GDT: GM#71 LA Kings vs Florida Panthers @1:00pm 3/16/19

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Actually not Kopitar's first sub-par season. Anytime a 1C only gets off 134 shots in a season and 16 goals, he is doing something wrong.

Then, there is a season with 12 goals and 40 assists, not good enough.

Then, there is this season, which has been terrible in every way.

That's every other season for the last 5 seasons. One good season, one great season, three well below average seasons.

We'll never agree on Kopitar and his ability to deliver consistently for the Kings in spite of being paid like he is an every season 70-point two-way center.

Can you really not see a difference between "sub-par" and "truly bad?"

Just kidding. I know you can. you're just being argumentative.

I know you agree with me that this is the worst all-around season of Kopitar's career and it's not just about production. You just can't miss a chance to bitch about him.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Can you really not see a difference between "sub-par" and "truly bad?"

Just kidding. I know you can. you're just being argumentative.

I know you agree with me that this is the worst all-around season of Kopitar's career and it's not just about production. You just can't miss a chance to ***** about him.
I know you want to point to the tough match ups and Kopitar's defensive prowess when he isn't scoring, but at a $10M cap hit, and especially for eight years that just doesn't cut it. I know it isn't the perfect stat, but Kopitar's plus/minus in his three down years in the last five: -2, -10, and -12 this season. In the good years +34 and +21. There is no denying Kopitar shows up every other season. Again, not good enough.

Kopitar's contract is the biggest factor in the Kings success. It was a mistake, and now they are going to pay for it.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Idk. I think Kopitar’s 16/17 season was worse on an individual level.

The fact that two of his last three seasons have been miserable ones is a tad bit concerning. In between that is his career high, but given his career performance, that season was an anomaly. I was hoping he’d at least be capable of averaging 70+ points a season with a few up and down swings every so often, but hitting less than 60 points two of the past three years worries me more than anything. We all know 90+ points from him is not the norm.

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
I know you want to point to the tough match ups and Kopitar's defensive prowess when he isn't scoring, but at a $10M cap hit, and especially for eight years that just doesn't cut it. I know it isn't the perfect stat, but Kopitar's plus/minus in his three down years in the last five: -2, -10, and -12 this season. In the good years +34 and +21. There is no denying Kopitar shows up every other season. Again, not good enough.

Kopitar's contract is the biggest factor in the Kings success. It was a mistake, and now they are going to pay for it.

The thing I'm most worried about, is he has slowed 2 steps and 10% speed in just one year. What will his skating be like in 2-3 years? Kings have #1 and #2 centers that cannot
beat anyone with their skating and lack of speed.

Draisaitl scored his 43rd today...

Draisaitl 43 = Kopi 20 x 2 + 3

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The thing I'm most worried about, is he has slowed 2 steps and 10% speed in just one year. What will his skating be like in 2-3 years? Kings have #1 and #2 centers that cannot
beat anyone with their skating and lack of speed.

Draisaitl scored his 43rd today...

Draisaitl 43 = Kopi 20 x 2 + 3

One has the excuse of having his achilles cut in half that's clearly affecting his game, the other has none. I've never seen Kopitar half ass it the way he has this season in his entire career. Not sure why you included Draisaitl in this, because he's a winger, not a passing center.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The fact that two of his last three seasons have been miserable ones is a tad bit concerning. In between that is his career high, but given his career performance, that season was an anomaly. I was hoping he’d at least be capable of averaging 70+ points a season with a few up and down swings every so often, but hitting less than 60 points two of the past three years worries me more than anything. We all know 90+ points from him is not the norm.

Didn’t he shoot something absurd like 17% in 17/18?

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Didn’t he shoot something absurd like 17% in 17/18?
17.5 and he took 200 shots. Funny enough, he's at 55.1% FO right now and if he keeps it up, it will be a career high. His shooting percentage has only fallen to 14.5, still above his career average of 12.7. He has only taken 138 shots so far this season though. What stands out on his stats currently is 0 PPG. He's also currently at a career worst PPP with only 14. Kopitar did manage to have 0 PPG in the shortened 2012-13 season for what it's worth.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Maybe coaching staff told him to lose for hughes?
i can't imagine that would fly in the NHL yknow

like willie would totally do everything in his power to make a lineup that fails and make bad coaching decisions because he can bury it but i can't imagine telling players to fail is something they could keep secret

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->