GM Auction Game - Discussion Thread

OB5

May 2, 2015
Well that went from 0-87 very quicky.

X-Alex Barkov (15)-Patrick Kane (18)
X-Anthony Cirelli (8)-Blake Wheeler (10)
X-Tomas Hertl (10)-X
X-X-X

Zach Werenski (10)-X
Hampus Lindholm (8)-X
Oskar Klefbom (8)-X

X
X

13M for 11 spots!

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:nashville
Matthews Tkachuk (9.5M) - Auston Matthews (14M) - David Pastrnak (14.7M)
Krill Kaprisov (5.5M) - Steven Stamkos (12.5M) - Nikolaj Ehlers (6.5M)
x - x - x
x - x - x

Shea Theodore (9M) - Dougie Hamilton (9M)
Morgan Rielly (9M) - x
x - x

x
x

Total: 89.7M
Remaining: 10.3M

I made a math error

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
Even with 100M it's still pretty difficult, to try and ice the best team, when some players are obviously overpaid just to secure them. It will be cool to kind of see what the 2nd top bid of each player was just to see how much lower the winner could've went.

Pretty crazy to when some guys get no offers. For example, I was going to offer Couture, but said someone will probably go higher so I took my bid out. Though, I would've been closer to the cap as well.

Reactions: OB5 and hockeynorth

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Josi - Jones
Lindell - Klingberg

Best top 4 in this game

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Some people did not heed my advice and are now busting and it is delicious. :popcorn:

By the way, if you make an offer, and it is tied, I will ask each player to re-bid. If neither player ups their offer, I will flip a coin to see who gets stuck with them. You made the offer so prepare to deal with the consequences.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Some people did not heed my advice and are now busting and it is delicious. :popcorn:

By the way, if you make an offer, and it is tied, I will ask each player to re-bid. If neither player ups their offer, I will flip a coin to see who gets stuck with them. You made the offer so prepare to deal with the consequences.
Honestly with the way it was going I just bid on a bunch because I wasn't getting anyone. Turns out I won a ton of those bids.

Reactions: hockeynorth

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Honestly with the way it was going I just bid on a bunch because I wasn't getting anyone. Turns out I won a ton of those bids.

Yeah, up to each person to decide how to do it. No problem. Just half the people have no money now so should be interesting :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad