GDT: GM#44 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30pm 1/7/19

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was going to say it but didn't want to jinx it but doesn't matter anyway...i just knew the refs were gonna call something chintzy after letting the whole game go. f***ing knew it. Double extra garbage that it's something SJ got away with VERY CLEARLY twice.

Stopped the play and literally 9 Sharks on the ice when Thornton played the puck back before changing once, 10 guys on when the puck hit Dillon before he jumped the boards.

Still had every opportunity to win that game, just extra annoying to deal with shit like that night after night as if this team needs any more hurdles. At least no goal callbacks tonight I guess.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
the refs could give us 5 more power plays but it does no good when our players pass all day and no-one can take a proper shot
Kings would have possibly tied it because if the Sharks were in the box 5 times in the game, it would have disrupted their game. PP's can still create momentum even if you don't score on them. They also can wear down a team for stretches during a game.

Refs called the game one-sided because the NHL wanted to showcase the Sharks on TV as strong Cup contenders.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Staying in 30th.

P2OsUH9.jpg

It wasn't a total waste of time by the Kings, so this is basically what the game was.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i don't know if there was intentional bias in the reffing but i'm just sick and tired of how some games it's called tight as f*** then the next game it's a free for all

like, you're gonna tell me there wasn't one single stick infraction this entire game? cmon.

Reactions: Reaper45

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Canuck fans said to expect delay of game penalties after WD was hired.

Meh. They did that so, so often when Sutter was here. Even in the good years. Try and cheat on the change and get caught. Guys not paying attention. Whatever it was, that's not a new feature of Kings hockey.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i don't know if there was intentional bias in the reffing but i'm just sick and tired of how some games it's called tight as **** then the next game it's a free for all

like, you're gonna tell me there wasn't one single stick infraction this entire game? cmon.

I thought they called a really good game otherwise. It was pretty even, teams werent taking liberties.

Which makes them calling a technical foul away from the play while the puck is in our dzone with two minutes left extra f***ing bullshit considering the puck literally bounced off Sharks when they had too many.

Reactions: Reaper45

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I was going to say it but didn't want to jinx it but doesn't matter anyway...i just knew the refs were gonna call something chintzy after letting the whole game go. ****ing knew it. Double extra garbage that it's something SJ got away with VERY CLEARLY twice.

Stopped the play and literally 9 Sharks on the ice when Thornton played the puck back before changing once, 10 guys on when the puck hit Dillon before he jumped the boards.

Still had every opportunity to win that game, just extra annoying to deal with **** like that night after night as if this team needs any more hurdles. At least no goal callbacks tonight I guess.

b341353f9e6eff8234e4610daab7f03c.jpg

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Kings would have possibly tied it because if the Sharks were in the box 5 times in the game, it would have disrupted their game. PP's can still create momentum even if you don't score on them. They also can wear down a team for stretches during a game.

Refs called the game one-sided because the NHL wanted to showcase the Sharks on TV as strong Cup contenders.

Dude, seriously....STFU.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Drew beasting the hell out too, if only someone could finish.

The team was 46.74% CF% tonight...Drew, despite drawing top matchups playing 28:17 including 3:47 of PK time (no other D over 2:51) was an absurd 59.38% CF%, 19.38% rel, and was a +1.

Reactions: BringTheReign

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Cliffy played a whopping 6:54
Wagner : 7:45

They were down in the game. Thompson barely played 10 minutes too. Toffoli played less than Kovalchuk, Iafallo, and Leipsic. Phaneuf played the fewest minutes on d.

That's about what Wagner plays. Maybe a few extra seconds here and there, but he's pretty consistently around 8 minutes or so. Shouldn't expect anything different.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Drew beasting the hell out too, if only someone could finish.

The team was 46.74% CF% tonight...Drew, despite drawing top matchups playing 28:17 including 3:47 of PK time (no other D over 2:51) was an absurd 59.38% CF%, 19.38% rel, and was a +1.

hes a system defenseman at best tbh

you think we could trade him for nylander? maybe if we retained some salary

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Fell asleep when the game started.

Watched the highlights. Muzzin was on ice for every sharks opportunity. He looked awful. My God.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fell asleep when the game started.

Watched the highlights. Muzzin was on ice for every sharks opportunity. He looked awful. My God.

Not even trying to defend him but more often than not it was because the Sharks were directly attacking Walker.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What we learned from the Kings’ 3-1 loss to the San Jose Sharks
Tyler Toffoli looked lost

The winger has generally muddled through a down season offensively, and he made at least two poor plays late in the game Monday. His pass to keep the puck in the zone from near the blue line did not connect, and he elected to pass into Jeff Carter’s feet with the puck on his stick in the slot.

Though there’s ample blame for underachievement on the Kings, Toffoli’s seven goals through 44 games grows more noticeable, and Monday was even more puzzling after he scored last Saturday.
Martin Jones still likes playing the Kings

The numbers are difficult to ignore: Jones is 11-3-3 in 17 regular-season games against his former team. His performance Monday was typically steady, maybe even a quiet-like 22 saves, although his stop on Adrian Kempe in the third period was big.

Jones even collected his first assist in 222 games with San Jose, on Tomas Hertl’s goal. He had two assists in his 34-game Kings tenure.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
This was probably Toffoli's worst game. I would honestly consider scratching him after that performance. Kempe looked like a beast out there. He didn't score, but the dude was flying. I would like to sub in Luff for Toffoli next game to send a message to Toffoli.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad