GM Game #1 by TP, RR, and IR

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:sens

The Ottawa Senators have traded Matt Kassian to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for the Ducks 2015 6th.

Confirm. Kassian will add toughness to the Ducks lineup, and even though he can't play a lick I think it's important to have a player like him on the roster, so in that sense it fills a need.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
:canes :pens
Canes Acquire Matt Niskanen for Pick, Prospect
012913_niskanen.jpg

The Carolina Hurricanes have acquired defenseman Matt Niskanen from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for prospect Sergey Tolchinsky and a 2nd round pick in 2014.

Sekera-Faulk
Gleason-Niskanen
Hainsey-Murphy
Komisarek

Canes waive Jay Harrison with intention of sending him to the minors. We're willing to take the $600k cap penalty for sending him to Charlotte.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
:canes :pens
Canes Acquire Matt Niskanen for Pick, Prospect
012913_niskanen.jpg

The Carolina Hurricanes have acquired defenseman Matt Niskanen from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for prospect Sergey Tolchinsky and a 2nd round pick in 2014.

Sekera-Faulk
Gleason-Niskanen
Hainsey-Murphy
Komisarek

Canes waive Jay Harrison with intention of sending him to the minors. We're willing to take the $600k cap penalty for sending him to Charlotte.
:pens confirm

Niskanen has been underrated since coming to Pittsburgh and we wish him the best. This frees up some cap space for us as well as a spot for one of our young D-men to step into the lineup.

888 98 twins

Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
:isles

Don't even know if I want to do anything.

Is anyone going to volunteer to be an agent?

I'll be the west RFA agent if we can figure out what the 14-15 cap will be before negotiations.

Also, are we pro-rating contracts or just full value for now?

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
In-season agent for the UFAs

I'll be that guy.

Insert random warning that most UFAs will test the market and that you need to be careful that when you acquire a player in this situation via trade, he will only re-sign if it is the perfect fit (read perfect situation and overpayment), so for 99,9% of the situations, they are rentals and nothing more.

People will whine anyway... enjoy!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs FIRESALE

David Desharnais : 2014 3rd round pick
Raphael Diaz : 2014 3rd round pick

PM!

Andrei Markov is also still available for futures but he won't go for cheap.

We are also willing to listen to offers for Carey Price. We are open for discussions but at this point, chances are that if he is moved, it will only be for a young starting goalie++.

PM!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
:cbj

Marian Gaborik is available. Looking for a good young player (can be close to the NHL) +. Mainly forwards if possible. Picks are acceptable as well.

Jack Johnson is available. Looking for a good young center + prospects/picks

James Wisniewski is available. Similar to Johnson but less.

Umberger is available. Looking for a younger player comparable.

Foligno is available. Same as Umberger.

Nikitin is available.

Bobrovsky could be available if I have a very good young goalie ++ coming back.

Willing to pay for younger players on longer contracts if they are available.

Willing to take on slightly overpaid players IF they fill bring intensity and a physical presence.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:nhl

Renaud Lavoie : Major news coming out of Montreal. I am hearing that franchise goaltender Carey Price may be on the move in a blockbuster trade. Details to follow.

888 98 twins

Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
:pens

We have completed two rather large trades that will change the scope of the team. With the way the playoffs have gone the past few years, we felt it was time for a change and to get younger. These two trades that will be announced once the LNTCs involved are officially waived, will give our young blueline a chance to be showcased, make us younger up front, and offer a solution to a problem that has plagued us recently in the playoffs.

More to come!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:nhl

Renaud Lavoie : Major news coming out of Montreal. I am hearing that franchise goaltender Carey Price may be on the move in a blockbuster trade. Details to follow.

Renaud Lavoie : WOW! Pending league approval, Price will join Crosby in Pittsburgh. The Habs are very high on Simon Despres and have inquired about him earlier this season. Piece of the puzzle?

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:avs

Paul Stastny still available; remember that we are willing to retain half of his salary. Duchene, Mackinnon, Landeskog and Johnson are the only untouchables. Our biggest need is help on defence, but we are open to young players/prospects.

888 98 twins

Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Pens agree on last of 4 trades

To PIT: Mark Stuart
To WPG: Dustin Jeffrey, Deryk Engelland, 2014 4th rounder

We're happy to add the depth of Mark Stuart to our blueline. Engelland and Jeffrey needed to be dealt in order to create roster space. When the two LNTC deals are announce, this trade will make a lot more sense.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:edmonton

ON THE BLOCK: Ales Hemsky, Ryan Smyth, Ben Eager, Prospects/Picks
Looking for upgrade down the middle, on the blue-line and in net.

I have multiple talks on-going/close to done right now so PM me soon if you're interested in someone.

EDIT: Boyd Gordon available too!

Last edited:

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
:wild

With a few deals nearing completion, we will have a surplus of defenders on our roster. As such, the following players are readily available:

- Marco Scandella ($1.025m)
- Jared Spurgeon ($2.667m)
- Clayton Stoner ($1.050m)
- Nate Prosser ($0.825m)

Stoner or Prosser can be had for picks or prospects. Scandella or Spurgeon I'd prefer to add a low-ish salary RW.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
To :blues

Taylor Hall

To :edmonton

Alex Steen @ 20%
Vladimir Tarasenko
Jaden Schwartz
Jake Allen
2014 2nd Rd Pick
2014 3rd Rd Pick

Ad