GM Auction Game - Discussion Thread

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Crazy to see all the money that gets spent.

Day 1 - $267M (22 players signed)
Day 2 - $287.6M (28 players signed)

:flyers almost at the cap ceiling.

:devils $0 spent. Hard to beat some others with close offers. Maybe we have to let loose on day 3.:popcorn:

Well the total cap is 1.6 billion. Only rich players get rich in our league.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Oof, I overestimated the market. I only expected to get maybe one of Rantanen, Giroux, Svechnikov, and Horvat. Not all of them.

Pros: My core is insane.
Cons: I have like 1.2 million on average for the rest of my team.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Oof, I overestimated the market. I only expected to get maybe one of Rantanen, Giroux, Svechnikov, and Horvat. Not all of them.

Pros: My core is insane.
Cons: I have like 1.2 million on average for the rest of my team.

Can always buy one out and carry half their salary in dead cap!

Yeah your top-6 and top pair is elite for sure...let's see if that is enough :popcorn:

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
A few reminders on the rules because feel I am having to stress these over and over a lot.

1) Biding is in $100,000 increments. If you don't send them in this amount, I will just round up.

2) Minimum bids are a players 2019-20 cap hit (or $1m if a player made less than that). If you send in an offer less than this it will not be valid even if nobody else bids on that player.

3) You should not be bidding more than you have. Remember this is a 10 day game so there is plenty of time and you don't need to get all your players in 1 day.

I am not going to check each persons' individual remaining cap to ensure you are safe so if you bid a bit more it will likely be fine, but be reasonable.

But if you are bidding 10m+ on 10+ players each day I am going to ask you to reduce your offers. Multiple people each day are almost busting in 1 day by bidding so much money on so many players.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
I can be the salary cap commish. Though if someone exceeds the $100M, do the :devils receive that player?:sarcasm:

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
RULE UPDATE (AGAIN)

Starting for this next round of bids, I am no longer enforcing the rule that you can only bid as much as you have in cap space. I put the rule in place so people wouldn't go all out and bust in one day, but that is still pretty well happening and I keep having to tell people to rebid less anyways.

So although I still recommend not bidding way more than you have, from here on in, I will be accepting all offers (even if you choose to bid on everyone).

For those who bid way too much, I will let the cap punishment from a buyout sort that out. Remember, you can buyout a player at anytime, but 50% of that players' cap hit will remain on your team as dead cap and count towards the 100m cap ceiling.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
So when do the players that got no offers come back up?

They don't. They disappear into a void and will never be seen again.

(There is already more players in the league then will be available in this auction since it is half the teams and there needs to be some competition to get the same guys)

Reactions: LT

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
They don't. They dissapear into a void and will never be seen again.

(There is already more players in the league then will be available in this auction since it is half the teams and there needs to be some competition to get the same guys)

Wow. Not the answer I expect. But I love it

Reactions: m0pe

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
You’re kidding, I downgraded my bets to not bust then landed barely anyone rip

You landed Pastrnak, Tkachuk and Rielly. This is a 10 day game.

(Also if you didnt downgrade I think you would be at 150m cap rn)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad