Calgary - @Kent Nilsson
Nashville - @hockeynorth
Montreal - @OB5
Team - @scrappylilnobody
Ottawa - @stempniaksen
New Jersey - @Koivu777
Toronto - @PaulBissonnette

Rules

- Each day a grouping of players will be released around 8pm EST. You will have 24 hours to PM me your offers for each player (nothing else besides the highest money matters). Each player will sign to the highest bidder at the end of the 24 hours, at which time the next grouping will be released.

- There will be 10 days worth of bidding for each GM to build their 2o man roster (12F, 6D, 2G), followed by voting. The objective is to build the best team right now.

- There will be a 100m salary cap for this game.

- You can bid on as many players as you want but you are stuck with whoever you bid highest on. So don't just bid on everyone or you could be handcuffed quite quickly (I.e.: If you bid 20m on each of McDavid, MacKinnon and Matthews hoping you get one but are the highest bid on each, you have 60m tied into three players).

- Players will sign at a minimum of their 2019-20 contract. You can bid as high as you want, but they will not accept less than what they earned last year. The only exception to this will be in Round 10 of bidding on the final day. This final day will be a first-come, first-serve where any player listed can be signed to a $1,000,000 contract, even if they earned more in 2019-20 (But don't expect anyone special to be available on this day still).

- For players who earned less than $1,000,000 last year (ELC and depth players not in round 10) the minimum bid will be $1,000,000 as well.

- Please make bids in $100,000 increments. IE: 5.1m, 5.2m, etc. This is to avoid people adding a dollar or minimal amounts to a potentially common offer in order to be top offer (Ex. $5,000,001)

- You ARE allowed to increase your offer / add new offers if you change your mind. You ARE NOT allowed to decrease your offer / drop an offer. Keeping track of the highest bids only as they come in, so this would just lead to problems.

- If you bid on too many players and are over the cap, you are allowed to drop anyone you want in the end. HOWEVER, 50% of the contract for the player you dropped will remain on your payroll, so don't just bid on everyone and think you can just dump whoever you want conveniently later.

If you are interested in participating, let me know in this thread. Looking for at least 10 GMs to get this thing going and ideally ASAP to finish before the draft and free agency. If you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Wait I’m 11, if that’s too many that’s fine I can be out

No no, more than 11 is great. I think ideal is 16. Just wasn't expecting this level of interest this fast.

Would ideally like to get it started tonight though so don't think I will be waiting forever if signups are slow during the day.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
No no, more than 11 is great. I think ideal is 16. Just wasn't expecting this level of interest this fast.

Would ideally like to get it started tonight though so don't think I will be waiting forever if signups are slow during the day.
Alright cool

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Alright so we got 12 people. Open to having as many as 16 teams so feel free to still join, but this is a number I am good starting with. First players will be released around 8pm EST tonight and first signings will happen about 8pm EST tomorrow (will try to do this time consistently, but may be some days where it needs to be changed a bit).

Remember this is a blind auction, meaning don't post your offers; send them all to me over PM. You will not be notified if your offer is top or anything - so make the highest offer you feel comfortable doing the first time.

A few notes on the pool of players:

1) Not ALL NHL players will be available to be selected. With only 12-16 teams, there would be way more players available then to be selected. The point of this game is to create bidding competition; with too many players I feel a lot of guys would just receive one offer and each person would easily get their guy...that is no fun.

2) All ELITE NHL players WILL be available to be selected. While I don't want to make the pool of players too big overall, I don't want to take any of the best out of the game. But don't expect all your favourite mediocre NHLers to be available however. There will also be plenty of cheap depth to fill out rosters in the final round as need be.

3) The best players will be available first. Rounds 1 to 10 will generally be decreasing in quality as we go along. But I will make it somewhat balanced so if you miss out on some elite players in round 1, there will be more similar caliber players available in the next round so no need to panic. This is just a general framework though. There may be higher end players available later in the game for those who spend wisely.

Alright, don't really wanna go any more in detail so I will leave it at that. Haven't seen this game done in years so hoping it goes smoothly. If anyone has any ideas to improve it though feel free to let me know.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Alright so we got 12 people. Open to having as many as 16 teams so feel free to still join, but this is a number I am good starting with. First players will be released around 8pm EST tonight and first signings will happen about 8pm EST tomorrow (will try to do this time consistently, but may be some days where it needs to be changed a bit).

Remember this is a blind auction, meaning don't post your offers; send them all to me over PM. You will not be notified if your offer is top or anything - so make the highest offer you feel comfortable doing the first time.

A few notes on the pool of players:

1) Not ALL NHL players will be available to be selected. With only 12-16 teams, there would be way more players available then to be selected. The point of this game is to create bidding competition; with too many players I feel a lot of guys would just receive one offer and each person would easily get their guy...that is no fun.

2) All ELITE NHL players WILL be available to be selected. While I don't want to make the pool of players too big overall, I don't want to take any of the best out of the game. But don't expect all your favourite mediocre NHLers to be available however. There will also be plenty of cheap depth to fill out rosters in the final round as need be.

3) The best players will be available first. Rounds 1 to 10 will generally be decreasing in quality as we go along. But I will make it somewhat balanced so if you miss out on some elite players in round 1, there will be more similar caliber players available in the next round so no need to panic. This is just a general framework though. There may be higher end players available later in the game for those who spend wisely.

Alright, don't really wanna go any more in detail so I will leave it at that. Haven't seen this game done in years so hoping it goes smoothly. If anyone has any ideas to improve it though feel free to let me know.
An idea to improve:

Give my team extra cap space

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Is $1M the minimum bid on day 10 ?

Yes. 1m is the only bid on day 10. First come first serve to collect your scrubs.

Also I'm going to make 1m the minimum bid on any player in any other round, including ELCs where players made less than that last year. Just makes it easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad