GDT: GM#64 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:30pm 2/28/19

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Looking at our prospect list, with Vilardi being a question mark, I wonder how many of the Top 10 guys this year would immediately be our #1 prospect upon arrival?

I mean, it had better be all 10 of them, right? Given outside of Vilardi, we haven't picked above 20 in nearly a decade...otherwise that's a blown pick.

Reactions: yankeeking

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Not that the goals against were his fault, but he was pretty helpless out there. Phaneuf-level pylon, just bigger. Gonna have to pick up his game if he wants to stay.

I passed out during the second intermission, but checked out the box score and replays. MacD was on the ice for the goal that gave up the lead half way through the third and the initial shot came from his side of the ice. He could have done better at holding the blueline or pushing the forward wide. But instead the guy was able to take a shot from the top of the circle and the rebound kicked out to the goal scorer.

Looking at box score, the stars went 0/4 on the PP, and MacD picked up a -1. But if you watch the replay of the first goal by Seguin, you clearly see MacD on the ice and well away from the bench. No idea how he wasn’t a minus 2.

The Blackhawks play the Kings tomorrow at 1PM. Ten game losing streak shall extend to 11 tomorrow.

Pat Kane runs wild at Staples, film at eleven

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The first goal with MacD on the ice can be traced back to tossing the puck up the middle of the zone but the primary reason was lazy backchecking from a veteran C.

Second goal, he played the pass and gave the shot, as he should have done. Hard shot that Quick kicked out for a juicy rebound but, again, a non-existent backcheck from a vetern C--this time the reigning Selke winner--was the primary reason for the goal.

He would have been on the ice for the goal Quick robbed with the stick save but Walker was daydreaming on that one. That being said, he is what we know he is: he is Kurtis MacDermid. Decent first pass, looks for the hit whenever possible and is not the fleetest of foot when it comes to agility. It did feel like the Kings played a little chippier last night, especially early on, and I'd attribute that to having him in the lineup. Everyone plays a little bit bigger when they have a bodyguard.

As I've been saying: he's great for the tank. It was exciting when he was out there, hoping for the big hit/fight and then, you know, two goals against.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I passed out during the second intermission, but checked out the box score and replays. MacD was on the ice for the goal that gave up the lead half way through the third and the initial shot came from his side of the ice. He could have done better at holding the blueline or pushing the forward wide. But instead the guy was able to take a shot from the top of the circle and the rebound kicked out to the goal scorer.

Looking at box score, the stars went 0/4 on the PP, and MacD picked up a -1. But if you watch the replay of the first goal by Seguin, you clearly see MacD on the ice and well away from the bench. No idea how he wasn’t a minus 2.

Pat Kane runs wild at Staples, film at eleven
I rewatched both of those goals, and I don't disagree. Like I said, he looked pretty helpless out there. That first goal started with his pass to Carter, who completely whiffed. Not to beat a dead horse, but I don't know how Carter misses that pass. Still, that turnover leads to a goal against.

The second goal, MacDermid is way too passive, giving the initial shooter way too much time and space to put a good shot into Quick's pads. Not entirely his fault, but that's not the way the Kings want to play defense. He needs to step up and take away space and time instead of backing way off.

Oh well, first game back, he played scared. If he wants to stay, he's gonna have to get better.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
As long as Phaneuf is on the roster, no reason to over criticize Kurtis MacDermid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->