GDT: GM#71 LA Kings vs Florida Panthers @1:00pm 3/16/19

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
tenor (1).gif

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Yup, sure gotta get those young players going, hey Willie. Scratch Brodzinski and play Toffoli 17+ minutes. Yup, play a guy that has absolute **** the entire season over a guy that you should be seeing what you have. Wagner? 12 minutes. Grundstrom? Just under 12 minutes. How about Kempe? Oh, 13 minutes.
No, but let's give Toffoli those minutes, and Carter almost 18 minutes. Why play Kopitar 24 minutes? Spread those minutes around. The season is done you nimrod. I cannot wait until this **** head is punted to the curb. Absolutely no reason not to play the youngsters more in a completely lost season.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They finish the season:

1-7-0 at home against the Atlantic
15 GF
33 GA

1-4-3 on the road against the Atlantic
17 GF
31 GA

2-11-3 total against the Atlantic(the equivalent of 36 points in 82 games)
32 GF (2.00 gpg)
64 GA (4.00 gpg)

That's a -32 goal differential in 16 games against the Atlantic. That leaves a -27 goal differential in the other 55 games they've played so far.

Montreal: 1-1-0, 4 GF, 3 GA, +1
Detroit: 1-1-0, 5 GF, 5 GA, E
Boston: 0-1-1, 6 GF, 9 GA, -3
Tampa Bay: 0-1-1, 5 GF, 10 GA, -5
Buffalo: 0-1-1, 4 GF, 9 GA, -5
Florida: 0-2-0, 4 GF, 10 GA, -6
Toronto: 0-2-0, 2 GF, 9 GA, -9
Ottawa: 0-2-0, 2 GF, 9 GA, -9

A particularly poor season against teams from the Atlantic.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
People will say next year, Kopitar almost had his average season.

As a guy that's defended him regularly I will tell you right now that's clearly not the case. Sure the points came back, but everything else evaporated.

The first truly bad season of Kopitar's career.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
As a guy that's defended him regularly I will tell you right now that's clearly not the case. Sure the points came back, but everything else evaporated.

Actually not Kopitar's first sub-par season. Anytime a 1C only gets off 134 shots in a season and 16 goals, he is doing something wrong.

Then, there is a season with 12 goals and 40 assists, not good enough.

Then, there is this season, which has been terrible in every way.

That's every other season for the last 5 seasons. One good season, one great season, three well below average seasons.

We'll never agree on Kopitar and his ability to deliver consistently for the Kings in spite of being paid like he is an every season 70-point two-way center.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Six years ago, Tyler Toffoli was the most promising Kings prospect to join the team since Doughty’s debut.

Now, he’s the biggest ween on the team.

Check out those highlights and look at how different the team looked back then, playing an up tempo game, and with intensity.

I am thinking that neither Toffoli or Pearson were ever anything other than average NHL players, and that Jeff Carter carried both of them to heights they never would have seen with any other center.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think my dad will take responsibility for the loss. He said on 2 separate occasions that the Panthers weren't going to score when they had possession and they literally scored right after he said that on both times.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Like the team in general, every issue he's had in spurts in previous years have converged this season into one giant puck of suck. There's no injury or anything that's even hinted at this time either. The state of the team has just completely overwhelmed him, along with the rest of the roster. When he's not even giving you what you expect on his side of the ice, consistently, he has no answers. Obviously.

I don't know if it's hyperbole or not, or if it's being a prisoner of the moment, but I can't recall another season, for any team around the league, where they just didn't look like they were into playing hockey from day 1 of camp. Being a bad team is one thing, but for the bottom to fall out from one season to the next, the way that it seems to have happened(what looks like a team wide disinterest), is a little different. There's a lot of hockey history, there are many teams over the years, so in all likelihood there's been something like this before. However, from the examples in my mind, I can't think of one.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I am thinking that neither Toffoli or Pearson were ever anything other than average NHL players, and that Jeff Carter carried both of them to heights they never would have seen with any other center.
Nothing has changed.

Kyle Clifford is still our best player.

Edit: I quoted the wrong thing but you get the point.

Reactions: BigKing

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The only time I noticed Kempe was when he hit the post in the final 30 second. This is the guy some of you want as your #2 center...:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad