Post-Game Talk: GM 54 | Flames def. Canucks - 5-4 (OT) (Boeser x2, Miller, Graovac)

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
d7Xtx9n.jpg.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A game neither coach will be very happy with.......sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

I understand they were trying to get Edler his 100th NHL goal....but sticking him out there in OT on the tail end of a back-to-back is 'brave' if nothing else.

Obviously a lot of 'negatives' in this game with Holtby doing his best impression of Martin Brochu and Juolevi looking like a fire hydrant. A guy who can't turn, can't play defense in the NHL.

But on the positive side, Hamonic was a beast out there and although I'll get flamed for saying it, I thought Vesey might have had his best game as a Canuck. I know he's been written off, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Canucks bringing him back on an affordable contract.

Overall, you have to give props to a team playing their fifth game in seven nights, and their second game in 24 hours but still came on like gangbusters in the third period.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Brock is getting better and stronger

Agree with that. Everybody was down on him for a couple years because he didn't follow up his rookie season with something more, but it looks like he has pulled it all together. I think we will see the same pattern with Pettersson and Hughes, who even in their maturing stage, are still very good players.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
We were mathematically out of it. Covid ridden. We got 3/4 available points recently when we have lost 4 in a row many other times. Your way of thinking helps ease the pain but this is f***ed.
Dude...

Changes are coming... chill my friend.

Reactions: Indiana

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Juolevi's skating... yikes. He looked defeated on that turn, like he just gave up because he knows he's damged goods. Might be the worst-skating dman in the league right now. Feel bad for him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Lack of real playing time. Not surprising he looks sluggish out there. And I'm not really even a fan of his.:laugh:

Juolevi does indeed look better when he gets consecutive games in a row. But his mobility is definitely an issue.

He makes a smart outlet pass and moves the puck well. But he needs to learn to play within the limitations imposed by his lack of speed.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
A game neither coach will be very happy with.......sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

I understand they were trying to get Edler his 100th NHL goal....but sticking him out there in OT on the tail end of a back-to-back is 'brave' if nothing else.

Obviously a lot of 'negatives' in this game with Holtby doing his best impression of Martin Brochu and Juolevi looking like a fire hydrant. A guy who can't turn, can't play defense in the NHL.

But on the positive side, Hamonic was a beast out there and although I'll get flamed for saying it, I thought Vesey might have had his best game as a Canuck. I know he's been written off, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Canucks bringing him back on an affordable contract.

Overall, you have to give props to a team playing their fifth game in seven nights, and their second game in 24 hours but still came on like gangbusters in the third period.
Here here.

The OT thing was....what's the word??? ;)

Anyways, I'm incredibly happy with Boeser and the Boys not giving up.
We all want better draft pick odds, but current managent will always take 2 steps back, with the 1 step forward they never deserve - draft rewarded for being incredibly poor at their job.

Our Nucks, deserve better management.
Cheers to the effort tonight.

Last edited:

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Couldn't be bothered to watch. How was Gadjovich outside of the fight? And how the hell did he end up with 2+5+10 from that?

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
gadjovich seems like a guy who's really good in around the net on the powerplay. Too bad that he likely won't see much PP time next season unless one of the Miller/Pettersson/Boeser/Horvat get injured

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Lack of real playing time. Not surprising he looks sluggish out there. And I'm not really even a fan of his.:laugh:
Lack of real playing time is why he can't skate? I realized the drop off in our team after simply trading Jordie Benn. He have been better than Edler and Juolevi. We're better off signing Kevin Connauton for 3rd pairing duty.

Reactions: Peen

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Couldn't be bothered to watch. How was Gadjovich outside of the fight? And how the hell did he end up with 2+5+10 from that?

Didn’t get much ice time after the fight. He had one bad giveaway that resulted in a goal, and didn’t do much else.

As for the PIMs - NHL refs, for you. He came in to defend Highmore after he was hit from behind, but both guys dropped gloves at the same time. Absolute horseshit that plays like that get an instigator while Simmonds going after Edler didn’t.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I just don't see Juolevi ever being an everyday d-man in the NHL.......observers in Utica last year reported on the same thing we've seen this year. He just doesn't skate or turn well enough to play in the AHL, much less the NHL.

The fact that the Canucks have barely played him this year pretty well sums up what they thought of him. Even when the season was lost, he wasn't getting any development time.

It hurts, but as a fifth overall draft pick you'd have to reluctantly concur that it's a 'bust'.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Players play for pride, and for the love and integrity of the game.

Period.

We should expect nothing but their best - at all times.

It's 'higher up' issues that must be addressed, and dealt with.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hughes does not have a 3 point game all season he does it suddenly when it’s meaningless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad