GDT: GM#70 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @7:30pm 3/14/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If we can see Carter is pretty much useless, I’m sure the other organizations recognize his play has deteriorated.

The Kings would have to add at this point for someone to take Carter.

Truthfully they need to move Carter to wing.

Reactions: yankeeking

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
The Real Theme: 'Hockey is for everyone...except Jeff Carter' Is anyone else embarrassed for him? He looks like a linesman, with a stick. Skating around and trying to avoid the play...or do anything hockey players do. The main difference is linesmen skate hard and skate 60 minutes. However, both linesmen and Carter don't score. I actually wonder if management is waiting for Jeff to do the right thing and come to them and ask to sit out, for the better of the team. How can you wear an A and not do the right thing for the team? I record all games and watch all of his shifts. It's really crazy. He actually does nothing. He did not make a single pass to Kovalchuk or Leipsic all night. Anyone that plays with him, cannot produce, as it's close to playing short handed. No goals in 2 MONTHS. Last goal January 15 !! 18 games. 0 goals. 4 assists. Minus 10. In those 18 games, he was not a PLUS in any of the 18 games. I have watched hockey since 1973 and never seen anything like this. He's the worst player I have ever seen, in his performances for over 2 months now. Anyone record the game and have it? Watch all of his shifts. It's actually like he's in a video game as one of those NPCs that just moves around the rest of the other 9 skaters on the ice. Seriously. 0-8 on faceoffs! LOL And people bemoan that Kempe is 42%.

Last edited:

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
And that scout was right...the one that said this about Toffoli a few months ago "Tyler Toffoli is a terrible hockey player"

That's akin to the short and poignant review from movie Spinal Tap, when they were reading reviews of their records. David St Hubbins was reading the reviews and Nigel Tufnil
was there....David "and this review of Shark Sandwich, just 2 words...Shtt Sandwhich!" To which Nigel says - (and he's laughing some and can't stay in character) "They can't say that!"

Tyler's accuracy is about 2-3 feet off. 8 feet in front of the net and shoots it wide. He was brutal all night.

Reactions: Schmooley

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I also love Phil Collins, although I Don't Care Anymore is his true masterpiece .In Too Deep? Still very solid.

I'm a Huey Lewis guy. :laugh:

giphy.gif

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
'A tweet from Hoven:

Willie D said this Kings team can learn a lot from players like Wagner. Then closed with, "We have to get more young guys going."'

Uhhh, so why don't you play them more Willie? ****ing idiot.
Shouldn’t he be saying “I have to get more young guys going”?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
And that scout was right...the one that said this about Toffoli a few months ago "Tyler Toffoli is a terrible hockey player"

And which scout was this? Or is this under a condition of anonymity? I'm assuming you had spoken to another club's scout. Be interesting to know what that scouts opinion was of him last season or the seasons previous.

I'm trying to figure out how he's suddenly become this type of player after being a 50 point player on average in his previous 5+ seasons with the Kings.

Is he terrible? It's one scouts opinion. I mean, I've briefly chit chatted with a few scouts regarding Kaliyev and their opinions tend to differ. Can't take one conclusion as gospel.

Whatever has him in this current form hopefully, is rectified over the summer and can return some value next year, if he is still here come opening night in October.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Next game is 1pm on Saturday. I want all the games to start at 1pm - regardless of the day. We won’t win another game!

Also, I saw that the last three Bark Madness winners aren’t with the team (Pearson, Dodd and Muzzin). Everyone needs to vote for Phaneuf’s pup.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Next game is 1pm on Saturday. I want all the games to start at 1pm - regardless of the day. We won’t win another game!

Also, I saw that the last three Bark Madness winners aren’t with the team (Pearson, Dodd and Muzzin). Everyone needs to vote for Phaneuf’s pup.
Dodd’s dog Arlo was great!!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
100%. No one agrees to the same politics or beliefs so its a bit weird they'd force a politic belief. So, i wonder how certain players feel when they have to wear those silly pride jerseys.

I don't want this to get derailed into a debate about beliefs, but what's so political about wanting to get as many people to play the sport we love?

Reactions: Schmooley

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Is WD being told not to increase the minutes of the young guys?

I mean... Kopitar had almost 22 minutes and Wagner had less than 10.

One of the biggest "culture" guys in Clifford had less than 11 minutes.

All other forwards had between 12 - 16 minutes.

I doubt anyone is holding him back.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
And which scout was this? Or is this under a condition of anonymity? I'm assuming you had spoken to another club's scout. Be interesting to know what that scouts opinion was of him last season or the seasons previous.

I'm trying to figure out how he's suddenly become this type of player after being a 50 point player on average in his previous 5+ seasons with the Kings.

Is he terrible? It's one scouts opinion. I mean, I've briefly chit chatted with a few scouts regarding Kaliyev and their opinions tend to differ. Can't take one conclusion as gospel.

Whatever has him in this current form hopefully, is rectified over the summer and can return some value next year, if he is still here come opening night in October.

I don't know who it was...they saw me writing about TT and sent me a PM. Said they scouted games...

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC

I now have a reason to participate in that stunt.

Is WD being told not to increase the minutes of the young guys?

My guess is he’s still in the phase where he doesn’t know what the problem is, which is code for he’s not allowed to call out garbage vets. BLuc has ordained that the vets have something to prove and his hack coach is going to shove them out there to “prove” they suck.

Then everyone comes out post season and can say, we gave X scapegoat(s) plenty of opportunities BUT, we need to move them. All for the purposes of inflating some marginal move into a logical decision that is entirely defensible in retrospect.

Flunky Management 101.

Meanwhile, us fans are sitting back, watching blowouts, falling asleep half way through the game and waking up to see prospects excelling with limited minutes. Wake me up when BLuc is gone. Their tenure will depend 100% on whether they win the draft lottery.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I agree,wish politics stayed out of sports period.

Have to disagree here. Growing up in hockey, you hear some pretty awful stuff said on ice and off. Think of a player like JAD with his family situation, or going further back, players like Willie O'Ree being role models for others like Grant Fuhr and Jarome Iginla. Historically, I feel like hockey is actually already relatively devoid of politics compared to other major sports.

If done in a genuine way, those types of messages can be powerful. Now, I'll admit that many attempts are done in poor faith basically motivated by marketing. However, saying it has no place is looking past how many people those messages can help and can be used to grow the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad