GDT: GM#7 LA Kings vs New York Islanders @7:30 10/18/18

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Good point. Pearson never had blazing speed, but he was above average and has lost a step or two since the injury.

2. And he plays with fear now. The Pearson we knew would hustle, create turnovers, and create plays. Now he stands around the front of the net

member 88115

Thompson should be scratched way before Pearson. We have plenty of Centers to replace him. I like that Stevens is going for speed, but it won't translate to much if the play is going to stay on the boards. I listened to the radio guys talk about how taxing it is on the players when they get stuck fighting for a loose pucks. They have no energy to go on offense. This was my issue in the playoffs and now. Fingers crossed and hope Stevens has adjusted because he felt the team was not ready to transition. GKG

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
carter-pearson-toffoli gave us some epic moments, but it's dead and for many years now. that's how i'll try to remember him. bon voyage.

I went to all 4 of the games vs. the Hawks in 2014 and Drew Doughty was by far the best player on the ice for the Kings (atleast in the road games I saw), but other than him, Pearson may have been the best player on the Kings in that series. And he was 21 at the time. Just crazy.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If you had told me in June 2014 that Pearson would never have cracked 45 points and was going to be a healthy scratch in 2018 I would have called you crazy.

One of many things that would fall into that category. 0 playoff wins at home since June 2014? Yeah, right, whatever.

Back to back means nothing. Playing a struggling team means nothing. Kings could win 6-0, they could lose 6-0.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Thompson should be scratched way before Pearson. We have plenty of Centers to replace him. I like that Stevens is going for speed, but it won't translate to much if the play is going to stay on the boards. I listened to the radio guys talk about how taxing it is on the players when they get stuck fighting for a loose pucks. They have no energy to go on offense. This was my issue in the playoffs and now. Fingers crossed and hope Stevens has adjusted because he felt the team was not ready to transition. GKG

Doubt that Thompson is a candidate to sit because of faceoffs and PK time. It's hard to play much worse at 5 on 5 than Thompson has basically his entire time with the Kings and he has yet to be removed so I doubt it starts now.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I went to all 4 of the games vs. the Hawks in 2014 and Drew Doughty was by far the best player on the ice for the Kings (atleast in the road games I saw), but other than him, Pearson may have been the best player on the Kings in that series. And he was 21 at the time. Just crazy.

that was epic. vs hawks 2014. best hockey i've ever seen. sadly only on tv. you are a lucky man, cheerz :thumbu:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
that was epic. vs hawks 2014. best hockey i've ever seen. sadly only on tv. you are a lucky man, cheerz :thumbu:

That series was some of the best back and forth hockey I've seen in a long time.

I was up in Yosemite I think for game 6 (or maybe it was game 7?) and I remember being surrounded in beauty by Mother Nature but glued to the TV like a scene from The Poltergeist; I've funny how you remember all the little details of all particular moment in your life that you hold special.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
That series was some of the best back and forth hockey I've seen in a long time.

I was up in Yosemite I think for game 6 (or maybe it was game 7?) and I remember being surrounded in beauty by Mother Nature but glued to the TV like a scene from The Poltergeist; I've funny how you remember all the little details of all particular moment in your life that you hold special.

3d6c8476c9d6fec54eda5cdeb60441c1.jpg

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
2 things will happen tonight.....

-Unfortunately for Kings, Barzal breaks out this season with his usual 3 or 4 point night
-Fortunately for Kings, JAD scores his first NHL goal

But hey, ill still predict a win for you guys!!!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Shocked how great an NHL'er he has become. He was skinny in college, he has bulked up, he is a challenge to move away from the goal.

Was he? I thought he was a highly touted football prospect at one point or another so I just always figured he was at least bulky with the way he's unmoveable near the net. Wild!

member 88115

Doubt that Thompson is a candidate to sit because of faceoffs and PK time. It's hard to play much worse at 5 on 5 than Thompson has basically his entire time with the Kings and he has yet to be removed so I doubt it starts now.
I get the faceoffs, but not the pk. Pearson is probably a better on PK and Kempe actually looked decent. Vegas center position was not great and i guess i'm hoping speed & with the improved team play we can force turnovers even on lost faceoffs

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Was he? I thought he was a highly touted football prospect at one point or another so I just always figured he was at least bulky with the way he's unmoveable near the net. Wild!

Anders Lee - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

I follow recruiting pretty closely, especially with midwest guys and I don't remember him. I think it was one of those situations where the media sometimes hypes up how good someone may have been in a second sport.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anders Lee - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

I follow recruiting pretty closely, especially with midwest guys and I don't remember him. I think it was one of those situations where the media sometimes hypes up how good someone may have been in a second sport.

"NR" says it all to me :laugh:

Still has a cool background story but yeah not definitely many true pro-level dual-sport athletes. He was definitely at least Al Bundy!

Anders Lee went from football star to NHL standout

"A decade before he became the NHL’s third-leading scorer, a net-front monster and deflection master, the 27-year-old left winger was shredding high schoolers in suburban Minneapolis, knocking cowered opponents back into second grade like Spike from Little Giants. Think his 46-goal pace through Wednesday seems gaudy? Try 1,982 passing yards and 1,105 more on the ground as a senior at Edina High School, along with 37 total TDs and Minnesota Gatorade Player of the Year honors … in 10 games."

All in all I just have a huge man crush on guys who can play that power game at a high level especially these days. Lee, Brown, early career Mike Fisher, Oshie to some degree...guys that have skill but aren't afraid to be touched.

Reactions: Reaper45

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Can’t believe Beauvillier is playing behind Ladd, must be a trope with bad teams.

Will be interesting to see Trotz behind the bench, glad he got his pay day after winning the cup. Hell, I’d be fine if the Kings had hired him and fired JS.

Pretty bold of Stevens to play games by making it look like Pearson will be scratched tonight. Sending a “message” about some BS concept like compete level.

One thing I had hoped would come out of the pain of the Lombardi finale was a team which was more objective about players and a willingness to break with the past success in order to move forward more quickly.

No long time Kings fan wants to endure another multi decade run as an after thought team, best case, or a joke.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I know it's a cliche, but it's more important to get a fast start against the Islanders.

The Islanders played last night and the Kings have had two days off, so the Islanders have their game legs more ready. As the game wears on, the Kings will have their game legs and the Islanders will start having fatigue wear in.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->