone is interested in Yandle, I'll listen. A top-6 forward and 1st round pick are a must.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad