GDT: GM#45 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @7:30pm 1/10/19

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I don't even care if they finish last cause we all know they won't get the #1 pick. Chicago will somehow win it. Although I guess if they finish last they're guaranteed top 4 right?

Reactions: LAKings88

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Will never happen but Blake should be going to Doughty and telling him he is blowing it up, that the plan to attempt to make the playoffs with him, Kopitar and Quick is over after this season and they will be planning t0 maybe contend again in 22-23 season and that if Drew will waive his NTC that Blake will attempt to move him. If Drew says he doesn't want to be traded there is nothing we can do, but atleast see if Drew doesn't want to be in a rebuild through the rest of the prime years of his career. Again it likely would never happen but that is what we should be doing at this point in time.

The only contracts on the books in 2021-22 (when the Seattle expansion team comes) are Kopitar, Brown (1 year left), Carter (1 year left), Doughty, and Quick.

If we can trade Kopitar and Quick, we can certainly handle two second- or third-line, overpaid wingers. If we can trade Carter, even better.

By then, guys like Hughes (or whoever we select), Vilardi, Kupari, JAD, and Clague should be on the roster to complement some of the young guys we already have.

Luff, Wagner, and Kempe are all 21/22. Leipsic and Iafallo are 24/25. Plus guys like Rempal, Scherbak, Amadio, Brickley, Anderson, and Phillips. One or two of those guys on the roster would be great.

If we blow it up now, we could be back and competing in two or three years, given the team has a vision and the leadership to get there. If guys aren’t motivated, move them.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Hey at least we have something to be happy about Philly and Ottawa won!!!

St Louis won too!

I don't want to keep my hopes up too high for Hughes or Kakko, so paying some attention to Cozens, Dach, Podkolzin, Bowen Byram, Matthew Boldy.

Love this quote about Boldy - even if it is a little embellishing....if he's truly like that, the type of player the Kings need -
Steve Kournianos - The Draft Analyst - Nov. 5th: "Electrfying winger who can plays with controlled violence and jaw-dropping skill. Boldy treats every shift as an opportunity to strike fear into his opponents.

Kind of polar opposite of Toffoli - "non-electrifying winger, plays with Mrs Lady Bing controlled softness, and jaw-dropping lack of playmaking skills. Toffoli treats every shift as
an opportunity to strike laughter into his opponents"

2019 NHL Mock Draft | 2019 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I remember being 5 years old and being really excited one night for whatever reason. I was jumping on my parents bed like a madman while the Kings game was on in the distance, when my Dad offered me a drink of his milk...

little did I know that he had just dumped a pound of salt in his gross ass BUTTER MILK. I must have sprayed that shit 10 feet across the room. It was coming out of my mouth, nose - I think some of it even ended up in my hair.

That's pretty much how this game felt tonight.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gonna trade him for a game used Curtis Lazar stick.

"Game used" and "Curtis Lazar" is an oxymoron

at least in 07-08 you had some real promising young guys trying their best. this is just a bunch of vets mailing it in

THey had the promising young guys trying their best

Then the vets came back from injury

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I had free tickets tonight and I still want my money back.

We've seen some bad teams over the years, but they scored, and had some heart...this is rock bottom, gutless, futureless hockey with no vision and no one accountable.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I had free tickets tonight and I still want my money back.

We've seen some bad teams over the years, but they scored, and had some heart...this is rock bottom, gutless, futureless hockey with no vision and no one accountable.

I'm the only one booing. Some p***y millennial said "they won two cups" as I was booing after the game.

Can't imagine the Teddy pajama party and Verizon cuck segments don't foster this bullshit response.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Seriously tho, a micd up Kopitar is zero dialog, only sound you'd pick up from him is his stick smashing against the net after a game.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
He's gonna be our Paul Gaustad at the deadline. 1st round pick incoming! :sarcasm:

There should be interest in him at the deadline. He could fetch something of value. Keep grinding KC.
Highly doubt Blake moves him.

Though Martinez and Hagelin are good as gone.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Clifford on emotion of the game "Lack of emotion. Lack of, you know, just everybody on the bench is to blame. Everybody that’s on the bench is to blame tonight".
Same amount of goals as Kovalchuk and Toffoli, one less than Jeff Carter over the half way point of our season.

Our top six might be one of the worst in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad