GDT: Gm 53: Ducks at Blues, @ 5pm Pacific

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
They played hard and once again the Comtois-Zegras-Terry line looked great. I hope Drysdale is back next game his absence on the powerplay was very noticeable.

Very noticeable without Fowler on it as well. We need Fowler back. Fowler got 2 assists against the Kings. That power play looked bad when we couldn’t even gain entry into the zone

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I watched the first period and then highlights from dtmts...by highlights, I mean I watched Zegras. At least 75% of Ducks' highlights Zegras was on the ice (please no one fact check me).

Reactions: WidgitRibbit

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I could not disagree more. I mean it makes complete sense, to me, to remove some of the responsibilities from a 20 year old as he's adjusting to the NHL.
See your point of view, but disagree. He looks far more comfortable at center then he did at wing. The responsibilities he was shielded from do not seem overwhelming. Dude is and always has been a center, and I don't think a few games at wing did anything positive to lead him to where he is now.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
See your point of view, but disagree. He looks far more comfortable at center than he did at wing. The responsibilities he was shielded from do not seem overwhelming. Dude is and always has been a center, and I don't think a few games at wing did anything positive to lead him to where he is now.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm looking at permanent product based on what the organization did and in my opinion it is/was extremely effective. Perhaps they learned from throwing Steel, Lundy, etc. in the middle at a young age and NOT allowing them to adjust to the speed while having lesser responsibilities. I think most of your points (not looking overwhelmed, only playing a handful of games at wing) only strengthen my POV for the Ducks' continuing to do just that. On the Steel board there's a large portion discussing how the organization turned him in to a grinder by forcing responsibility that he wasn't ready for. Based on what the organization did this time around, I'm not sure how one can argue that the management of Zegras (and Drysdale for that matter) is not currently effective.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
See your point of view, but disagree. He looks far more comfortable at center then he did at wing. The responsibilities he was shielded from do not seem overwhelming. Dude is and always has been a center, and I don't think a few games at wing did anything positive to lead him to where he is now.
He played wing for the world juniors team through their camp and the entire tournament. So he had plenty of experience at wing. Add that to his games with SD and he hadn’t played center basically since last March.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I understand what you're saying, but I'm looking at permanent product based on what the organization did and in my opinion it is/was extremely effective. Perhaps they learned from throwing Steel, Lundy, etc. in the middle at a young age and NOT allowing them to adjust to the speed while having lesser responsibilities. I think most of your points (not looking overwhelmed, only playing a handful of games at wing) only strengthen my POV for the Ducks' continuing to do just that. Based on what the organization did, I'm not sure how one can argue that the management of Zegras (and Drysdale for that matter) is not currently effective.
Yeah, that's probably what they were thinking. But either way would probably have worked. Zegras just seems to be a different type of animal.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
He played wing for the world juniors team through their camp and the entire tournament. So he had plenty of experience at wing. Add that to his games with SD and he hadn’t played center basically since last March.
They wanted to get their best forwards on the same line. He can play wing, but is just better at center.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021

That’s not true though. He played center when he was with the Gulls. He was even sent down because Murray wanted him to transition properly as a center before calling him back up.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
They wanted to get their best forwards on the same line. He can play wing, but is just better at center.
I understand that. Your post basically said that he had never been anything but a center. I’m saying that he had played wing the entire season dating back to December until they sent him back down a month ago. That’s all.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
That’s not true though. He played center when he was with the Gulls. He was even sent down because Murray wanted him to transition properly as a center before calling him back up.
I know that. I’m talking about up until that point. He played wing for the Gulls until this last stint.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Haven't seen a good replay of Fowler's injury. From the angle I saw during the game it didn't really look like much. Maybe there was a better replay that I missed as I noticed a lot of messages here calling out for Sanford to answer. Many good chances again that unfortunately missed. Anyhow, there it is now, 9.2 PP %. On course to make history, thanks to going 0 % on the last 32 PP opportunities. That is 42 min and 22 seconds of nothing to show for (except for a goal against). Let that sink in for a moment...

Reactions: rlstine

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

This is why I wish Getzlaf would shoot more he is good at it.

Can't teach an old dog a new trick and I am the same age as Getzlaf.
When I pick up a guitar and try to change my way of holding the guitar and my particular style of bending notes among other things it just doesn't last and I go back to my signature way as it's like muscle memory from 24 years of playing.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad