GDT: Gm 54: Ducks at Blues, @ 5pm Pacific

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
He is a 2nd winger. Once the team learns how to score goals how many empty net goals did he create this season that people couldn't tap in. He is obviously a playmaker I don't know why everyone keeps talking about goals. Any playmaker playing on this team would have a low amount of points because we have 0 goal scorers.

Not as many as you think. Every time he throws a pass two-feet wide of a guy, you go "ooooh" and add another assist to his imaginary total.

Second wingers also sometimes put the puck in the net themselves. Sorry if that's too much to ask of Mr. Terry more than once a month.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I hate to be this douche with the party foul, but at this point, I’m more inclined to believe people should start agreeing to disagree on Terry. I get that it’s a discussion forum, but LITERALLY every GDT is devolving into two page arguments about him between the same handful of people.

Are we crowding out tons of other interesting conversations?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hate to be this douche with the party foul, but at this point, I’m more inclined to believe people should start agreeing to disagree on Terry. I get that it’s a discussion forum, but LITERALLY every GDT is devolving into two page arguments about him between the same handful of people.
There's literally like 5 ACTIVE members in Ducks GDT lately.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
This is the profile of a third liner. Not a guy playing on the top scoring line of a contending team. If/When the Ducks are good again, Terry will be a bottom sixer unless he begins to score goals.

I hold against. He will be a top 6 guy.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
He is a 2nd winger. Once the team learns how to score goals how many empty net goals did he create this season that people couldn't tap in. He is obviously a playmaker I don't know why everyone keeps talking about goals. Any playmaker playing on this team would have a low amount of points because we have 0 goal scorers.

We're talking about goals because "good" forwards score them.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Certain people only come around at certain times and only to take potshots. It's beyond weird at this point.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
No, we're attempting an intervention for someone who thinks Terry is the Ducks best forward nearly every game.
He's not the best every game but he is one of the most impactful every single game. Almost every other player we have dumps pucks in and when they get it act like it's a grenade and they don't want it. Look at our powerplay everyone stands around like they are practicing.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
No, we're attempting an intervention for someone who thinks Terry is the Ducks best forward nearly every game.
I'm curious for the season, who are our top 3 forwards? not including Zegras since he didn't play very much.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
At various points in the last two years, here's a list of players for whom I have heard it's not their fault they aren't producing, they just don't have good linemates:

Terry, Comtois, Zegras, Steel, Lundestrom, Getzlaf, Rakell, Jones, Henrique, Silfverberg.

Grant and Deslaurier must be doublehandedly destroying almost a dozen careers.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
It's like they want him to fail because they were so wrong about the steel vs terry debate. Let's move on :laugh:.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Imagine thinking a playmaker is not a good player for not scoring goals on the worst PP/team we have ever had. I don't think he would have gone in the 5th round if he was a goal scorer with his tool kit.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Imagine thinking a playmaker is not a good player for not scoring goals on the worst PP/team we have ever had. I don't think he would have gone in the 5th round if he was a goal scorer with his tool kit.

Terry's inability to score goals is a part of the reason this is one of the worst PPs and teams we've ever seen. He's not some innocent bystander.

Trying to pretend it's ok he can't score because he's a "playmaker" is like all the guys in beer league who can't skate and tell themselves they're "stay at home defensemen."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->