GDT: GM#64 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:30pm 2/28/19

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Gotta have positive vibes guys. The Kings may not win any meaningful games this season, but they could win the draft lottery. Just like they did in 1995 and came out as the winners of the Aki Berg sweepstakes.

Kings Win the Lottery, Move Up to No. 3 Pick
"Maybe things are finally looking up for the Los Angeles Kings," McMaster said.

The Kings had only a 4.2% chance of moving up to the third pick and their representative at the drawing in New York was a man the other hockey executives didn't even know--Lester Wintz, the team's executive vice president, who was in New York on other business.

"We never expected this to happen, so he just went on protocol to have someone there to congratulate the winner," McMaster said.

Unless the Kings trade the pick, they will make their highest selection since 1986, when Jimmy Carson was second overall. There isn't a consensus No. 1, but defensemen Bryan Berard of the Detroit Jr. Red Wings and Wade Redden of the Brandon Wheat Kings, a Canadian junior team, are rated high, along with Finnish defenseman Aki-Petteri Berg. McMaster said the Kings are more likely to pick a forward such as Canadian junior players Daymond Langkow and Chad Kilger or Czech center Radek Dvorak.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Last 8 drafts,the team finishing last only won the lottery twice.
Screenshot_20190228-234315_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190228-234335_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: KingsFan7824

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
god klingberg has such a nice stride

those few strides exiting the zone made so much space
He's soooo soft though. I've never seen a guy literally move out of the way and give the opponent the puck cause he didn't want to get hit.

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
He's soooo soft though. I've never seen a guy literally move out of the way and give the opponent the puck cause he didn't want to get hit.
oh no doubt, that was one of the more pathetic things i've seen on an NHL rink

sees clifford coming, literally stops pursuing and turns away

Reactions: WHOneedsSOX

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
I don't think Carter can play any worse than he is right now.

Former King, 'scratch me every other game' Brad Richardson had 4 even strength goals tonight.
Jeff Carter has 5 even strength goals THIS ENTIRE SEASON..."but let's keep him another year and see if he rebounds"
LETS NOT.

Reactions: 21Dog

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Two goals precisely the way I've said they need to do it, granted one for Dallas, one for LA,

But when you are driving down the side, either side, drive a shot, low hard far side, force the goalie to kick it out, and drive the net to put it in, simple but effective.

Anyone thinks that Quick screwed up on that tying goal, he had no choice, that was such a well placed shot, that rebound was going there regardless, it was up to the Dman to tie the stick up etc.

Carter had one good shift.....one. The PK where he actually beat the Stars player to the puck, but to be fair, I think the Stars player was coming in from Burbank. Other than that he did nothing to deserve taking Wagner off, that as nonsense.

MacDermid looked good, despite the turnover on the 1st goal which I still say was Carter not being ready, he did fine. I'm really like Walker and Roy's game, other than that, entertaining game.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
How did my boy MacDermid look? I passed out at 8 o clock haha...
looked like a 2nd or 3rd pairing defenseman.. some mistakes, some good plays

caught a bs roughing minor off a sell job but hey

not bad for his return imo

Reactions: yankeeking

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
How did my boy MacDermid look? I passed out at 8 o clock haha...
Not that the goals against were his fault, but he was pretty helpless out there. Phaneuf-level pylon, just bigger. Gonna have to pick up his game if he wants to stay.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Get used to disappointment

I have a bad feeling that even if we did get Hughes, it wouldn't save much. He doesn't strike me as a forward that can take over a team. He may help us trend toward a younger, faster, direction, but I don't see him as a savior pick or on the level of a Patrick Kane type of talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->