GM Chuck Fletcher (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
You realize that, even if Tripod wants wins with all his little heart, it doesn’t have ANY effect on the ice or our draft pick... right?

:laugh:

That's why it's fine to celebrate wins and player points during this awful season. * Breaking News* We really can't really change the outcome!! :eek:

Reactions: Ruck Over

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

That's why it's fine to celebrate wins and player points during this awful season. * Breaking News* We really can't really change the outcome!! :eek:
Yup. There's a bright side to either outcome.

Obviously we want the team to win and for the players to perform, but if they lose at least it gets us closer to possibly winning a prize.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

I agree with the on ice results, but I do think the fanbase unrest did have a part in getting Hextall fired, not so much Hakstol (he did that to the Flyers/himself).

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Just to be clear, I'd rather lose more to help increase the odds of getting top 2. I just won't complain after a win. Might as well be happy on occasion. Plenty more loses coming.

I'd rather get Podkolzin/Cozens and have a fully confident Hart vs Hughes and risk his development, if that makes sense.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
A combination of Bobby Orr and Larry Robinson if you ask Canes fans.

Who is teh Canes fan that also comes on here. Maybe he can give an "honest" opinion of him if he sees him every game.

I am just trying to pin down his value. On the main boards, you see Nylander mentioned. So if we could do Jake for him+....assuming we can sign a winger or 2 as replacements thru FA, then I explore that.

I just think plugging that spot next to Provy with a shutdown guy could really make an impact for us slotting everyone else into more favorable slots on D. And it would take some burden off of Provy too which helps him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Who is teh Canes fan that also comes on here. Maybe he can give an "honest" opinion of him if he sees him every game.

I am just trying to pin down his value. On the main boards, you see Nylander mentioned. So if we could do Jake for him+....assuming we can sign a winger or 2 as replacements thru FA, then I explore that.

I just think plugging that spot next to Provy with a shutdown guy could really make an impact for us slotting everyone else into more favorable slots on D. And it would take some burden off of Provy too which helps him.

I like your line of thinking.

Reactions: Tripod

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

@Surrounded By Ahos

Reactions: Tripod

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Like I said in the PGT, depending on how Hart finishes this year, we might want to focus on a reliable backup instead of a bridge starter.

Hart isn't at his ceiling, but he's already playing like a starter right now.

Reactions: baudib1 and Tripod

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Converting Voracek into a defensive defenseman sounds horrible. When do those trades ever work out? JVR for Schenn? Hall for Larsson?

I'd much rather just give Myers 40 games in the NHL this year and give Friedman and Morin an audition at No. 6 before making any trades for a D (unless we're getting a buy-low on Dougie Hamilton).

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Elliott has been just as good as Talbot the last 2 years. But you are 100%...we only need a 2 year guy now if Hart stays in the NHL the rest of the season and plays well.

I'm down with Elliott on a 1-year deal to play 30 games next year.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Bye bye to Elliott. We should learn from Neuvirth—never have a backup with injury problems.

We've already been through this. Everyone objects to every other goalie who will be available.

Elliott will probably be fine playing 1 game a week.

It's hard to imagine, but it is possible that without Hakstol, we could have a coach who won't run every goalie into the ground.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Bye bye to Elliott. We should learn from Neuvirth—never have a backup with injury problems.
I'm not a huge fan of Elliott anyway. He may be a decent regular season goalie but I don't want a backup that can't be trusted to play in the playoffs. I rather keep Neuvirth.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
We've already been through this. Everyone objects to every other goalie who will be available.

Elliott will probably be fine playing 1 game a week.

It's hard to imagine, but it is possible that without Hakstol, we could have a coach who won't run every goalie into the ground.
Too many indications that Elliott’s problem is chronic & too many other similar goalies available to take that risk.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Too many indications that Elliott’s problem is chronic & too many other similar goalies available to take that risk.
Yeah he was originally supposed to be out for 2 weeks....and here we are.

Lyon and Stolie likely lost any shot they had by injuries/poor play and they have now been passed by Hart.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Bring back Elliott, really? People need to remember that Carter Hart is 20 years old. AT THE VERY LEAST they need a reliable veteran goalie who can give them a good 30-40 games if needed. Two or three years ago maybe, but Elliott has been healthy as much as he has been hurt the last two years. You'd think people would have learned from Neuvirth.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah he was originally supposed to be out for 2 weeks....and here we are.

Lyon and Stolie likely lost any shot they had by injuries/poor play and they have now been passed by Hart.

Lyon is playing well at LHV, he'll probably get another shot to show he can backup Hart next year.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Like I said in the PGT, depending on how Hart finishes this year, we might want to focus on a reliable backup instead of a bridge starter.

Hart isn't at his ceiling, but he's already playing like a starter right now.

Hart's shown the same kind of poise and smarts in his (few) NHL starts as from his WHL days, which is a great thing. It certainly dials back the screaming immediate need for a starter. However, I wouldn't settle back to just looking for McBackup types since we all know that goalies are controlled by the dark-art domain of several Caribbean and African nations.

My personal ideal is that the Flyers would start next season with Hart and a very good 1B, a healthy Stolarz and Sandstrom in Lehigh Valley, and distant memories of Elliott and Neuvirth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad