GDT: GM#9 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @5:30 10/23/18

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The more I watch this team, the less interested and motivated I get, then I tune in to watch other games and wonder exactly how this team expects to compete against the upper echelon clubs?

This team can't pass, can't shoot, can't hit, can't skate... it is just completely dysfunctional. Watching Kings hockey is more of a chore than a form of entertainment.

Hey, maybe they'll release more stupid, nonsensical ads to keep us all tuned in.

Kind of an underrated point I tried to make last night. We've been getting slaughtered by struggling and lottery teams. Possibly easiest on paper stretch of Kings hockey in years.

The biggest thing is that we have a ton of young players who are thrown to the fire and expected to play like they're on a contender, rather than play them with the expectation of teaching them. A line-up with tons of youth would be fine on a team that admits it's rebuilding and makes a concerted effort to teach new players rather than expect them to perform.

The simple fact is we have garbage depth; outside of Kovy, Kopitar, Carter, and posdposs Iafallo, we have barely any forwards playing at an NHL level. For Rempal, Amadio, and Wagner, that should be expected. For Kempe, Toffoli, Pearson, Clifford, Thompson, and Lewis that's back breaking.

Frankly I don't think there's a cohesive vision for them to follow at all. It's why Amadio worked hard all summer, only to regress. It's why Kempe is allowed to take dumbass stick penalties all over the ice. It's why Wagner has moderate success--he just runs "go" routes and prays to negate an icing. No f***ing identity means nothing for these kids to grow into.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Is anyone surprised that a skilled player like Kempe starts to suck when his coaches play him at wing and praise his physical play?

First penalty last night was goalie interference, which the coach says is not an issue if you’re name is Dustin Brown. Second penalty is about compete level but can be excused by the situation with the Kings trailing and desperate to break a losing streak. The team is so fragile that they have no hope of killing the penalty.

John Stevens blaming it all on Kempe and leading with his play as the reason the team lost is BS. It was Kopitar and Doughty out there for another early goal against and Forbort who got clowned down low by old Jason Spezza on the play before the puck ended up the net.

I don’t know which excuse is worse, the coach doesn’t know why the team is losing when asked, or that he says his team lost essentially because they couldn’t kill off 3 penalties in a game.

Last edited:

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Called it! 4-2 Dallas win. Last game, I said 6-1 Sabres win and it was 5-1. Crazy.

Post on Game thread vs Buffalo:::::::

"""""""""""I actually kind of hope for a 6-1 loss, so Blake will do something. If the Kings win, 3-2, they will all think they have righted the ship. With a 6-1 loss, someone gets fired, dealt, or not dressed next game. Hopefully, all 3. Need changes."""""""""""""""""
Oh wow, wow! If you get the 3rd one sort of right too we'll give you a complementary temporary ban for having to read this dribble!

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Well I'm glad I've tuned in to about 20 minutes of Kings hockey so far this season, that being some of the Habs game & some of the Jets game. Have really had no interest this season. I sometimes even forget they are playing, kinda like they've been doing.
I'm in the same boat. I haven't watched a full game in awhile and I don't follow the schedule. Only way I'm up to date on the score is cos of twitter.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Kind of an underrated point I tried to make last night. We've been getting slaughtered by struggling and lottery teams. Possibly easiest on paper stretch of Kings hockey in years.

Frankly I don't think there's a cohesive vision for them to follow at all. It's why Amadio worked hard all summer, only to regress. It's why Kempe is allowed to take dumbass stick penalties all over the ice. It's why Wagner has moderate success--he just runs "go" routes and prays to negate an icing. No ****ing identity means nothing for these kids to grow into.

I think that missing identity is their biggest issue and it's tied to the lack of leadership and loss of swagger over the last few years. Not the easiest thing to fix.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Me too. I think I'm bad luck.

So I'll be sure to watch the whole season to ensure a good draft pick.

I think I am too. At home or at or out they seemingly only score when I'm in the bathroom.

I've watched most of them multiple times and I still can't figure out how to fix things. Baffling. :confused:

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->