Post-Game Talk: GM 6: Canucks def. Blues - 4-3 (SO) (Ferland, Miller, Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: Thursday, October 17, 5:00PM PST
WHERE: Enterprise Center, St. Louis, MO
TV: Sportsnet One
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Ferland - Horvat - Pearson
Leivo - Sutter - Virtanen
Schaller - Beagle - Motte

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stecher

Demko

St. Louis Blues’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Blais - O’Reilly - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Fabbri - Bozak - Steen
Sundqvist - Barbashev - MacEachern

Gunnarsson - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Falk

Binnington

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Nice thing is you can expect us to be competitive.
Get out of the first 5mins... find a groove, win the special teams battle.
Demko v Binnington...

Wonder how they decide to matchup... probably O’Reilly v Pettersson.

St.L’s first home game after a one week 4 gm roadie where they lost the last two. Binnington has looked meh so far.

They should be due for good performance. We are on a good roll.
Can’t wait to see how it plays out.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
This will be an interesting measuring stick even if it is only a handful of games into a new season. Looking forward to see how this Canucks roster stacks up to the defending champs.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Looking forward to this game..Canucks are relatively healthy (enjoy it while it lasts)..Hopefully Demko plays a solid game (he had a great game in St Louis in April).

Reactions: uggstown

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Hopefully the team builds on the win and Ferland gets onto the score sheet!

4-0
Boeser
Horvat
Petersson
Myers

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Gaudette gets in and scores 3 points,
Virty gaudette and myers with the goals.
Demko gets his first(?) shutout.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Cotta' feeling we're going see a breakout game from Hughes.....he'll be a load for the Blues forwards to handle rushing the puck into the offensive zone. Hoping for something like 5-3 Canucks.....but Demko will be busy and will definitely need to have better rebound control than the last game against the Wings.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Bonne chance. Go get 'em. I heard Tim Schaller wasn't a dumpster fire against Detroit? I want more of that Tim Schaller

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Bonne chance. Go get 'em. I heard Tim Schaller wasn't a dumpster fire against Detroit? I want more of that Tim Schaller

I thought it was an annomolly when he played really well against the Flyers, and then he goes and has an even more impressive looking showing against the Wings. Not on the scoresheet mind you, but just out there doing all the right things -- playing the right way. Schaller might just have actually started playing for the Canucks, finally. I'll be sure of it if he is a difference maker against the Blues. We'll see.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Time for guys like Schaller Sutter Myers Etc to show that their last few games where they played good against bad teams is a trend here to stay this year even against the good teams

That been said I think we lose this one 3-1, our goal by Horvat

Reactions: Makar27

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
You got to think the Canucks have got this one circled on the calendar for a while now. Stanley Cup champions....time to prove you belong in the post season by measuring up against the team that in the last 20 years have proved that anything can happen if you make the playoffs. The boys are gonna show up to this one no matter what, I don't know how the bounces are gonna go, what calls the refs are gonna make or how the hockey gods are gonna favour the teams but we are certainly showing up to play

5-4 final

Petey 2
Boeser 1
Edler 1
Motte 1

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Trap game for St Louis, sitting pretty after a productive road trip, two day's rest before kicking off a well-spaced home stand. They have every reason to feel comfortable heading into tonight's game. So the question for us becomes, what does our road mettle looks like?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i'm enjoying this new "six forty nine" nickname for our top line

74f378d667dc886e68acc662acfbb278.jpg

Lapierre-and-Bergeron.jpg

Taylor+Pyatt+Nashville+Predators+v+Vancouver+DdaXeJutGypl.jpg

still lost in those eyes

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
End of last season, Petey beat Binnington with a slap shot, so he knows it can be done. As others have posted, the Stanley Cup champs will be a good test for the team. The Blues are a lot heavier than Detroit, so I expect a lot of board battles, where hopefully that 4th line gets their chance to shine again.

Ahem.....time to get going Captain Bo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad