GDT: GM 6 - 1/31/13 New York Islanders at Your New Jersey Devils - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Devils are obviously incapable of handling any strategy on the powerplay so I propose this, shoot puck at net, drive to net, get rebound, outman and score. All they do are outside shots and Chico gushes over it for some reason.

chico is ****ing idiot.

he doesn't even know what planet he's on.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
My God Brodeur, that was ****ing awful. Completely unnecessary to play that puck. I can't explain how pissed off I am right now, that was the worst thing I've ever ****ing seen. His puck playing this season has been less than spectacular to say the least, and is getting progressively worse.

Terrible decision and it cost us the game. I'm not even happy about the point tonight, losing in OT/SO 3 games in a row is hardly anything to be pleased about. Our PP is awful, I'll let it slide right now though because I hope that as the season goes on the team will get more acclimated to Shaw's system and start to produce.

Changes need to happen, the sooner the better.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Vokchenkov needs to sit. He is absolutely useless out there. Zidlicky is looking like he's going to be a problem this year. Also, I hope Barch never plays another game in a Devils uniform. The guy provides nothing. He can't play hockey, he doesn't and hit, and almist always loses his fights.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
the-mad-lads-and-the-crossfire-band-you-blew-it-champion.jpg

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
We got rid of Janssen and I'm liking Anderson and Barch a lot. We got Henrique back. A few bad breaks, dumb penalties, uncharacteristically bad game by a few, and this game only barely slips through our fingers. Baby steps, and in the process, we're getting points. But yes, it is about damn time for a regulation win.

I know there's a lot to improve on, but you really have to take a step back and see that we could be in a lot worse shape. I remember last year, towards the beginning, a lot of Devils fans didn't even think we would make the playoffs.

We should be flopping at the bottom of the conference without Parise. Something is wrong, idgi.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That penalty was a ****ing joke but what do you expect with this league? **** calls throughout the game and throughout the league. Par for the course.

That said, Devils aren't playing a good brand of hockey. They show some flashes here and there, but overall, this team is nowhere near the leave they were at from February on of last year.

I can't stand the Islanders. Something about losing a single game to this pathetic franchise makes my skin crawl.
Agreed on the last sentence for sure. We always have a dud against the Isles. We scored 4 goals in this dud too somehow, but yeah still a dud. Maybe we can become this years Panthers? Even the Kings were below 500 last yearh with the OT/shootout losses!:laugh:

The first line has been a joke since game 2. I thought Zubrus wasn't a good idea for the first line either, but after having Tedenby, Matteau, and Josefson on it I changed my mind real fast. Hopefully Henrique brings the stability we need.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Win three in a row.
Lose the next three in extra time.

9/12 points. Better than 6/12, right?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
anyone think kovy needs to start showing up

Like I said they've been given wingers that have no business on that line. Tedenby has no business in the NHL, Matteau isn't ready for the NHL, nor a first line role at that. Josefson isn't first line material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad