GM Auction Game - Discussion Thread

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I thought the game still worked if someone outbid themselves out of the game on day 1. You lose.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I thought the game still worked if someone outbid themselves out of the game on day 1. You lose.

I mean I suppose. But rather not have someone take over half the elite players in the game at well over 100m cap on Day 1 while most get nothing.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Maybe allow 1-2 amnesty buyouts? You have 24 hours to decide if you are gonna use it. Full cap hit comes off and players goes back up for bid the next day but team that used it aren't allowed to bid on them.

I'm trying to think of ways to make it so it isn't much more work for @m0pe. Like publicly updating the bids at least once would be but like still make it so people can bid and potentially secure who they want because I even found myself putting in a bid for some guys (just in case).

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Day 1 Winners

- Connor McDavid - :leafs - $20.5m
- Sidney Crosby - :edmonton - $16.2m
- Auston Matthews - TIED - $12.5m
- Patrice Bergeron - :nucks - $11.5m
- Brayden Point - :flames - $12.9m
- Sebastian Aho - :flames - $15.3m
- Ryan O'Reilly - :flames - $11.3m
- Mathew Barzal - :flyers - $11.7m
- Artemi Panarin - :flames - $13.6m
- Jonathan Huberdeau - :canes - $10.8m
- Taylor Hall - :seattle - $9m
- Mark Stone - :flyers - $11.7m
- Nikita Kucherov - :nucks - $13m
- Mitch Marner - :canes - $10.9m

- Victor Hedman - :coyotes - $15m
- Quinn Hughes - :canes - $10.9m
- Miro Heiskanen - TIED - $10.7m
- John Carlson - :edmonton - $9.2m
- Seth Jones - :stars - $12.5m
- Charlie McAvoy - :flyers - $9.1m
- Mark Giordano - :jets - $7.2m

- Connor Hellebuyck - :canes - $8.8m
Jesus Christ

Reactions: m0pe

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Day 1 winners are posted and Day 2 available players are up. Rather chaotic first day, so if you notice any mistakes (on your bid or where you feel I declared the wrong winner) then let me know ASAP.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Three people bid 20m+ on McDavid....but all within 0.5m...very close.

Everyone got multiple offers, except Marner I believe who only got the one.

Aho is your surprise 3rd highest paid player. Calgary going for it with him.

Reactions: hockeynorth

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Maybe allow 1-2 amnesty buyouts? You have 24 hours to decide if you are gonna use it. Full cap hit comes off and players goes back up for bid the next day but team that used it aren't allowed to bid on them.

I'm trying to think of ways to make it so it isn't much more work for @m0pe. Like publicly updating the bids at least once would be but like still make it so people can bid and potentially secure who they want because I even found myself putting in a bid for some guys (just in case).

I debated this, but I think I will just leave it as is. Already making lots of changes so don't want to make anymore right now. I feel like part of the process of this game is making some regretful decisions and living with them as it is meant to be a high risk game. Player's can always be dropped if it is physically impossible to make it within the cap, but I feel it needs to come at the consequence of having some dead cap space.

I have no horse in this race since I am just running it and not participating so if other people feel strongly about having a buyout I would consider adding it. But right now I don't feel it is needed.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Day 2 results / Day 3 players posted

As always, double check to make sure I didn't mess up your bids.

Some teams have spent over $80m. Some teams have spent nothing.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
Crazy to see all the money that gets spent.

Day 1 - $267M (22 players signed)
Day 2 - $287.6M (28 players signed)

:flyers almost at the cap ceiling.

:devils $0 spent. Hard to beat some others with close offers. Maybe we have to let loose on day 3.:popcorn:

Reactions: m0pe

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pretty happy with my core thus far although I probably overpaid for Vasi.

Josi - Jones is the best pairing in this game don’t @ me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad