GDT: GM#45 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @7:30pm 1/10/19

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There have been shortcomings in the executive branch, in the previous executive branch, in asset management, in coaching, in drafting, in development, and, noticeably, in maintaining the healthy, winning culture forged in competitive heat by the players, coaches and those in management earlier this decade.
Id like to see him back up those statements w facts. Im sure we all have an idea what he's alluding to, but to see him spell it out woudlve been very interesting - esp critiques of executive management. I wonder if AEG is behind any of this. I would not be surprised at all to see Luc and Blake dismissed after this season.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Not saying it's the wrong thing to do...but warm-ups really aren't a big indication of a team caring or not.

Not saying this team is caring, and I think sitting Kopitar and Carter would do wonders...can't get much worse than they are now
Not entirely since they did come out and play well the first period but it's an indication of them no taking the little things seriously. I've never been to a practice before but I'd imagine the practice was the same. Just going through the motions and getting it over with.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Id like to see him back up those statements w facts. Im sure we all have an idea what he's alluding to, but to see him spell it out woudlve been very interesting - esp critiques of executive management. I wonder if AEG is behind any of this. I would not be surprised at all to see Luc and Blake dismissed after this season.

Back it up with facts? The facts are out there in the open and have been discussed ad naseum on this board.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC

I’m not certain about it, but isn’t Luc technically Rosen’s ultimate boss?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Just saw this from Rosen too:

Warm-ups seemed a bit loose before the game. Touch passes on line rushes were not connecting – I counted two rushes that ended without a shot because of mishandled pucks.

Can it be any more obvious the team doesn't give a **** anymore? Bench Kopitar, Carter, and Toffoli tomorrow. Send a freaking message. Or at least take all 3 off the power play and reduce their minutes in half. Do something! Let the guys who play hard and want to be there play. Play Wagner, Luff, and Clifford 25 minutes. Embarrass all the "star" players tomorrow and hope Pittsburgh embarrasses the team even further by beating them 10-0.

Why would any of that make them care? They've gotten their asses handed to them for a while now, and they keep not caring. If any of those guys were benched, what would that do? The 6-1 losses don't matter, but oh, I was benched by the empty shell of an authority figure, I better shape up? I cant imagine Kopitar, Carter, or Toffoli giving a damn. We would, obviously, see the same bored Kopitar in the post game interview, obviously.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Why would any of that make them care? They've gotten their asses handed to them for a while now, and they keep not caring. If any of those guys were benched, what would that do? The 6-1 losses don't matter, but oh, I was benched by the empty shell of an authority figure, I better shape up? I cant imagine Kopitar, Carter, or Toffoli giving a damn. We would, obviously, see the same bored Kopitar in the post game interview, obviously.

I think if the Kings healthy scratch or bench a star, it’s ultimately a PR move. To your point, it’s not like the player being benched will rebound and the team goes on a run.

So it’s mostly signaling who is not part of the team next year and it’s probably choosing an easy scapegoat. How else to read into the treatment of Kovalchuk, and he’s the biggest piece I think BLuc will get rid of first.

Phaneuf is a logical next choice, but you can see that dragging out to the offseason.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I think if the Kings healthy scratch or bench a star, it’s ultimately a PR move. To your point, it’s not like the player being benched will rebound and the team goes on a run.

So it’s mostly signaling who is not part of the team next year and it’s probably choosing an easy scapegoat. How else to read into the treatment of Kovalchuk, and he’s the biggest piece I think BLuc will get rid of first.

Phaneuf is a logical next choice, but you can see that dragging out to the offseason.

After Kovalchuk actually did go out with an injury, there's been less of that. Since coming back, 6th in ES time, 4th in PP time, and 6th in total time for F per game.

I don't subscribe to the theory that there's going to be some huge blow up of the roster between now and October.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
After Kovalchuk actually did go out with an injury, there's been less of that. Since coming back, 6th in ES time, 4th in PP time, and 6th in total time for F per game.

I don't subscribe to the theory that there's going to be some huge blow up of the roster between now and October.

I don't see many teams lining up for anybody on the Kings roster other than the big guns. And Blake will want the world in return.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Back it up with facts? The facts are out there in the open and have been discussed ad naseum on this board.
Whats on social media arent necessarily the facts. He criticized two separate executive teams.. so tell me, who was he criticizing and about what since its obvious?

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Whats on social media arent necessarily the facts. He criticized two separate executive teams.. so tell me, who was he criticizing and about what since its obvious?

He’s criticizing the decision making which if you can’t see the mistakes Lombardi made and Blake has made so far, I don’t know what to tell you.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
He’s criticizing the decision making which if you can’t see the mistakes Lombardi made and Blake has made so far, I don’t know what to tell you.

Lombardi's mistakes came out of risks taken to stay on top. Full win now mode. Blake claimed this team was still a contender but has made no moves to support that claim meaning he either doesn't believe what he's pitching(hopefully) or he doesn't know what he's doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->