GDT: GM#68 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @5:00pm 3/9/19

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Los Angeles Kings (24-35-8, 56pts, Last in Pacific) :thumbd:@Arizona Coyotes(33-29-5, 71pts, 4th in Pacific) :thumbd:
Gila River Arena| Glendale, AZ
TIME: 5:00pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
PREVIOUS MEETINGS
ARI 2-1 LAK December 4, 2018
LAK 2-1 ARI December 27, 2018

:kings:coyotes
PP/PK27th/30th23rd/2nd
Faceoffs12th30th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 19 goals, 29 assists, 48 points.Clayton Keller: 13 goals, 29 assists, 42 goals
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Lines subject to change*
:kings
bLsCsyD.png

6HWTekM.png

4ctgazm.png

Extras: Paul Ladue, Kurtis MacDermid, Austin Wagner

:coyotes
VJOcDMQ.png

q5ZeKc4.png

zkMK4wH.png

Injuries: Antii Raanta, Derek Stepan, Kyle Capobianco, Nick Schmaltz, Jordan Oesterle​

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
GRUNDSTROM!!!!

Jon Rosen✔@lakingsinsider
#LAKings officially recall Carl Grundstrom from AHL-Ontario. Expected to make NHL debut tonight in Arizona. Opening at yesterday's practice was on a line with Kempe, Toffoli.

You are required to be awesome...or you will be moved off that line and on the pine....BUT, if you score a goal, you may get sent down....so, good luck!
You can blow dead apes all over the ice, be an NPC like 73 and 77, and be rewarded with 18 TOI and PP and PK time. Welcome to the Double Standard Twilight Zone!

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Good luck Grundstrom.

On another note... a few weeks ago the plan was to rotate the defensemen (Phaneuf, Walker, LaDue were named specifically). What ever happened with that? Was one rotation enough and now LaDue, etc are just stuck admiring the game from the stands?

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Good luck Grundstrom.

On another note... a few weeks ago the plan was to rotate the defensemen (Phaneuf, Walker, LaDue were named specifically). What ever happened with that? Was one rotation enough and now LaDue, etc are just stuck admiring the game from the stands?

And Amadio had a string of about 6-7 games, where he was playing his best yet - confidence, making plays, scoring 1 or 2 goals and general good play, overall. So, he gets jettisoned back to Ontario.

Regarding the D rotation, Phaneuf was miffed and said "I have a lot more left" and WD respected that,
or wilted and went back on his word.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Luff and LaDue are get mind f*cked right now - that’s got to be great for their development.

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This team treats young players like shit. How many players have they sent down when they've been good? A lot. This team isn't developing their confidence.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I dont know why everyone is so up in arms about Luff, there were some glaring holes in his game, first and foremost being his apathy levels. Send him down, give him some time to work, then call him back up when he really doesnt give a f***.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Good luck Grundstrom.

Phaneuf is an Illuminati

He play when he says he plays

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Quotes from Kempe on LakingsInsider on Carl: (and WD and Carl himself)
“He has a lot of speed,” Kempe said. “He plays hard, he’s good with the puck. I think he has a heavy game and forecheck, he’s a really good goal scorer as well. In the Swedish league he had almost 20 goals a couple seasons ago, and that’s pretty hard when you’re 18 or 19 years old.”
Kempe also noted that he hadn’t played with Grundstrom in recent years, but that the skill set should still hold true. As a coachable player with a good constitution, he’ll be expected to keep the same approach during his late-season NHL exposure.
“I think the biggest thing, wherever you go or whatever the change is, is do what you do,” Desjardins said. “The reason you got there is because of the things you’re doing, and just because you go to a new level, to me it’s like going into the playoffs. Don’t change what you were doing to get there, and I think that would be the mindset for him.”
Kempe was able to do that after joining Manchester during the club’s 2015 Calder Cup run, a span in which he scored eight times in 17 games. Grundstrom, a 2018 Calder Cup champion with the Marlies, who defeated the Texas Stars at home in Game 7, will now look to transfer his play from last year’s tournament, which resulted in eight goals and 14 points over 20 games, into the National Hockey League.
“Obviously I was very happy [to learn I would be recalled],” he said. “It’s been a dream since I was a kid, so it feels really good.”
Adrian Kempe, on what Grundstrom can take away from his Calder Cup success:
It’s tough to come over right away, and we both came over onto really good teams. It’s obviously really tough to play in the playoffs. It’s another level when you get up here, but I think it’s a good experience before coming into the NHL. He had a good playoff run in the minors. Just get more experience, I think, and it’ll help you before you come up here and make your debut, for sure.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
This team treats young players like ****. How many players have they sent down when they've been good? A lot. This team isn't developing their confidence.

If they keep sending young players doing well back down, and after they call them up and they do well, they send them back down again, and that cycle keeps repeating, wouldn't that mean their confidence is fine? If anything, it's the confidence of veterans on this roster that's fragile.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Heard on ATKM Podcast that Stothers had some blunt words about Luff after a recent game.

Reign Insider

On Matt Luff not being on the ice down the stretch, or for the final power play

Luffer needed an attitude adjustment. So he got one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad