GDT: GM#72 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @7:30pm 3/18/19

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Appropriate that this game was the game that officially eliminated from the playoffs. That was a typical kings loss from this season.

Reactions: kingsfan28

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This team man. No effort until the final 2 min, then have half the guy stuck out on the ice because nobody wanted to change. I guess Kempe has learned a lot by watching Kopi get the puck, pass up a shot, circle the net, then give it away.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Crownroyal21

Mar 19, 2019
Fellas. I have been reading your posts for a long f***ing time. Never posted anything. Like all of us I’m disappointed how this season has gone. However, this was created by Lombardi. Was it worth two Stanley Cups? f*** yeah. But all those first round picks is now hurting us. Unfortunately, the Sekera and Lucic trade is really what f***ed us. Now, we have have some first round talent the last three years. If we get a top three this year to go with Kupari and Vilardi it’s a quick rebuild. Grumstrum too. Trade no hands Lewis and Forbort for picks. Dion...I don’t know what they do for him. Trade him and Toffoli for a 3rd? One last thing. Play f***ing Macdermid!!!!

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Fellas. I have been reading your posts for a long ****ing time. Never posted anything. Like all of us I’m disappointed how this season has gone. However, this was created by Lombardi. Was it worth two Stanley Cups? **** yeah. But all those first round picks is now hurting us. Unfortunately, the Sekera and Lucic trade is really what ****ed us. Now, we have have some first round talent the last three years. If we get a top three this year to go with Kupari and Vilardi it’s a quick rebuild. Grumstrum too. Trade no hands Lewis and Forbort for picks. Dion...I don’t know what they do for him. Trade him and Toffoli for a 3rd? One last thing. Play ****ing Macdermid!!!!

Good post - we know there are many out there that are suffering, that are not posting or have stopped posting and waiting for the draft and off season.
I think the Kings must get rid of Phaneuf, Carter, Toffoli and Lewis. Those 4 are really worthless and all 50% or less of what they once were and should have NO PART of this team
going forward. Must open AT LEAST 4 spots for these 6: (or more even, kin case of any signing / acquisition) Kupari, JAD, Luff, Clague, Brickley, and possibly the #1 pick.
Not saying all of those will make the team, but 3 or 4 will.

Next up: April 9 Lottery!
Also - hope to sign a college FA. Mayor thinks Kings may have a shot to sign Alex Lomiges, c/lw from Penn State. Leading scorer with 50 pts and King draftee Cole Hults is there.
Alex Limoges at eliteprospects.com
Also - hope to sign Markus Phillips, Mikey Anderson, Sean Durzi. Prokhorkin a possibility?

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Man, the Kings are horrible. Tanking worse than Ottawa is actually impressive considering they're playing with an AHL roster right now.

Crownroyal21

Mar 19, 2019
They have won TWO Stanley Cups in the last seven years. They gave up a lot but it was worth it. If they can add three players it’s a quick rebuild.

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
Man, the Kings are horrible. Tanking worse than Ottawa is actually impressive considering they're playing with an AHL roster right now.

Did you see our roster? Kings are a bunch of washed out thirtysomethings led by the worst coach in the league. They are just that bad. What's more impressive is the fact that Colorado is still out of PO after years of high draft picks and with elite talent in prime years.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I guess Kempe has learned a lot by watching Kopi get the puck, pass up a shot, circle the net, then give it away.

Then send it back to the point where the shot never gets through.

This shit drives me insane.

I miss the old Mike Richards that got the puck to the net.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Did you see our roster? Kings are a bunch of washed out thirtysomethings led by the worst coach in the league. They are just that bad. What's more impressive is the fact that Colorado is still out of PO after years of high draft picks and with elite talent in prime years.
I'm thinking he thought the Avalanche still had a shot at first in the Central if the Jets lost last night . :laugh: I don't think you guys are that far away from being really good again , plus if the Jets Won 1 cup i would be ok with a long rebuild . :laugh:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
This team man. No effort until the final 2 min, then have half the guy stuck out on the ice because nobody wanted to change. I guess Kempe has learned a lot by watching Kopi get the puck, pass up a shot, circle the net, then give it away.

They did that with Sutter too, and even when they were good. They just don't have enough of anything to keep the other team to 2 goals instead of 3 this year. Plus not enough of anything to score just enough goals to win more than they lose. Not counting all the blowout losses this year, which is what pushes them to the bottom.

Just a complete garbage season. No vet had even a good year. The youth is marginal in the big picture. Wagner is a nice little story, but he's not going to carry this franchise anywhere. Whatever pick they end up with, they have to get some real talent. Don't be Lombardi and try to outsmart everyone. Pick. Actual. Talent.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Good post - we know there are many out there that are suffering, that are not posting or have stopped posting and waiting for the draft and off season.
I think the Kings must get rid of Phaneuf, Carter, Toffoli and Lewis. Those 4 are really worthless and all 50% or less of what they once were and should have NO PART of this team
going forward. Must open AT LEAST 4 spots for these 6: (or more even, kin case of any signing / acquisition) Kupari, JAD, Luff, Clague, Brickley, and possibly the #1 pick.
Not saying all of those will make the team, but 3 or 4 will.

Next up: April 9 Lottery!
Also - hope to sign a college FA. Mayor thinks Kings may have a shot to sign Alex Lomiges, c/lw from Penn State. Leading scorer with 50 pts and King draftee Cole Hults is there.
Alex Limoges at eliteprospects.com
Also - hope to sign Markus Phillips, Mikey Anderson, Sean Durzi. Prokhorkin a possibility?

I totally get the hate for Dion carter and toffoli but Lewis seriously? The guy was hurt for more then half the year He is coming off a career year I think he gets a pass Personally i think this team missed him more then anyone realizes. He is rock solid defensively as a rule and has been our unsung hero for a long long time, Also hes been getting 4th line mins wtf do u expect from him exactly

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->